Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Come on lads........  (Read 4735 times)
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 09:23:29 »

Despite being initially annoyed, the whole event was comical to the highest order and actually the most entertaining part of the day out at Wembley

I enjoyed your efforts to get Gabilondo to the Green Man.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 09:29:42 »

When we lost against Millwall I felt devastated and it took me days to get over it, a major factor in that was because there was then a 2 month break until we could avenge that defeat in any way. Yesterday I was gutted and felt like shedding a tear on he coach home, I wanted to celebrate and feel what its like to win a cup at Wembley so badly.

Today I am still hurting but I know that in a few weeks time we will hopefully be celebrating a league title and in the grand scheme of things promotion from League 2 is 100 times more important than yesterday.
So we pick ourselves up and dust ourselves down and in a few weeks time, yesterday’s defeat will be a sad moment of a great season.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 09:39:10 »

Surprised myself how disappointed I was after the game yesterday. We probably build them up too much but it's a shame that games like yesterday and Oxford away we've not really been at the races.

Having said that we should now be able to focus on smashing this league for the rest of the season, and it's not like there's been a shortage of good performances and good games this season. As bad as the atmosphere and team were yesterday, the games I'll remember from this season will be ones like Southend away, and hopefully one or two more from this final stretch, starting with beating the gas on saturday.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 09:42:08 »

I feel flat, too. Millwall was worse because the whole season rested on that one game. This year we have a chance to still lift silverware, so not so bad. Hate losing though. Wembley is no place for losers.

It's paramount we bounce back on Saturday. All of us.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 09:48:00 »

Yep, I still feel completely dejected this morning. I'm sure it'll all be forgotten in the build up to the Rovers game.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:52:55 by Gnasher » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:35:13 »

Like others have mentioned I'm surprised at just how gutted I feel, prior to the game I saw it as a good day out without being too bothered about the result but I didn't sleep well last due to the flat feeling I had.
I'm not going to criticise the team, it just didn't go our way, on top in the first half and I felt confident at half-time, then they get a lucky goal and any composure we had went out the window as we almost tried to hard to get back in it.
My real concern now is actually in relation to team morale, leaving out players who have worked hard all season and giving debuts to two players in a Wembley cup final was a big mistake in my book.

Think I'd actually be a little disappointed with 'just' automatic promotion now, a league title is what I want, lets all pull together in the last 9 games, really get behind PDC and the boys and see us over the line.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:47:48 »

I'm pretty much over it now to be honest. We had a day out at Wembley, and although it's a shame the result wasn't what we wanted, I had a pretty good day overall. Add to that a lie in this morning and some beautiful weather to wake up to, I can't say I'm feeling too bad.

It's not that I see the JPT as unimportant... but there's still plenty to look forward to. A good crowd, a good perfromance and a good result on Saturday will hoepfully be enough for everybody to put yesterday's defeat behind them and start getting excited about winning the title.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:50:50 »

I was watching in bed, when the second goal went i turned the telly off did a little fart and went back to sleep, am i a bad fan?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 12:34:15 »

Makes you realise that Wembley is no place for losers.

That hurt yesterday.

I have vowed to celebrate even more now if we get promotion because of that pain.
Makes me realise that I took the last 2 wins at Wembley for granted and not sure if I would like to go back to witness another defeat.

One big party if we go up......................That was always the goal this season - Promotion.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 16:00:29 »

A lot of our fans bought into the media hype of this game, that it was some sort of coronation for di Canio. It was never going to be like that...in reality there is little to choose as clubs between STFC and Chesterfield, so it was always likely to be close...0-0 looked a banker until the OG, and we never looked like coming back from that.

Could have done without Wovers on Sat, as we've not done too well in Derby games this season, the win v Numb being a bit fortunate.

The hope has to be that the newbies Holmes, Tehoue and Bostock can inject a bit of energy into away performances as we're starting to look a bit creaky away from the CG...PO's need to be avoided at all costs.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 16:04:26 »

A lot of our fans bought into the media hype of this game, that it was some sort of coronation for di Canio. It was never going to be like that...in reality there is little to choose as clubs between STFC and Chesterfield, so it was always likely to be close...0-0 looked a banker until the OG, and we never looked like coming back from that.

Could have done without Wovers on Sat, as we've not done too well in Derby games this season, the win v Numb being a bit fortunate.

The hope has to be that the newbies Holmes, Tehoue and Bostock can inject a bit of energy into away performances as we're starting to look a bit creaky away from the CG...PO's need to be avoided at all costs.

Is Rovers a derby game? It doesn't have the same build up as Poxford...the pressure is not the same - 3 points aside

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 16:23:52 »

Is Rovers a derby game? It doesn't have the same build up as Poxford...the pressure is not the same - 3 points aside

Although Wovers fans understandably save their obsession for Shitty...they will bring a fair few, and I'm sure their players and McGee can gain a bit of credit for turning us over...so should be well up for it.
Dozno9

« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 16:34:09 »

It's a 3pm kick off, I thought Rovers would have been an early one.
woolster

« Reply #28 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 16:35:57 »

Although Wovers fans understandably save their obsession for Shitty...they will bring a fair few, and I'm sure their players and McGee can gain a bit of credit for turning us over...so should be well up for it.
not looking forward to this, can see it being another pox episode Eek
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 17:20:42 »

I have to say I was actually less dissapointed that I thought I would be yesterday. It felt like we had just lost a normal match. I felt worse after the defeat at Crewe! I'm sure we'll bounce back and Paolo will have the boys firing on all cylinders again on saturday at fortress CG.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: