Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Come on lads........  (Read 4739 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:43:36 »

Its over now and losing at Wembley really hurts.

Let the dust settle and by Wednesday lets start looking forward to the Gas.
Lets get back to normal and end the season on a high.

Proud to follow this great Club.
If we had to lose today and get promotion (win the league) I am sure every one of us would take this.
That is the only thing that will ease the pain.

No time to slag of players, team selection etc. We're top of the league and deserve to be.
Come on You Reds...............This is it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:06:07 »

Yep, you've got to move on. I've got to admit, given that today 'didn't matter', I'm way, way more pissed off than I should be, or thought I would be (but that's probably because I'd never even considered that we actually might not win).

Sometimes rather than over analyse, you just have to forget about it and move on to the next game. We've not suddenly become a shit team with shit players. Let's just win this bastard God forsaken league and move on up!
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:08:51 »

Good posts, lads. I totally agree.

Winning today would have been great, but although a few hours of hurt have gone by now, im pretty much over it. The league is far, far more important.

Some of the abuse the players are getting on Twitter, however, is nothing short of scandalous.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:20:27 »

If any of the players are getting abuse it's complete cunts who don't know what supporting a team is all about.

Too many beers to be posting on here but I'm Swindon and proud today!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:01:23 »

Yes but what about the ladies!

/
W56196272
adje

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:26:39 »

Yeah maybe but that dont alter the fact that I forked out 65 quid for a non performance!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:38:22 »

There really are some bell ends following us!

Get over it and get behind the lads for the final push - we will win this proxy league.

And to the twats on the train back who held us up at Reading while the old bill got involved, fuck you!

There, I feel better already!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:44:23 »

We were better than them today, just didn't get the luck.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:45:04 »

Fuck off -I dont want to get over it.Dont mean Im not gonna get behind the lads for the rest of the season.Sick of all this"cant criticise"bollocks!
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:47:25 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:54:49 »

Its over now and losing at Wembley really hurts.

Let the dust settle and by Wednesday lets start looking forward to the Gas.
Lets get back to normal and end the season on a high.

Proud to follow this great Club.
If we had to lose today and get promotion (win the league) I am sure every one of us would take this.
That is the only thing that will ease the pain.

No time to slag of players, team selection etc. We're top of the league and deserve to be.
Come on You Reds...............This is it.

Life goes on. Chesterfield may have won, but the reality will sink in tomorrow that they are simply a tinpot L2 side who are destined for relegation in the next few weeks. Let them have there moment!

Now, ain't that just like me?
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 23:18:38 »

Life goes on. Chesterfield may have won, but the reality will sink in tomorrow that they are simply a tinpot L2 side who are destined for relegation in the next few weeks. Let them have there moment!

Completely agree, but I wouldn't say it so harshly. We all know what relegation feels like. Hopefully this cup gives them something to cheer about, and kickstarts their season.

There. Isn't it nice to be nice?

fatbasher

« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 06:15:48 »

Get over it and get behind the lads for the final push - we will win this proxy league.

And to the twats on the train back who held us up at Reading while the old bill got involved, fuck you!

Which is why I make my own way to these games.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 06:51:27 »

If you were on the 19:30, they were sat behind us in first class - bunch of twats who had no tickets and no money. Fair play to the train manager gave them every opportunity to pay up but they had no money nd no cards - I think they thought they'd do a runner when they got to Swindon... Didn't get that far and got nicked at Reading.  

I felt a little bit sorry for Swindon guy who seemed to be hijacked by them - he got nicked then managed to convince the guy he wasn't with the group and another friend had the ticket so he stayed on the train only for his mate to then turn up with the tickets and present them to the guard... Standard day returns from Swindon to Didcot... And as if that wasn't bad enough his young son then chirps up and says "good job you got some tickets dad; Aunty Chloe and her friends haven't got any tickets down there" I think you can guess where this ones going...

Despite being initially annoyed, the whole event was comical to the highest order and actually the most entertaining part of the day out at Wembley
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 09:11:16 »

Yep, you've got to move on. I've got to admit, given that today 'didn't matter', I'm way, way more pissed off than I should be, or thought I would be (but that's probably because I'd never even considered that we actually might not win).

Sometimes rather than over analyse, you just have to forget about it and move on to the next game. We've not suddenly become a shit team with shit players. Let's just win this bastard God forsaken league and move on up!

Well said.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 09:20:54 »

I agree fucking totally with that mate, almost word for word what I was going to post.

Before the game I truly didn't give a flying fuck if we won or not but when I got inside the stadium I thought to myself....do you know what...I DO want us to win this today.

And it hurt me much much more than I thought it would, part of it I think was that so many players just didn't perform well during the game, I felt a little let down by them in some ways but thats football.

We are still 1st in the table and promotion is THE goal of the season, we will achieve that goal I am sure, the players will come out stronger from this and I think we had a fair few players showing nerves which is understandable.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: