Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Running and General Health Thread  (Read 195227 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Monday, September 30, 2019, 15:18:04 »

had arthroscopy , looks like my running days are over. Hopefully though better on the pain department.
Sad That's really shit, gutted for you.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Monday, September 30, 2019, 15:24:01 »

This should probably go in the 'annoying/can't understand thread'

But over the last year or so (since I stopped playing football after my achilles tendon op) I have started to go to the gym. Not a fancy one or anything like that, its not overly large or busy and suits my needs. I have mini OCD so have a routine that I like to keep which is a mixture of weights and cardio.

But what really grinds my gears are when people will sit at a piece of apparatus that I want to use, and piss about on their phones. I really want to ask them if they plan to use the equipment but don't want to cause any confrontation!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 15:36:33 »

But over the last year or so (since I stopped playing football after my achilles tendon op) I have started to go to the gym. Not a fancy one or anything like that, its not overly large or busy and suits my needs. I have mini OCD so have a routine that I like to keep which is a mixture of weights and cardio.

But what really grinds my gears are when people will sit at a piece of apparatus that I want to use, and piss about on their phones. I really want to ask them if they plan to use the equipment but don't want to cause any confrontation!

I play with my phone between sets (I'm normally jotting down what I've just done, and what I'm gonna do next) and they might be doing the same.

If they're sat there and genuinely doing nothing just ask them politely if they're finished.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 15:41:13 »

That happens all the time where I go. Some spend more time farting around with their headphones/phone/mp3 than on the equipment. Added to the annoying list are the people who don't wipe the equipment down.  No
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 15:49:37 »

I play with my phone between sets (I'm normally jotting down what I've just done, and what I'm gonna do next) and they might be doing the same.

If they're sat there and genuinely doing nothing just ask them politely if they're finished.

Oh I know the difference between the folk that are checking their phones etc during sets, I do this briefly myself. I didn't time it, but there was one fella that must have been sat on the chest press machine for about 5 minutes without actually doing anything. (I had noticed as the machines I was using pretty much face where he was)

To be fair, my gym is never hugely busy so there generally hasn't been a time where I have been struggling for a piece of apparatus so its really a very minor 'gripe'.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 17:42:59 »

If anyone fancies doing a tough mudder next year then shout. I am hopefully doing it in august at Badminton. Be good to raise some money for a charity.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 13:09:45 »

I am no runner (Manchester 10k is frankly enough for me) but this made I larf....

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Monday, November 25, 2019, 12:42:52 »

Did the Paris 10k yesterday in under 50 mins, which I was happy with after a flaky year in terms of health and fitness. With the official t-shirt being red, I went out specially on Saturday to buy some white shorts. The new kit was obviously the key factor in my performance.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #548 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 07:39:54 »

Great effort RF. I've been doing 10km every sunday for a good while now, am yet to get it under 50 minutes but getting closer.

I assume the Paris 10km is pretty flat?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 08:35:30 »

Well done, RF.  I'll bet it's a stunning course.

I've also been rubbish in recent months.  Earlier this year I was going really well, and completing a 10+ mile run most weeks (often running home from work in Bracknell, which I loved).  But work & life has got in the way recently.  Looking forward to picking it back up again next year.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 08:43:27 »

Great effort RF. I've been doing 10km every sunday for a good while now, am yet to get it under 50 minutes but getting closer.

I assume the Paris 10km is pretty flat?

Yes, not many hills in the centre of town. Nice route round a few of the sights, and very clement weather. Keep it up, and switch the odd pint for a glass of wine!

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 10:36:22 »

Yes, not many hills in the centre of town. Nice route round a few of the sights, and very clement weather. Keep it up, and switch the odd pint for a glass of wine!

Does it not go up to Montmartre??

I need to start running again, even just a 5k every now and then to keep cardio up whilst the weather is too shit to go out on my bike....
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 10:57:06 »

Does it not go up to Montmartre??

I need to start running again, even just a 5k every now and then to keep cardio up whilst the weather is too shit to go out on my bike....

Not bloody likely - this one stays around Opéra, Grands Boulevards, les Halles. There are others that go up the hills, but I'm a bit of a PB-chasing junkie, so I don't see the point of adding unnecessary obstacles - and pain - to the process.

Looking for suggestions for appealing and accessible half-maras next year - anyone got any favourites?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 11:06:33 »

Nice one, RF, specially like the white shorts touch!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Thursday, January 2, 2020, 17:02:26 »

Bastard!

https://www.facebook.com/wiggle/videos/760948191057655/
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: