Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Torquay Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35318 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 23:38:47 »

In tonight's programme, question to Paul Caddis- What makes you Angry? His reply - Outrageous quotes from other managers such as " the best footballing team in league two" and " self proclaimed champions" all I can say is watch this space !
 Our captain is learning fast off Paolo.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 23:40:37 »

Enjoyed tonight!

Excellent!

I thought Torquay came at us a bit full on rather than Crewe who hit us in waves.

We stayed patient and I was confident we could get a flow going which  proved to be the case.

Sweet that Connell grabbed a goal but he could of had a hatrick.

How fucking hard was that header that risser put away?

Roll on Wembley.....I'm really excited now!

Clems Army!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 23:44:20 »

I'm sure I saw quite a few people behind the goal in the Town End duck when Rissers header went in, what a screamer !
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 23:45:00 »

Twas me, Shaun Hodgetts wouldn't allow me to call you all a bunch of cunts, something about family show   ....cunt

Did you plug my tees mate?

Clems Army!
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 23:45:17 »

Thought they were a bit premature singing ""top of the league you're having a laugh"" in the first half.

Who is laughing now?

dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 23:46:01 »

Did you plug my tees mate?
I did mention them i think
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 23:52:13 »

Just a quick note to Sir will Suggs please update your twitter page to include matchday thread god.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 00:01:56 »

enjoyed tonight! Pumped for Sunday. Does anyone use the word pumped?
fatbasher

« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 00:07:25 »

Fair assessment I think from Torquay

http://torquayfansforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=matchday&action=display&thread=9320&page=3

And at least they haven't said it was an off day, and they're the best team in the league etc

I think that considering the £17 each I forked out for the two adult tickets and I think £8 for my 7 y/o to go to their dump on boxing day they fucking well have the Ritz. At least you could see all the pitch without ducking and diving around the person in front and got a seat as well!

Cheeky bastards.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 00:08:56 by fatbasher » Logged
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 00:20:44 »

- Thought Connell was MOM tonight. Some top link-up play and another important goal.
- Rooney has had some very good cameos for us and has plenty of potential, but based on Saturday and tonight, Holmes has a bit of extra class. Seems to always be able to create half a yard to get a cross in.
- Both better balance at the back with the re-shuffle. McCormack gives us leadership and mobility at centre half.
- Anyone else think Risser notably grew in confidence after scoring?
- Ritchie is not as effective without Caddis. However, he did not deserve any of the moaning that I was hearing about him around me in the Town End. Considering his assists and goals this season, definitely one of the most unloved star performers that I can remember.
- PDC's post match celebrations are now a team highlight of any victory. Loved the Town End's build up to them tonight!
- I think Jonathan Smith is such an important player for us. Very mobile and can stop opposing midfields from settling. Thought he did a good job tonight.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 07:19:50 »

How did Connell managed to be credited with that goal.

The ball goes no where near him!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 07:25:39 »

Forgot to compliment our MacPhlea on the excellent tackle on Rooney in the second half. Technically it was the soggy bit of the pitch by the sprinkler, but I hold him responsible Smiley

By sticking his hands in the air the quickest!

Risser looked the closest town player to me.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 08:14:27 »

I thought, in terms of playing football, Torquay looked the best I have seen here in the 1st half.  They kept the ball down, and their right flank looked as good as ours for much of the time, and, although they didn't get the shots in they should have done, it was definitely 'heart-in-the-mouth' time each time they made their way into striking positions.  Once we increased the pressure towards the end of the 1st half, and for most of the 2nd half they were forced into hoofball; but even then, tye did look dangerous on the break.  In my book they would well deserve an automatic promotion place.

But it was the best I have seen Town play.  There are always errors in any game, but I thought they were few and far between last night - whatever Torqual got they got through their own hard work rather than from many mistakes on our part.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 09:19:40 »

Cheers mate, certainly looking good for us now. All the best for the rest of the season!
He is indeed, very polite and does actually love it at Swindon.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 09:34:35 »

Indeed, if anyone could claim it then it was surely Risser, but I am pleased if it gived Connell some confidence then so be it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: