Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 41099 times)

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 21:09:24 »

You normally talk sense but come on...

Tell me how i'm wrong then.

DV in his response to nev contradicts himself again.(piss poor-pretty piss poor)

Anyway, we have players who i don't think are good enough for our ambitions in league 1 but do ok in league 2. We will need at least 4 new quality players in the starting 11 to be good enough to mount any sort of assault on the division.
That is to a side that has done very well this season. I am in no doubt that Di canio will address this and make the improvements necessary.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 21:12:39 by arriba » Logged
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 21:48:37 »

There is a difference if you compare the bottom teams in league one and league two, I've now seen all the top six teams in division two and would be surprised if they couldn't hold their own in league one. Think with the side we have now we would be a top ten side in division one.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 21:59:16 »

If I were a bitter man I'd take a bit of pleasure in them losing 4-1 tonight. If.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 22:12:37 »

Their revival didn't last long then. See Westcarr got booked, must of been something the officials seen this time, I'm not bitter either.
DMR

« Reply #394 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 11:08:58 »

We are a fine example. We've spent time towards the top and bottom of both leagues in the last decade - loads of clubs fluctuate between the 2 divisions with success and shit in equal measure.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 11:16:37 »

DV in his response to nev contradicts himself again.(piss poor-pretty piss poor)

Anyway, we have players who i don't think are good enough for our ambitions in league 1 but do ok in league 2. We will need at least 4 new quality players in the starting 11 to be good enough to mount any sort of assault on the division.
That is to a side that has done very well this season. I am in no doubt that Di canio will address this and make the improvements necessary.

Agree, on us needing 4 new players to launch an assault on the top end of league 1 next year ......

But how many players will PDC sign to get these 4?

As great as Paolo has been, his transfer policy can be described as scattergun at best!  If we had greater financial constraints and Paolo had been forced into working with some of those players he signed first up .... Where do people think we would be sat right now in the league?

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 11:21:08 »

We are a fine example. We've spent time towards the top and bottom of both leagues in the last decade - loads of clubs fluctuate between the 2 divisions with success and shit in equal measure.

That's a reasonable arguement but it still doesn't sway me. The top of one division vs the bottom of the one above is without doubt close but overall the quality is not as good(hence why i said there is a gulf)
I don't think our current side would be anywhere near the top of league 1 if Di canio had taken over with us just managing to stay up last year.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 11:31:15 »

Their revival didn't last long then. See Westcarr got booked, must of been something the officials seen this time, I'm not bitter either.
I contacted the FA to ask them if they were reviewing the incident involving Devera.  They said that they are "satisfied no retrospective action is required".  Bottlers!!!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 22:51:56 »

I contacted the FA to ask them if they were reviewing the incident involving Devera.  They said that they are "satisfied no retrospective action is required".  Bottlers!!!

It's not like he punched him in the face or anything...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 06:46:59 »

I am amazed DMR hasn't commented on this yet.

So I will - get a grip!! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #400 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 08:17:56 »

It's not like he punched him in the face or anything...
A spokesman for the FA said that camera evidence was not enough as it shows Westcarrs arm is heading towards his face but does not clearly show if it made contact.

I thought that "intent" was enough to get you a red card. I guess I was wrong.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 08:21:13 »

Dunno why we are moaning tbh.

He never touched him
DMR

« Reply #402 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 11:42:08 »

I am amazed DMR hasn't commented on this yet.

So I will - get a grip!! Smiley

In all seriousness it is a bit sad...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 11:59:29 »

In all seriousness it is a bit sad...

I actually couldn't agree more.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 17:14:12 »

He never touched him

I'm assuming that Devera punched himself to cause his bloody nose then.
Maybe he will get the ban instead Wink
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: