Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: West Ham  (Read 12065 times)
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 13:38:22 »

PDC obviously loves West Ham, but would he get as much backing as he has here from the board?

I can't think of any manger that I have known get so much freedom to bring in players and cast off the dead wood! Especially in their first ever season!

Plus, if he did go to WH and bombed it could possibly lose him some of his legend status, would he want to take the risk?

steveg

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 13:39:13 »

Call me daft but I have an inkling that Di Canio is here for the long haul?! He as much said so last night. We might have something special here so lets all embrace it. The only things not in place is the Ground and of course a few more bums on seats Lets face the potential is there? As for West Ham would he not like to have warm memories of the time he had there? He is not assured of roses arond the doorway is he?! He already has cult status here and that legend status is just around the corner?  Just my personal thoughts!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 13:42:01 »

They don't want Big Sam because they don't like his style of football.  They would rather be playing decent football with a mid-table team.

It's always been of a bit bizarre attitude at "The Acadamy"
Spud

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 13:43:44 »

The thing with Allardyce is that if West Ham do go up this season, then you can more or less put money on them struggling early doors in the Premiership and Allardyce getting the boot.

I can't see Sullivan & Gold taking a risk on someone who only has League Two experience of managing to his name.

They can sing Di Canio's name all they want, they'd probably turn on him if they didn't win their first 3 games 7-0.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 13:43:47 »

You've just made a very obvious (but very good) point about the ground redevelopment.  Because we're so late in getting our ground redeveloped - clubs started doing this in a big way around 20 years ago and have been doing so ever since to the extent that a lot of lower league clubs are now playing in new stadia - we still have the 'boost' that can arise from this to come.  If we get our redevelopment right (and the signs are good, particularly in relation to location), it could transform our prospects...just as building the Madejski did for Reading.
Spud

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 13:48:01 »

I went to a West Ham game this season as a bloke I work with is a Hammer. It was possibly the worst display of Football that I've ever seen! (and I've seen some dross down the years of my time supporting Swindon). Allardyce's tactics were pretty much, get the ball, and hoof it up to Carlton Cole.

I spent the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half, down on the concourse necking as much beer as possible to get me through the rest of the game.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 13:54:31 »

Already calling for Di canio says it all.
I'm sure he'd be offered the job if big sam went. Whether he'd take it is another thing. Don't buy into the arguement that he hasn't the experience etc. He has massive self belief. Chuck in a league win-wembley cup final and numerous scalps during his first season as a boss. If it aint West Ham it will be another club chasing him
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 14:03:16 by arriba » Logged
swindont

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 13:57:33 »

Anybody read this? http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137927&start=180

seems as if not all West Ham fans are convinced, but to say the least i am worried.
kerry red

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 13:59:53 »

You only have to look at Lambert and Brendan Rogers to see how young, fairly inexperienced managers have managed to cut the mustard in the PL - and I would certainly put PdC in that bracket.

Never understood why PL Chairmen still employ the likes of McCarthy, Bruce et al when they have proved they can't do the job - how many jobs did Bryan Robson get before he got sussed?

It wont be a matter of West Ham not being willing to take a chance with PdC, it will be PdC's word that he will get the job done at Swindon before he ponders he next move
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 14:11:22 »

For the record I don't think West Hams board would have the guts to approach him at such a point in his management career.

I had a little read about him on the kneesupmotherbrown forum and found this nice little quote from a West Ham fan....

I went to the Oxford game too, Wow, ended up being 2-0 to Oxford but Swindon played some of the best football in the whole football league. What a Character Di Canio was! Always has been and all ways will be a guy with his heart on his sleeve. Defo the most charasmatic manager i have seen.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 14:20:20 »

Whatever happens PDC or not, this club has put in place the foundations of success for the future.
Lets not start to worry too much just yet
corner

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 15:51:27 »

But would he want to go? NO, would he have the same backing at west ham as our board has given him? NO.
He will stay and get us into the chamionship.
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 16:03:32 »

I think weve got PDC for another season at least
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 16:22:09 »

Only PDC can predict what he'll do next.  In fact Im not sure he can predict it himself.  Just enjoy the ride.  It will be over one day, but even if its only one season we may well have a double to look back on. 

There's always Paul Hart for an emergency.

Never knowingly overstated.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 16:25:25 »

I think West Ham will still go up, in which case I can't see them getting rid of Allardyce.

I also think Paolo is quite loyal and would like to reward the trust we have put in him by staying for at least next season.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: