Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fuel strike  (Read 17896 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 16:13:05 »

Lots of people would take a £30k a year driving job... me for a start!

Whats stopping you then? Grin
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 08:22:26 »

The lack of a hgv license!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
fatbasher

« Reply #107 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 08:40:02 »

What this episode does show us is the future, unless alternative fuels are sourced and readily available before the oil runs out. Otherwise there will be regular scenes worse than we have witnessed over this last week.

We as someone once said to me will end up "using the last drop of oil fighting over the last drop of oil".
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 10:18:41 »

and your piles - think of the agony
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 10:30:24 »

Get one then....if i can anyone can!

Most of the drivers on £30,000 or over have spent years reaching that kind of wage.
In any case this threat of strike has little to do with the drivers wages.

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 11:57:44 »

Aint cheap to fund getting your hgv licence yourself nowadays. You have to take a theory plus two practical tests to drive an artic.  the pay for rigids is poor plus artic money has fallen in recent years.
Also you will have to get the cpc qualification which is 35 hours in a class room and costs too.

Any bugger who cannot do another job can do this one though. Its easy, the hours are 9-5 monday to friday and you go home from work every night. Wink
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 12:35:37 »

1500 quid at least to get your licence i believe
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 15:50:04 »

No fucking diesel at the bp in calne on Friday morning....the other garage had 6 cars and vans waiting at 8am. Filled up near ludgershall in the end with no queue.

I needed to fill up as I had about 25 miles left.

No queues in the filling stations in the smoke.

The union have said they will not strike until at least after Easter......STOP PANIC BUYING!!!!

Clems Army!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 15:50:59 »

Got petrol easily today from shell on marlborough road. Was quieter than usual infact
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 15:56:51 »

I hope they do strike and ground the country to a fucking halt...make the coalition understand that this country is run on fuel and to stop taking the piss with the tax they rob from us.

Clems Army!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 17:09:00 »

Gobshite Francis Maude was invited 12 months ago to a meeting to address the health and safety issues that have now led to the strike ballot.

This government love potential strikes as it turns people against each other. Public vs Private, Working class vs working class etc etc.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 17:13:04 »

[url width=425 height=599]http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/images/stories/wickes2_1.jpg[/url]
Dozno9

« Reply #117 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 18:08:35 »

I know it shouldn't annoy me but if someone is going to the effort to do that why not check the spelling first.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 18:35:58 »

Gobshite Francis Maude was invited 12 months ago to a meeting to address the health and safety issues that have now led to the strike ballot.

This government love potential strikes as it turns people against each other. Public vs Private, Working class vs working class etc etc.

Arriba, you know as well as me that this is a politically engineered move to deflect the hate of the Tories over the granny tax, pasty tax, £250,000 dinners to influence govenment policy etc.  Unite is labour's biggest donor, so to stir it all up was done to embarrass Milliband and the labour party.  It has obviously backfired, but then the tories think we are all fools anyway, Tell them we have no plans to raise VAT, the NHS is safe in our hands, we will not cut the oap fuel payments and they will believe us and vote us in!  After that we will act just like STFC and do what we want!!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 18:48:59 »

Problem is though there is no real alternative is there,ten years of Labour means that we are clearing up the complete bollox of a job they got us in.
Labour lost the election on the back of a complete fucking farce of a government in the last ten years.....and a Union(Unite) shouldn't be donating any of there members hard earned money to Labour anyway....many of there members probably voted in the current government i would say which is rather ironic.

I have no respect for Cameron and co to be honest but he is playing the game that Labour were privelidged to play for ten shitty years.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: