Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worthy Adversaries  (Read 4616 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 08:46:14 »

I'm with DMR on this one (minus the abusive comments  Smiley ). We've only been in league 2 for one season and quite a few CFC fans have judged us on one game. They talk about league 1 as though we've been out of it for 20 years! I wonder if they are "bigging up" league one as some excuse for the fact they are bottom of it?  Hmmm
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 08:47:40 »

Fuck off.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 11:17:29 »

The gulf in class comment is a bit of an odd one - we've beaten several higher league teams this season in cup competitions, including three League One sides. To judge our League One credentials on a one-off cup game is a bit unfair to be honest.

At the same time we've lost to Macclesfield (currently 23rd), Dagenham and Redbridge (21st), and drew with Herford (24th) and Bradford (19th), but that doesn't mean we should be at the foot of league 2.

In addition all our victories over higher league opponents have been in Cup games, which teams often put out squad players.

Personally I think he makes some valid points; after all Chesterfield walked League 2 last season, look where they are now; we struggled in league 1 after we sold our Captain and key defender (where are Brighton now with Gordon Greer).

With the exception of a few players we have basically a totally different team to the last time in Division 1, I think we will need to strengthen at the back, we have been playing Midfielders in the centre of defence; whether we can get away with this next season who knows. I think Di Canio realises this as he wouldn't have brought in McEveley.
Coloquix

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 11:19:45 »

'Defensive frailties brutally exposed in league 1?' Are you quite sure? Didn't realise Barca, Milan and Utd were playing in L1 next year.

Fuck off you patronising northern cunt
Ouch! Back in the knife-box tiger!  Cheesy
To be fair though, I must apologise...I didn't mean that you guys were frail defensively or that there was a gulf in class between us...actually, I still maintain that you played by far the better football, far more attractive to watch anyway. We were oddly hoofy, but it worked I guess.
If anything, my comment served as a warning. A lot of Spireites thought we'd waltz it this year and as it turns out, the slightest weak link is focussed on reet heavily in L1. You guys played a lot like we did last season; confident attractive attacking football, which served us very well last season. We've been given a quality slap in the chops this year is all, and I would hope that you manage to avoid a similar fate, cos lets face it, you're going up. I'm gonna f*ck of now anyway, there's some kids outside playing in the street and I need to make sure they're clued up road safety-wise haha. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 11:22:37 »

Ouch! Back in the knife-box tiger!  Cheesy
To be fair though, I must apologise...I didn't mean that you guys were frail defensively or that there was a gulf in class between us...actually, I still maintain that you played by far the better football, far more attractive to watch anyway. We were oddly hoofy, but it worked I guess.
If anything, my comment served as a warning. A lot of Spireites thought we'd waltz it this year and as it turns out, the slightest weak link is focussed on reet heavily in L1. You guys played a lot like we did last season; confident attractive attacking football, which served us very well last season. We've been given a quality slap in the chops this year is all, and I would hope that you manage to avoid a similar fate, cos lets face it, you're going up. I'm gonna f*ck of now anyway, there's some kids outside playing in the street and I need to make sure they're clued up road safety-wise haha. Good luck for the rest of the season.

DMR is like that with everyone so don't take too much notice!!

I personally think its good to have opposition fans on here and hear their opinions. (not Oxford fans though)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 11:23:18 »

If we get rid of Benson, Ritchie, Caddis and Ferry and don't replace them, then we may very well have to heed your warnings but I'm pretty sure we'll be strengthening in the summer. Something which you guys failed to do?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Coloquix

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 11:30:52 »

If we get rid of Benson, Ritchie, Caddis and Ferry and don't replace them, then we may very well have to heed your warnings but I'm pretty sure we'll be strengthening in the summer. Something which you guys failed to do?
We failed MASSIVELY in that dept Benzel. And we've paid for it ever since. Again, apologies for the patronising tone, I've read it back and it does come across as a tad snooty, which was not my intention at all. If anything, I just hope that you avoid making our mistakes because I've always had a soft spot for Swindon. It all stems from when you guys had the twin brother of our key striker (Reevesy) and you were a Premier league team when I first developed a love for football.  Grin
But anyway, it's none of my beeswax is it really? Enjoy the rest of the season anyhow, hopefully we'll meet again next season....hopefully.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 11:32:44 »

I think they lost their main striker (not Lester) and didn't replace him, hence why we had to score for them Sunday.

I think that advising us on league 1 will obviously met with "we've played there for 8 of the last 10 years so can probably work out what we need Wink".
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 11:37:43 »

We failed MASSIVELY in that dept Benzel. And we've paid for it ever since. Again, apologies for the patronising tone, I've read it back and it does come across as a tad snooty, which was not my intention at all. If anything, I just hope that you avoid making our mistakes because I've always had a soft spot for Swindon. It all stems from when you guys had the twin brother of our key striker (Reevesy) and you were a Premier league team when I first developed a love for football.  Grin
But anyway, it's none of my beeswax is it really? Enjoy the rest of the season anyhow, hopefully we'll meet again next season....hopefully.

No biggy, nothing wrong with a bit of discussion between fans. Makes a nice change from the usual abuse and fuck off Di Canio that we get week in, week out.

What a lot of people seem to forget is that we were in L1 this time 12 months ago, only now we have a chairman who will not repeat the mistakes of the last one - which he has already proven this season. You only have to look at the loanees that we've just brought in, two of which are with a view to signing when their current deals expire in the summer (Holmes and McEveley) I think we need a big powerhouse centre mid, as well as another Ferry-esque ball playing CM, a ruthless CF and a bit of back up in a couple of other positions.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 11:42:00 »

We failed MASSIVELY in that dept Benzel. And we've paid for it ever since. Again, apologies for the patronising tone, I've read it back and it does come across as a tad snooty, which was not my intention at all. If anything, I just hope that you avoid making our mistakes because I've always had a soft spot for Swindon. It all stems from when you guys had the twin brother of our key striker (Reevesy) and you were a Premier league team when I first developed a love for football.  Grin

Had a sing song with some of your boys pre game and sunday..discovered that we both have a loathing of yellow and blue, so sang chimm chimmernee together!
kerry red

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 12:33:16 »

I think we may have been fooled somewhat by the absolute dross that is the majority of sides in L2 - makes us look like worldbeaters.

It is nice to think that our 'superior' football will be better suited in a higher league, but those who think next season will be a bit of a stroll will be rudely awakened I reckon.

For want of a better analogy, we would be a Brentford in League 1 I think.
Coca Fola

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 13:23:47 »

Ouch! Back in the knife-box tiger!  Cheesy
A lot of Spireites thought we'd waltz it this year and as it turns out, the slightest weak link is focussed on reet heavily in L1.
Girl Giggle
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 20:18:13 »

'Defensive frailties brutally exposed in league 1?' Are you quite sure? Didn't realise Barca, Milan and Utd were playing in L1 next year.

Fuck off you patronising northern cunt

Fuck me....i really reckon you must have been bullied at school or something.
I would hate to be you,so agresive all the time..........so sad that a bloke who can make some darned good points always seems to have a snarl in with it.

Oh well takes all sorts i suppose.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 20:23:01 by leefer » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 20:32:10 »

I think you are taking DMR too seriously Leefer.
DMR

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 22:02:40 »

You wouldn't hate being me I'm the dogs danglies
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: