Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morecambe Away  (Read 27757 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 05:50:35 »

I hope this game is on as booked B&B and only have until tomorrow to cancel otherwise have to pay the full amount Sad 

So what's the weather like up there right now ?

Its cold in Lancaster today, wind dropped right off but chilly. As Lancaster/Morecambe is on the coast we rarely get snow.

As for venue for a pre match pint I am local and I have no suggestions, the ground is in a funny part of Morecambe away from the town centre.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 07:20:10 »

Morecambe seafront then grab a cab?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 08:09:34 »

Its cold in Lancaster today, wind dropped right off but chilly. As Lancaster/Morecambe is on the coast we rarely get snow.

As for venue for a pre match pint I am local and I have no suggestions, the ground is in a funny part of Morecambe away from the town centre.

I've been told there is a caravan park across from the ground called "The Sportsman"?? 5 minute walk apparently
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 08:29:05 »

Just google mapped morecambe fc and it's come up with 2 grounds  Huh? Huh?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 08:42:48 »

Just google mapped morecambe fc and it's come up with 2 grounds  Huh? Huh?

Globe is the one you want.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Dirty Harry

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 11:15:41 »

Good stuff i hope the weather holds out as been looking forward to this away trip ! I looked on the map and the ground is about two miles from my B&B which is on Marine Road so will probably park up there and just walk to the ground and back.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 11:29:15 »

Globe is the one you want.

What was Christie Park has now got a bloody great big Sainsbury's on it!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 18:47:24 »

Reckon we can get 50 % of the attendance tomorrow ?

We had 37 % at Barnet.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 18:57:42 »

Dunno if its been mentioned but Morecambe fans are having a dress up day thanks to Mr Di Canio.....

Fans' Fun Day for Good Friday

Fans' Club and Morecambe FC are pleased to say that we will be having a Fans' Fun day this coming Friday 6th April. The theme for the day is Italian/Mafia Beach Party. Come in whatever makes you look like Paolo Di Canio, bring your flags, balloons and bring the noise. During the game Christie will be handing out Easter Eggs to the little ones and there will be the ever popular half time "Open the Box" as well as another go at the Crossbar Challenge. We will also be looking for the best "Paolo pushes over the ref" impersonation so get practising. After the game from around 6.30 or so (so you can still watch the Man of the Match presentation and talk about the game) we'll be holding a fun quiz (pound per person in each team) with cash prize. So if you think your general knowledge stacks up, your Shrimps trivia is tops or you know your music come along. After the quiz we'll be having a few tunes from a DJ as well as the kind of quality beers and food we've come to expect at the Globe Arena. The banter will be turned to maximum so come and join in the fun.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 18:59:28 »

Oh dear.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #85 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 19:03:59 »

Reckon we can get 50 % of the attendance tomorrow ?

We had 37 % at Barnet.
They seem to get about 2,000ish home fans per game (a few less recently) with an average away following of about 200, but the pull of Paolo will add a few hundred to the home crowd I think making it about 2,200 home fans, if we can get 1,100 away fans then I think we will be about 33% of the attendance by my guestimate on the home crowd.

I would think we will get around 1,000 fans there tomorrow in a crowd of around 3,200.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 19:08:06 by JJEdmunds » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 19:08:49 »

Dunno if its been mentioned but Morecambe fans are having a dress up day thanks to Mr Di Canio.....

Fans' Fun Day for Good Friday

Fans' Club and Morecambe FC are pleased to say that we will be having a Fans' Fun day this coming Friday 6th April. The theme for the day is Italian/Mafia Beach Party. Come in whatever makes you look like Paolo Di Canio, bring your flags, balloons and bring the noise. During the game Christie will be handing out Easter Eggs to the little ones and there will be the ever popular half time "Open the Box" as well as another go at the Crossbar Challenge. We will also be looking for the best "Paolo pushes over the ref" impersonation so get practising. After the game from around 6.30 or so (so you can still watch the Man of the Match presentation and talk about the game) we'll be holding a fun quiz (pound per person in each team) with cash prize. So if you think your general knowledge stacks up, your Shrimps trivia is tops or you know your music come along. After the quiz we'll be having a few tunes from a DJ as well as the kind of quality beers and food we've come to expect at the Globe Arena. The banter will be turned to maximum so come and join in the fun.

Doh That's quite embarrasing.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 19:11:28 by Swindon Please Win » Logged
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 19:14:36 »

Was watching the Hairy Bikers the other day when they called at the Globe Arena. Apparently they employ a top chef who makes their pies and they have been voted the best in the football league. Bet they bake a few more when they hear I'll be there!
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 19:19:16 »

Gutted work have changed my shifts round so cant go.
Was gonna stay in a hotel and everything. Cunts.

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 22:20:59 »

Gutted work have changed my shifts round so cant go.
Was gonna stay in a hotel and everything. Cunts.

Did you already have your fancy dress sorted?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: