Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fabrice muamba  (Read 24600 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 22:25:16 »

Think he is studying and hoping long term to become a Doctor Lee. Apparently one of the brighter footballers out there.
Sorry Leefer, I heard Muambas sister say that he wants to become a doctor, he is like you say studying to be an Accountant and dreams of one day holding a doctorate and being referred to as "Doctor Muamba"
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 05:51:42 »

To be honest, even if he can't play football again, he'll get a massive pay off through insurance and possibly from Bolton too. Can't see him struggling for cash.
sw63

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 12:24:51 »

Sorry Leefer, I heard Muambas sister say that he wants to become a doctor, he is like you say studying to be an Accountant and dreams of one day holding a doctorate and being referred to as "Doctor Muamba"

Sounds like a Bond villian to me.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 12:44:39 »

What I found a little distasteful was what appeared to be the huge number of tweets flying around immediately after it happened linking the quality of the quick medical care he received and the impending NHS reforms.

Just seemed a lot wanted to link this to a political issue too sooon and in dreadful taste.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 09:13:22 »

Following on from the debate about racism on twitter, and whether it should be followed up by the Police, the student who abused Stan Collymore has been sentenced:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-17462619

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 09:36:51 »

What did people make of the minutes applause held for Muamba at some premier league games?

Whilst I am in support of people showing their support in some way, I just found it a little odd as in the past this has been done for people who have passed away.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 11:22:38 »

Exactly what I said, he ain't even dead yet.  But it was well intentioned so no biggie.

Reading some of the medical sound bites how they hell is he (thankfully) still with us. No muscle activity in heart for 78 minutes, defibrillator 15 times, etc etc. 
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Friday, March 23, 2012, 11:51:55 »

Exactly what I said, he ain't even dead yet.  But it was well intentioned so no biggie.

Reading some of the medical sound bites how they hell is he (thankfully) still with us. No muscle activity in heart for 78 minutes, defibrillator 15 times, etc etc. 

A 1 in a million chance and he took it. It's incredible.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 15:31:07 »

Delighted he is making a recovery.

At the risk of being shouted at (& I don't mean it in a disrespectful manner) but it seems more fuss has been placed around this than when player or ex-player has actually passed away

I come from a land down-under
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 15:36:12 »

Delighted he is making a recovery.

At the risk of being shouted at (& I don't mean it in a disrespectful manner) but it seems more fuss has been placed around this than when player or ex-player has actually passed away

A player hasn't passed away in a while (I think. Cue for everyone to shout abuse at me). And ex-players have usually been those that lived a long happy life after retirement. (Another cue for everyone to shout abuse at me at how wrong I am). This with Fabrice is completely different, and really does place everything into perspective. He's only 23, and his life was hanging by a thread. The community was in shock, but in unity. I'd say the amount of 'fuss' was appropriate for such an incident.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #160 on: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 15:52:21 »

You would be shocked at the amount of professional footballers who have died while playing, I know i was. probably well over 50 and and there have been over 10 in the last 5 years.

The most famous recently that has passed during a game is probably Marc Vivien Foe in 2003.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_playing

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 15:56:12 »

Find it quite disturbing how there's a specific wikipedia page on that title..

Dozno9

« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 13:02:35 »

Liam Stacey hs been jailed for 56 days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17515992
Coca Fola

« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 13:24:43 »

Find it quite disturbing how there's a specific wikipedia page on that title..
Why? Wikipedia has a page on pretty much anything.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 13:36:04 »

Liam Stacey hs been jailed for 56 days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17515992

had it been racist abuse to an 'ordinary' fellow fuck all would have happen

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: