Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help stop the Government spying on our every move  (Read 9415 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2012, 16:14:08 »

Its fine by me. I have nothing to hide.

What makes you think having nothing to hide makes you immune from the government abusing its power?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2012, 16:16:11 »

I thought there was already a key word thing that detected words like bomb.

Maybe that was just on Spooks

/
W56196272
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2012, 16:16:13 »

What makes you think having nothing to hide makes you immune from the government abusing its power?

apart from not living in the UK, probably nothing.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Spencer_White

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2012, 17:27:06 »

I think they are doing all this already. They just want to be able to put it to the courts.

Its totally out of order though.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2012, 19:13:02 »

I thought there was already a key word thing that detected words like bomb.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 12:46:04 »

I don't believe what I read in the paper this morning. Its the truth. There's no smoke without fire. Their reporting never fails. I just can't wait 'til it drops through the box in the morning. Its my treat for the day with my wife. She's still yawning as we read every page. Its the truth no distortion never tales. Stuck in Daily Mail Land, but you don't understand!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 12:59:08 »

Do prisoners still get their mail read? I am not a number!!!!  Fear
china red

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:11:51 »

I suppose it means we can blame the government when things go horribly wrong.  Terror attacks not stopped etc etc (god forbid they happen)

I used to work for the British government here a few years ago and we were warned that the offices were more than likely bugged.  In fact a few people I know claim that our phones, emails and the like are being monitored and I don't care.  I do the same things that anyone else would do, I have no intention of murdering or molesting anyone and if someone is really interested in what I look at or download from the internet then good luck to them. 
stfcinbmth

« Reply #38 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 07:45:30 »

The Yanks are at it as well, but globally

http://www.avaaz.org/en/stop_cispa/?cl=1705092149&v=13515
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 08:24:07 »

I suppose it means we can blame the government when things go horribly wrong.  Terror attacks not stopped etc etc (god forbid they happen)

I used to work for the British government here a few years ago and we were warned that the offices were more than likely bugged.  In fact a few people I know claim that our phones, emails and the like are being monitored and I don't care.  I do the same things that anyone else would do, I have no intention of murdering or molesting anyone and if someone is really interested in what I look at or download from the internet then good luck to them. 

Agree completly BUT,i think its the scenario when things go wrong,you know like the complete balls up with the Brazilian shot in cold blood for no reason in London the is the worry.
With the Met being done for rife racism amongst other things and they work closely with our terror police there is reason to be a little bit curious of how good a job they will do.

Of course our secret services and such do a lot of good work we know nothing about and i suppose its a case of us all having to accept that fuck ups will happen in the quest to keep the majority safe.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 08:59:49 »

The Yanks are at it as well, but globally

http://www.avaaz.org/en/stop_cispa/?cl=1705092149&v=13515

Registered with that one as well, cheers.
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 09:04:29 »

Agree completly BUT,i think its the scenario when things go wrong,you know like the complete balls up with the Brazilian shot in cold blood for no reason in London the is the worry.
With the Met being done for rife racism amongst other things and they work closely with our terror police there is reason to be a little bit curious of how good a job they will do.

Of course our secret services and such do a lot of good work we know nothing about and i suppose its a case of us all having to accept that fuck ups will happen in the quest to keep the majority safe.

I imagine it'd be chilling to know the ways in which they protect us. There's real live Harry Pearces and James Bonds out there saving the country/planet. Granted it won't happen every week as in spooks though
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 10:09:14 »

Saves me going to london and telling david cameron that I think he's a cunt.  I can just do it here.  And michael gove.  He's a cunt too.  The list could get a bit long though.

They are given a mandate to govern by the people, the people can take that mandate away. 

Haha my thoughts exactly.
Spencer_White

« Reply #43 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 20:02:53 »

How can the Liberal Democrats even begin to call themselves Liberal if they put this through? Is it the job of every elected party to forget everything they stood for once they get into office?

Didnt Obama pledge to close Guantanamo? Fraud.

I dont like George Galloway one bit. But if he could teach our regular politicians that we are sick of inaction and pre election lies, then that could only be a good thing.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 08:05:47 »

It's initiatives like this that change relationship between the individual and the state.  Sounds waffly, but I think it's an important point.  If you look the other way when initiatives like this go through, you can't complain when years down the line you realise you are effectively owned by the state...which is basically a collection of other blokes and women who are appointed by politicians who seek re-election every so often.  All a bit tenuous.  If these blokes/women want to have a look at my private correspondence, I'll want a look at theirs.  Fair's fair.

This

Read 1984 

Actually the Pox forum is a lot more fun
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: