Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Running and General Health Thread  (Read 195249 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #330 on: Friday, March 31, 2017, 11:26:00 »

I've considered the switch from beer to wine but, as you say, it's bloody expensive out here.

Other than that, I don't have a sweet tooth.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Friday, March 31, 2017, 11:39:26 »

A nutritionist friend tells me that as long as you exercise, the body can process fats. It's sugar that needs to go. I've found it relatively easy to wean myself off most sweet stuff, but of course alcohol hides lots of sugar too. The only concession I've made there is drinking more wine than beer, but I know it's really hard to find affordable wine in Thailand.

You don't even need the exercise, the body and brain can work just fine using fat (ketones) for energy. It's the way I've eaten for the last two years or so.

On the booze front; lager, beer and cider are to be avoided but dry wines and spirits are fine (just watch the mixers). Plus being in ketosis gets you drunk quicker so it's cheaper too!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Friday, March 31, 2017, 12:56:24 »

You don't even need the exercise, the body and brain can work just fine using fat (ketones) for energy. It's the way I've eaten for the last two years or so.
Samdy preparing to dine with the missus:
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Friday, March 31, 2017, 13:47:34 »

Pretty much Smiley
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 20:55:33 »

Did my last long run pre London marathon today.  A very slow 17 miles.

If any of you fancy sticking any cash my way its for Teenage Cancer trust and my page is at

www.virginmoneygiving.com/graemenash

And if no one sponsors me, Ill put photos up of my chaffed inner thighs.  Its looking like a rare steak down there.

Never knowingly overstated.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #335 on: Thursday, April 13, 2017, 09:34:08 »

I went for my first run on Tuesday. When do my calves stop hurting? I'm keen to go again.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Thursday, April 13, 2017, 09:40:30 »

That varies on your general fitness. Don't rush it as rest is also vital.

How far did you run?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Thursday, April 13, 2017, 10:26:52 »

I went for my first run on Tuesday. When do my calves stop hurting? I'm keen to go again.

DOMS, Probably a couple more days hurt but today likely the peak. Should get less/none of this when you go regularly.
Flashheart

« Reply #338 on: Thursday, April 13, 2017, 10:44:52 »

I found my calves stopped hurting and the other parts started.

My knees are currently giving me grief. I think it may just be because they're not used to the regular impact, or something like that.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #339 on: Thursday, April 13, 2017, 11:03:28 »

That varies on your general fitness. Don't rush it as rest is also vital.

How far did you run?

I cycle every day, average 50km a week. First run was 3km. Cardio wise I felt like I could go another 3km fairly easily but my body was just starting to hurt and didn't want to overdo it. Also had a massive blister. I was hoping to go again today but I'm nowhere near ready for another.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Thursday, April 13, 2017, 11:28:53 »

I find even switching from regular treadmill running  back to road knackers the muscles, particularly knees, at least for a few runs.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Thursday, April 13, 2017, 12:00:29 »

Did my last long run pre London marathon today.  A very slow 17 miles.

If any of you fancy sticking any cash my way its for Teenage Cancer trust and my page is at

www.virginmoneygiving.com/graemenash

And if no one sponsors me, Ill put photos up of my chaffed inner thighs.  Its looking like a rare steak down there.

Done.

Reading the running and cycling threads on here and seeing other people do exercise always makes me feel a lot fitter.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Thursday, April 13, 2017, 12:25:38 »

Thankyou sir!

Never knowingly overstated.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Thursday, April 13, 2017, 15:04:52 »

No disrespect to Jayo, but why do people put their distances down in KM? Really annoys me, and makes it sound further than it actually is. I'm a miles man.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Thursday, April 13, 2017, 15:16:04 »

No disrespect to Jayo, but why do people put their distances down in KM? Really annoys me, and makes it sound further than it actually is. I'm a miles man.

Thank you.

It annoys me too, but I didn't want to bring up something so frivolous.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: