Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morecambe Away  (Read 27527 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 09:01:13 »

They must have played their reserves

They played a shit tommy mooney!

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #106 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 10:10:40 »

It looks like some fans of Morecambe have seen in Paolo what we see in him, maybe he is finally winning over a few opposition fans, heres a couple of quotes from the Shrimpers Forum.

At first I though he was a mad hatter. But then I realised that he was constantly telling his subs how to do things if they got on. Showed a new perspective on the management game. Excellent.

Worth the entry fee alone.

Destined for greater things, probably sooner rather that later. Close season move?

In the first half he seemed to be giving a 5 min lecture on how to kick the ball he had his back towards the game and didn't watch any of it for a while as he talked to them.

I loved the way after every incident he would run back to the bench and get onto his assistant.

Been his assistant must be the worst job in football Soapy Tit Wank

Thought Di Canio was pure box office today
God knows what he's like when they lose
One mistake for them and they get subbed and no handshake !
and at the end everyone gets a big hug especially Jimbo

Thought the funniest bit today was when he turns quickly and berates the 4th official about them being given offside
... why funny ? because he had his back to the action and wasnt even watching the incident at the time the whistle went as he was remonstrating with his own bench but re-acted totally to the noise of their fans !!

Very much a 'lone wolf' and his own man - but it obviously works for him so far

oh, and I would love to watch a Crawley v Swindon game !

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 14:40:06 »

I thought it was hilarious yesterday with Paul Benson celebrating the winning goal with SuperTed and other assorted superheroes. The Town Fans after the game on the open top double decker bus made me laugh out loud and singing 'We're top of the bus, We are Swindon, We're top of the bus'.

I am sure there will be more amusing tales come out over the weekend
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 15:03:23 »

My claim to fame, yesterday at Morecombe I went to the toilet and had Ironman one side and Superted the other side. Still even super heroes get taken short I suppose.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 15:18:10 »

I thought it was hilarious yesterday with Paul Benson celebrating the winning goal with SuperTed and other assorted superheroes. The Town Fans after the game on the open top double decker bus made me laugh out loud and singing 'We're top of the bus, We are Swindon, We're top of the bus'.

I am sure there will be more amusing tales come out over the weekend

That was the london boys. The B&B they stayed at provided that to and from the ground.
Dirty Harry

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 16:58:02 »

Well the football weren't pretty but we got a much needed 3 points and i had a great time ! Morecambe a bit run down though and quite a few places closed down so ended up going out in Lancaster which weren't much better to be fair.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 17:14:55 »

Well the football weren't pretty but we got a much needed 3 points and i had a great time ! Morecambe a bit run down though and quite a few places closed down so ended up going out in Lancaster which weren't much better to be fair.

Just out of interest where did you go?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 18:32:27 »

Lancaster looks a tough old northern city. The sort of place where you don't take liberties.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 18:34:50 »

Lancaster looks a tough old northern city. The sort of place where you don't take liberties.

Its not that bad (nowhere near as bad as Morecambe), I have lived up here for 14 years (on and off) having been bought up near Witney and I would have no more concerns going out in Lancaster than there!

The thousands of students are both a positive and negative impact on the town!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 18:39:39 »

I take it the old industrial buildings by the river are disused ?? They look about 120 years old.
Dirty Harry

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 18:44:03 »

Just out of interest where did you go?

Not sure on names mate as got pretty hammered
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 18:46:09 »

I take it the old industrial buildings by the river are disused ?? They look about 120 years old.

Yep they have been trying to do them up since I have been here, but unlike most places the quayside in Lancaster isn't much used for pubs etc.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 18:49:54 »

If that was Newcastle, it would be luxury apartments by now. I guess there isn't a market for that! I've been to a lot worse places anyway. Scariest I can remember as a lorry drivers mate when I was a kid is Bolton. Absolute hole.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 18:53:30 »

If that was Newcastle, it would be luxury apartments by now. I guess there isn't a market for that! I've been to a lot worse places anyway. Scariest I can remember as a lorry drivers mate when I was a kid is Bolton. Absolute hole.

Lived in Newcastle before came here and I agree, never understood why quay in Lancaster has never taken off.

I dislike Bolton intensely and have the pleasure of going through on the train everyday on way to work. A total hole and possibly the worst place in country to drive (except Reading!)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, April 8, 2012, 19:35:49 »

anybody got any pics from the weekend?

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: