Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley  (Read 28953 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 18:08:48 »

I think we will be lucky to escape a hefty fine this time, after all this must be Paolo's fault surely.

A typical Crawley performance, six yellow cards to none for Bradford says everything you need to know about the game.

My guess would be a hefty fine for both clubs, with some of it probably suspended to persuade them not to do it again.

Also, wouldn't be surprised if there are bans/sanctions against other players.
I haven't studied it that much but I'm sure there were more than the five throwing punches.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 11:36:00 »

3 match ban and 4 match ban for the 2 crawley players sent off, loved this bit though

"I think it was handbags, with a lot of pushing and shoving, but it was disappointing to see. If people have acted out of turn they need to be dealt with.

"The fourth official confirmed to me that the Bradford boy ran and punched somebody. Then there was a mass of bodies who had initially come together to shake hands"

And Evans just seems to be obsessed with us still....

http://www.thisissussex.co.uk/Evans-laughs-Di-Canio-comments/story-15644828-detail/story.html

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 11:43:36 »

3 match ban and 4 match ban for the 2 crawley players sent off, loved this bit though

"I think it was handbags, with a lot of pushing and shoving, but it was disappointing to see. If people have acted out of turn they need to be dealt with.

"The fourth official confirmed to me that the Bradford boy ran and punched somebody. Then there was a mass of bodies who had initially come together to shake hands"

And Evans just seems to be obsessed with us still....

http://www.thisissussex.co.uk/Evans-laughs-Di-Canio-comments/story-15644828-detail/story.html

Nothing about Evans is 'straight'

"It will be a tough ask. It has to be said that whenever Swindon Town or Crawley Town go to a ground they are a scalp."

Crawley - a big scalp. Now I need a straightjacket to stop my sides splitting

I come from a land down-under
Dozno9

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 11:51:25 »

The run-in pits Crawley against teams all currently below them

Considering they're 3rd not a great stat is it.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 12:34:48 »

I think our run also pits us against teams currently below us.  Another great stat.

Lets face it that's all bollocks anyway isn't it.  Unless everyone of your games is against sides who are safe from relegation but with no chance of playoffs your still going to face teams who are going to be fighting for something.

Never knowingly overstated.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 12:41:46 »

I think our run also pits us against teams currently below us.  Another great stat.

Lets face it that's all bollocks anyway isn't it.  Unless everyone of your games is against sides who are safe from relegation but with no chance of playoffs your still going to face teams who are going to be fighting for something.

and sometimes clubs with fuck all to play with are just as tricky , so it doesn't really matter.

RJack

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 12:44:40 »

This

Starting with Rovers Saturday they will give us a tough game make no mistake & anyone who thinks we'll breeze it Saturday will be in for a shock as McGhee is slowly turning them around as a team.

jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 13:07:43 »

I'b be surpised if there is anyone who thinks we will breeze this...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 14:47:36 »

Definintely.  If there are odds being offered already (which I doubt there are) on teams being promoted from League 2 in May 2013, you could do worse than put a ££ on Bristol Rovers.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 16:12:07 »

Dunno if this has already been mentioned:

Following the events which occurred at the end of the League Two match between Bradford City and Crawley Town on Tuesday 27 March 2012, The FA has issued the following charges:-

• Both Bradford City and Crawley Town have been charged for failing to ensure that their players and/or officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour. The clubs have until 4pm on 3 April 2012 to respond to the charge.

• Crawley Town’s Pablo Mills has been charged with violent conduct for an on-field incident which occurred outside of the jurisdiction of the match officials but was reported to The FA. This charge is additional to the dismissal for violent conduct which Mills received after the match. The player has until 6pm on 30 March 2012 to respond to the charge.

• Crawley Town’s Kyle McFadzean has been charged with violent conduct for an on-field incident which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video. McFadzean has until 6pm on 30 March 2012 to respond to the charge.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2012/bradford-crawley-charges-290312.aspx

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 16:12:26 »

Charges issued then.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2012/bradford-crawley-charges-290312.aspx

Macfadzean in trouble as well.  He wasn't sent off originally was he?

Never knowingly overstated.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 16:44:06 »

I'm surprised Claude Davis hasn't been mentioned as it was widely reported that he definately received a Red card after the incident.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 16:51:39 »

Which Crawley players were sent off?

It looks like that statement has picked out players other than the ones sent off.  What sort of things would be outside the jurisdiction of the referee?  I imagine on the pitch pretty much everything was in their jurisdiction?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 17:11:59 »

• Crawley Town’s Kyle McFadzean has been charged with violent conduct for an on-field incident which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video. McFadzean has until 6pm on 30 March 2012 to respond to the charge.

Seems strange that the FA have done this, but decided that Westcarr's assault on Devera required no further action. They really need to find some consistency in their post-game meddling.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 17:31:15 »

Seems strange that the FA have done this, but decided that Westcarr's assault on Devera required no further action. They really need to find some consistency in their post-game meddling.
Maybe someone needs to make a formal complaint about it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: