Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fabrice muamba  (Read 24699 times)
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 21:18:57 »

He wont serve the full term, i expect he will be out in 28 days

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 21:29:44 »

He wont serve the full term, i expect he will be out in 28 days
If he behaves himself, if he acts up he will get his comeuppance and probably do the full 56 days.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 02:08:12 »

He's also got a face a disciplinary at his uni.

That could fuck him up way more than the jail term.

nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 07:12:21 »

He's also got a face a disciplinary at his uni.

That could fuck him up way more than the jail term.

I guess he could miss, what, 2 or 3 lectures in that time ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 07:30:34 »

High profile case results in the courts making an example out of him. How ridiculously cringeworthy it must be to seriously dent your future prospects by being jailed for comments made on a social network website.

Let this be a lesson to all the people out there who consider themselves to be a bit of a 'lads lad' and think they are immune of this sort of stuff.
DMR

« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 07:49:12 »

2 months in prison for a throwaway line or 2 on twitter is a joke. He clearly didn't REALLY mean it, like most jokes/bile/ranting on the net.

I'd be doing life by these rules!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 14:01:52 »

I guess he could miss, what, 2 or 3 lectures in that time ?
Nah - he's doing Biology that's a few labs thrown in as well
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 18:10:33 »

2 months in prison for a throwaway line or 2 on twitter is a joke. He clearly didn't REALLY mean it, like most jokes/bile/ranting on the net.

I'd be doing life by these rules!

Would that be a bad thing  Wink
Spencer_White

« Reply #188 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 19:14:00 »

Is it fair that they absolutely hammer a few people to deter others? You know who is going to get hammered because its all over the media before they are sentenced. Its a show.

Is that justice?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, March 29, 2012, 19:28:02 »

Is it fair that they absolutely hammer a few people to deter others?

Exactly, I know the situation is different but remember that Tony Adams once got a prison sentence for drink driving, whereas most people will lose their licence & get a hefty fine.

He was made an example of because it was high profile, and his case was just before Christmas when the old bill have a crack down.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 15:13:51 »

On a related note, this popped up on the Beeb, not seen it elsewhere

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-18070031

Swindon Town Football Club will test all their players for heart defects before the start of next season.

There have been calls for all sportspeople to be screened after the collapse of Bolton Wanderers' Fabrice Muamba on the pitch earlier this year.

Swindon captain Paul Caddis said players at all levels of the game should consider being tested.

He said: "If your body's going to go through a lot of hard work and fatigue then why not?"

Muamba, 24, suffered a cardiac arrest during a game against Tottenham Hotspur on 17 March. He was in hospital for a month before being discharged.

"It's a shame something like this ticks it all off. Maybe it's time for us to act, really, doing these kind of tests," Caddis said.

"It could happen to anybody, it doesn't matter if professional footballers work a lot harder than semi-pros. Fabrice Muamba was only playing the first 25 minutes of a high intensity game.

"If he'd got a check-up then they might have been able to point to what exactly was wrong with him.

"I think everybody should do it, whether you're a footballer or tennis player."

Alison Cox, who founded the charity Cardiac Risk in the Young, said that following the collapse of Muamba its screening programme had received a year's worth of bookings in one month.

She said: "That gives an idea of the impact of what happened to Fabrice and how, in that one massive incident that has such wide public attention, it's raised the awareness beyond anything.

"A number of different conditions all come under the same umbrella, but if they're not diagnosed they can cause sudden death."
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 20:22:44 »

Has retired from professional football.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: