Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Running and General Health Thread  (Read 195240 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 15:27:00 »

Cheesy "I just shit a brake cylinder"

You don't have brake cylinders on bikes?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 15:30:28 »

You don't have brake cylinders on bikes?
Pfft. Like I'd know that. Haven't you got legs to shave or something?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 15:36:23 »

Pfft. Like I'd know that. Haven't you got legs to shave or something?

Back, sack and crack?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 06:47:43 »

I was aiming for 100 miles running this month, but haven't run for two days due to plantar fasciitis. I managed 83 miles in 25 days, so happy enough with that, and will have to dust off my bike I think.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 09:43:25 »

I was aiming for 100 miles running this month, but haven't run for two days due to plantar fasciitis. I managed 83 miles in 25 days, so happy enough with that, and will have to dust off my bike I think.

That's a great effort.  Well done!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 10:38:07 »

Decent!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:12:02 »

Nice one.  I was aiming at possibly getting off my fat arse and going for a run, but then I got work and have failed to get of the aformentioned arse.  Next week.  It starts again next week.

Never knowingly overstated.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 12:56:06 »

Nice one.  I was aiming at possibly getting off my fat arse and going for a run, but then I got work and have failed to get of the aformentioned arse.  Next week.  It starts again next week.

You've got music work again? Not tour management I imagine though. Anyway, whatever it is must be welcome right now.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 13:34:04 »

No music.  Running a 'site' supporting the NHS.  Will be empty by next week and then Ill start worrying.  Hopefully we'll have some bits of music back by November / December and I can start earning again.

Never knowingly overstated.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 15:14:59 »

Well, good for you doing your bit while you can't do the day-job. And please let there be rock 'n' roll soon. (Everyone says that with the bands and football team I follow, social distancing has never been a problem blah blah blah...)

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 08:41:33 »

Since the school holidays started I've been able to get out and run three times a week, adding an extra k each week. Started at 5, now up to 8k this week and plan to keep going as far as I can I guess. Three times a week might be a bit much when I go back to work but think two will definitely be doable.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 08:49:35 »

Has anyone suffered from tendinitis on the inside of their foot? Any solutions?

I have had it for months, give myself a few weeks rest every now and again but it won’t shift, I’m putting more and more weight on as when I’m not running it sticks to me like glue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 11:23:41 »

Not specifically there, but have periodic (and ongoing struggles) with tendons in my calf and more recently plantar fascilitis which is a similar connective tissue issue (poetry!) apparently. Been advised the same as pretty much any connective tissue inury
1) Probably due to doing too much, so rest it for a few weeks. I know you said you are resting, are you trying to start back too soon or doing too much when you do? (I'm bloody terrible at taking this advice myself)
2) Stretches before and after running (obviously the right stretches for the area of concern, not much point doing glute stretches for inside of your foot)
3) Physio
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 15:59:52 »

And ensure your'e wearing the correct shoes. Some have arch support which may help?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 16:30:18 »

I have had it for months, give myself a few weeks rest every now and again but it won’t shift, I’m putting more and more weight on as when I’m not running it sticks to me like glue.
in the arch? sure it's not Plantar fasciitis ?

maybe a physio visit is needed for diagnosis. not cheap though.

ps. I put on 5 stone after I got perma injured and not running. I'm losing it now but my nagging advice is change your diet as that's a shot load easier than losing it after the fact Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: