Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sir Martin Arib and Andrew Black  (Read 6457 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 08:51:33 »

Did anybody hear Nick Watkins' interview on Wiltshire Radio this morning.  Paid tribute to Sir Martin and Andrew Black on their involvement with the financial side of the squad.  As regards the 55% wages limit in this division , if one of the two agree to pay the wages of say Lee Holmes and John Bostock does this mean that they are not included in the 55% of turnover?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 08:54:56 »

No it doesn't but they can agree to sponsor the club with the amount of their wages, a one off sponsorship deal which is then legal because thats how Notts County got around the wage cap.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 09:07:14 »

What is it with mis-spelling people's names in thread titles on this forum?

[Nev]Arbib, it's Arbib!![/Nev]
kaufman

« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 10:00:47 »

When did this interview go out?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 11:20:24 »

This morning, though when it was recorded who knows.

And yes I'd imagine if they make themselves known at Wembley they would have 29,000 offers to buy them a pint.

I think we are all aware and in gratitude of their commitment to the club. The reason they don't get talked about is that they are quietly going about things in the background rather than at the coal face. Out of sight but not out of mind.

So thank-you Sir Martin and Mr B. I'll try and give back by opening a betfair account and losing some money.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 11:45:14 »

So thank-you Sir Martin and Mr B. I'll try and give back by opening a betfair account and losing some money.

Of course they'll read your comments because one of them is fatbasher and the other is jutty on here.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 12:07:56 »

Of course they'll read your comments because one of them is fatbasher and the other is jutty on here.

Fatbasher you say....One of our boardroom team did go to WeightWatchers. It all makes sense Wink
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 13:21:33 »

I will deny it, it is not me. I did have the same hair style as Sir Martin before i got it cut but that is as far as the likeness goes. ( but i wouldn't mind 100th of what he is worth. )
fatbasher

« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 15:00:18 »

One is neither fat, a basher, a director of STFC or a founder of an online betting company. Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 15:47:44 »

One is neither fat, a basher, a director of STFC or a founder of an online betting company. Smiley

Only the true Andrew Black would deny his TEFness.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 16:57:01 »

This morning, though when it was recorded who knows.

And yes I'd imagine if they make themselves known at Wembley they would have 29,000 offers to buy them a pint.

I think we are all aware and in gratitude of their commitment to the club. The reason they don't get talked about is that they are quietly going about things in the background rather than at the coal face. Out of sight but not out of mind.

Sir Martin will not be there apparently - perhaps he has just had to fork out for his season ticket and cannot afford it now!!
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 07:39:06 »

The great thing about our board is the lack or ego. The actions do the talking. They have truly stepped up again this year. Indeed, for my money they have gone above and beyond to get us out of this division.

"Great save, Digby."
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 09:32:49 »

These guys have got to be worth a banner for the last home game?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 09:38:11 »

All of them actually. And I would include Andrew Fitton in that.

From the Dark Side
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 10:30:32 »

All of them actually. And I would include Andrew Fitton in that.

Yes, don't forget Andrew Fitton as he had the drive and foresight to put the consortium together.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: