Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bring back Kerrouche  (Read 11056 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 15:13:02 »

If we do win the league with a game or two to spare do you think Paolo will play the likes of Storey and other squad players or stick with the regulars? Most managers would give the fringe players game time but not so sure about Paolo.
DRS

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 15:14:21 »

Sure he said he wouldnt
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 15:15:57 »

Would be disappointed if we were handing out first team appearances for free.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 15:40:05 »

Storey hasn't even secured a pro contract yet(i do think he will get one) and is not ready to start games in a title chasing side imo.
Rooney off benson could work but he has squandered chances previously which seems the reasons people don't want Connell to play.

What this does highlight is that our forward options will need serious bolstering in the summer. I'm not convinced Benson is good enough for league 1 top end either. I also don't think he has been as good as people think Connell has been bad.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 15:45:04 by arriba » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 15:49:33 »

Alan Connells becoming a bit Billy Paynter isnt he?

Some seem to think he's great, others seem to think he's shit and misses loads of chances.

Somewhere inbetween the two i'd say...

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 15:52:54 »

Alan Connells becoming a bit Billy Paynter isnt he?

Some seem to think he's great, others seem to think he's shit and misses loads of chances.

Somewhere inbetween the two i'd say...

so would i
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 15:55:18 »

Of the strikers we have left on the books and not pissed off Paolo I'd say a front 2 should be in this order:

- Benson
- Connell (I agree with DV's assessment by the way).
- Bodin/Murray
- Storey

Can't separate the last two, I think Bodin has the greater goal threat.

If we go up its clear we need 2 new strikers.

It an interesting point about changing formation but I really don't think this is the time to try it.

There is no crisis.
-
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 15:59:14 »

the best two strikers do not always make the best strike partnership.

I'd say Connell is a better striker than Bodin but Bodin and Benson seem to make a better partnership.

Again, in the same way that Paynter might not have been your cup of team he was the perfect partner for both Cox and Austin.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 16:00:02 »

I do feel Bodin has been harshly treated. One ineffective game against Cheltenham and he's been ostracised again.

Connell has had a good season for us but you could tell from August that PDC is not convinced by him.

Murray offers us pace and movement but does not have the fitness to sustain it. Has been a woeful finisher unfortunately.

I think PDC will be after at least one striker with a proven League One goalscoring record this summer. Could be an entertaining saga to follow this summer...
Bodin is laughably over rated by some of our fans. I would like us to keep him as he has potential but there is a reason he has been loaned out twice this season.

I agree with your other points, of our strikers the only one who I can see making the step up is Paul Benson. I am sure we will sign a couple of decent forwards in the summer.

If we do win the league with a game or two to spare do you think Paolo will play the likes of Storey and other squad players or stick with the regulars? Most managers would give the fringe players game time but not so sure about Paolo.
Hopefully our best side, maybe with one or two youngsters coming on but regardless of promotion being in the bag I would like us to play the strongest side possible.
DRS

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 16:00:45 »

I dont think he is shit i just don't think he is that good that the crowd think it is ok to boo subbing him. DeVita has been just as good and gets dropped but no one boos.The difference?Connell is a nice bloke who says the right thing in the papers and fans buy into that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 16:03:49 »

TO be honest DRS I don't think anyone thought that Connell was good yesterday Smiley I took the boos to mean they thought Murray was worse. I think its been brewing a while, that Connell hasn't been given a fair crack when playing well (not that he has the last two games).

A substitution should never be booed, but when it happens in those numbers its obvious its not just one or two thinking it.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 16:09:19 »

Although i dont think there is any need to change the formation, I'm curious as to how Ritchie would play in behind Benson with Holmes and Rooney out on the wing.

Think he could have some success in the middle
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 16:12:11 »

I think Fola may have been fishing.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 16:15:04 »

I dont think he is shit i just don't think he is that good that the crowd think it is ok to boo subbing him. DeVita has been just as good and gets dropped but no one boos.The difference?Connell is a nice bloke who says the right thing in the papers and fans buy into that.
I agree, I find when Connell starts he seems less effective but sometimes when he's not playing I think we miss him. When Connell was taken off yesterday I was a bit concerned about risking Benson with his neck injury but that was the only reason I thought maybe Connell should of stayed on. His chance on the far post should of been buried and the miss gave Rovers hope, we never created another good chance like that for the remainder so proved costly.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 16:34:17 »

All I know is Kerrouche was bloody good in the games I saw him play.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: