Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: West Ham  (Read 12193 times)
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 16:34:16 »

west ham will be fucked if they don't up this season aren't in like £80 mill in debt i think i read that on there forum

mushy wrote:
Difference being of course is that Swindon are not £80 million in debt and in vital need of the cash from prem football.
The message from the West Ham board is promotion at all costs, forget the style.

i think if PDC turned down the chance of playing for manure as a player he may turn down west ham. as has been said before he may go so enjoy the ride.

maybe he's also seen whats happend to other managers who've left clubs in league 2 (paul ince for example) for prem clubs and decide to go when he's learnt a bit more.

as for the thought of paul hart i'd rather wear a dress made out of meat and jump into a shark enclosure.
DRS

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 17:13:43 »

2 Things.If West Ham are fucked financially then sacking Allardyce wouldn't be cheap.Secondly and probably more importantly West Hams board are known for sticking with managers no matter how much pressure from the fans
REDBUCK

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 18:18:33 »

Not sure that's still true under the new ownership
DRS

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 18:26:52 »

It's the new ownership i am on about.Look at the managers at Birmingham they hardly sacked anyone.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 18:33:38 »

Big Sam will get at the very least until the end of the season. To be fair I think they will go up. I can't see Reading keeping their form up until the end of the season.
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 18:52:18 »

Am worried.

Paolo is a man ruled by his emotions. It makes him a great motivator, but can also lead to spur of the moment actions (celebrations, getting sent to the stands, etc).

I do not believe that he would ignore the lure of West Ham for a second. His heart would be telling him to go - and he's a man that acts upon his heart not his head.

Flashheart

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 19:14:11 »

Am worried.

Paolo is a man ruled by his emotions. It makes him a great motivator, but can also lead to spur of the moment actions (celebrations, getting sent to the stands, etc).

I do not believe that he would ignore the lure of West Ham for a second. His heart would be telling him to go - and he's a man that acts upon his heart not his head.

Yet his heart could also tell him to stay here. Spur of the moment and all that, after winning a double............
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 19:26:14 »

No one can possibly second guess what Paolo might do if West Ham come calling or any other situation for that matter. Yes of course it would be massively tempting for him to go but I wouldn't take it for granted that he would automatically go. I would certainly be a lot happier if West Ham would start winning 5-0 every week though.

Sadly, such is the lot of the lower league fan. You start doing well and every bastard wants your players and your manager. The important thing is how the club deals with it. I think we're far better set up in that respect than we ever have been before.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 20:54:02 »

Rather than worry about the day Paolo is gone, lets enjoy the ride. The board and the aggressive investment we are seeing give me confidence that we will continue to recruit high calibre managers, coaches and players.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 21:36:55 »

Like a lot of people have said "lets enjoy the moment"

You never know whats around the corner?

ps  heard a rumour that PdC is in Barcelona tonight??? 
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 22:32:19 »

West Ham fans were on Talksport earlier and were all up for getting rid of Allardyce immediately and giving Di Canio a chance before the end of the season.

The day will come when he moves on for sure, but hopefully this won't be until he has finished what he has started here.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 22:47:41 »

Too risky for WHU before the seasons end. They may still go up. Bring in PDC and he will go through the same process as here trying to work out who is up for it. Too much disruption = no chance of promotion.

If they came in over the summer them I guess he'd be off (personal opinion). But surely they'd look for more experience?
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 15:40:43 »

I think PdC has much affection for our club. We gave him the opportunity in management and he is really truly grateful.
Swindon is high on his list of liked clubs, Lazio and West Ham. I think it would be very strange for him to move to West Ham, after only a year in management. The move would undermine his loyalty and passion, which is what has made him so successful for him as manager.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 15:43:01 »

Won't be long until we find out at this rate.

2 down already today 
kerry red

« Reply #44 on: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 15:48:09 »

Unfortunately (for West Ham) they will be royally screwed financially if they fail to get promoted this year so would hardly be that attractive to PdC as he does seem to like a bit of wonga to throw around.

I'll still stand by what I have always thought about PdC - he is an honourable man and will see us in the Championship before he has any thoughts of leaving - if then
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: