Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Torquay Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36240 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 12:43:59 »

gonna be tough tonight. Hate covering big games because I sometimes forget where I am! I've taken to standing up while I'm doing it because I'm too nervous to sit down. I almost pulled the mic out of the socket when we scored the second goal away at crawley.
Good luck to you mate, I hope you have a great game to commentate on.

I was fingered (for want of a better word!) if I would like to be co-commentator at a Swindon game for the BBC and had to politely refuse due to the fact that I may not be able to keep my bad language inside my head.

I won't be doing it any time soon, I am impressed that you can Juddy and I mildly envy you for being able to, its a trait I aspire to!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 12:45:23 »

Has 0-0 written all over it.
Thats because you are looking at the fixtures and it hasnt kicked off yet! Cheesy

PS nice to see you posting again Tails, seems ages since you were here last.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 12:51:53 »

Ha, thanks chaps.

I don't think I could do Wembley. I'd literally be screaming/crying. Millwall would have been impossible.

I do enjoy it. It's tough, totally depends what mood you're in. Also depends on the game. This year has been fun because regardless of what happens you can count on Paolo's touchline antics or results elsewhere to talk about. Doing boring games when there's nothing to play for is really hard, which has been the case in the past. You're conscious of trying to sound positive but you can't always polish a turd. Just shows how good Vic/Shaun and Chris really are. They're all consistent. I find it's a lot easier when we're winning...

It's funny though, if you were to look in the commentary box when a goal is scored there's usually a fan next to Chris celebrating. Chris loves it too, loves a cheeky little clench of the fist when Swindon score.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 12:55:52 »

i'd recommend it JJ. You behave because you have to!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 13:01:56 »

Somewhere in my head is remembering the last 20 years of supporting STFC and is whispering "the wheels have fallen off, 0-2 to Torquay..."

I hope not.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 13:09:59 »

This is a big game for a a number of reasons,yeah its for 3 points the same as any other league game but this one is a bit different.
We sit top of the league with Torquay in good form and wanting to topple us.
We lost at the weekend and have a game at Wembley this weekend. Another loss could be a big negative to take us into the weekend. It would mean 2 defeats on the trot and the lads could take that poor form and nerves on the day and not perform at Wembley. A win would get us back on track and push us on into sunday.

Think it will be a 1-1 draw personally which would be an ok result as long as the performance is a good one.
Loss-draw-win i'd take that thank you  Wink
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 13:12:10 »

I agree Arriba. Tonight's game is key because of what lies ahead. A win puts that cushion between the two sides and will give the lads confidence at the weekend. A draw with a good performance would also be ok. Worst-case scenario is a defeat tonight, defeat Sunday and then we're nervous for Rovers.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 13:12:44 »

Absolute must win game.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 13:36:10 »

Absolute must win game.

No it's not.

It's All Good..............
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 13:37:47 »

I don't think it's a must win game but it's certainlty a must not lose one.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 13:55:41 »

I don't think it's a must win game but it's certainlty a must not lose one.

Only because of perception trumping  reality.

Lose tonight and the reality is we are a point clear with a game in hand and at least 5 points clear of 4th.

Lose tonight and the perception is we are on a wobble, the confidence of going into the JPT on a winning run is gone and the next match is Rovers.

Fact is, March is an incredibly tough month. One we had to take on largely without our captain.

Not saying April will be easy mind.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 14:17:27 »

I've never heard Juddie on the radio before, is he Alan Green esq?  Grin
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 14:23:31 »

Lose tonight and the perception is we are on a wobble, the confidence of going into the JPT on a winning run is gone and the next match is Rovers.

That Rovers game is looking a lot tougher than it did a couple of months ago.
Coca Fola

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 14:23:38 »

We'll lose.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 14:27:39 »

I've never heard Juddie on the radio before, is he Alan Green esq?  Grin

Alan Green is a bellend of the highest order!

so, you're spot on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: