Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fabrice muamba  (Read 24710 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 18:33:32 »

Would a person who went so long with out getting oxygen to the brain more than likely suffer some sort of brain damage?

I thought this, but they got Oxygen to him fairly quickly, he just hasn't been able to breathe unaided. It's no exaggeration to say that a fast response appears to have saved his life.
Coca Fola

« Reply #136 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 18:40:51 »

If he makes a full recovery I'm guessing he'll be advised to not play football again?
Dozno9

« Reply #137 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 19:55:18 »

I think I and others find it a bit daft that some throwaway comments, albeit deeply offensive ones, on a social networking site are treated as a criminal offence at all.

But that's it, they're not just throwaway comments, the words and phrases he used can carry a custodial sentence. Some people may see this as daft but the law is what it is and I see no reason why it shouldn't be used against this prick, he's broken the law and has to suffer the consequences.

He's not the first or last peron to be convicted of racial abuse and these people need to be prosecuted to change the attitude of others. They need to see that this language and attitude is totally unacceptable and just giving people a bollocking behind closed doors isn't enough.

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 20:22:00 »

Hope he pulls through.
When I read of heart problems it always tugs on the heart strings (pardon the pun) - My nan died at 45 (15 years or so before I was born) due to a heart attack

I come from a land down-under
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 20:23:52 »

If he makes a full recovery I'm guessing he'll be advised to not play football again?

Read this earlier, was quite interesting (as has this whole thread been, I feel better educated about heart attacks et al). Providing he recovers fully I can't see Muamba playing again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17423393

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 20:28:25 »

Hope he pulls through.
When I read of heart problems it always tugs on the heart strings (pardon the pun) - My nan died at 45 (15 years or so before I was born) due to a heart attack
Sorry to hear that, 45 is no age to pass away regardless of the cause. Hopefully in the coming years more people will benifit from things like the community defibrillators mentioned earlier in the thread.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 20:31:59 »

You could quite easily justify the argument that the dithering old cunt who isn't paying their council tax is causing more tangible damage than one bloke spouting off on Twitter...

Wrong,we seen what good(said ironically) the networking sites can due during the riots......anyone being racist to me are far more in need of a clip round the ear than someone not paying there poll tax.
Fact is its twats like this who are making Britain the country it is today ...and i think its fair to say there aint a lot of Great in front of Britain these days.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 20:35:13 »

The BBC are saying Fabrice is now breathing independently and recognises family and friends, let's hope he continues to show signs of improvement.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 20:37:26 »

well we give a home for political refugees from all over the world and I think that's pretty great
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 20:41:03 »

well we give a home for political refugees from all over the world and I think that's pretty great

Yeah....great for them maybe.

And i can sincerly say that more political refugees are turned away than let in......how many Syrians you talked to lately?....been a bit political out there lately.
Flashheart

« Reply #145 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 20:45:17 »

Did Sol Davis not have a stroke yet carry on playing?

A bit different from a heart attack I know, but perhaps we shouldn't take such things at face value!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 20:47:57 »

The good thing with Fabrice is that he carried on with his education and i believe he was in his final year of studying for accountancy or something similar....so his hard work and dedication off the pitch could turn up trumps for him when/if he recovers but cannot play football.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 20:58:13 »

The good thing with Fabrice is that he carried on with his education and i believe he was in his final year of studying for accountancy or something similar....so his hard work and dedication off the pitch could turn up trumps for him when/if he recovers but cannot play football.
Think he is studying and hoping long term to become a Doctor Lee. Apparently one of the brighter footballers out there.
Dozno9

« Reply #148 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 21:21:59 »

He would be a millionaire with an education so if football ends I think he will be ok.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 21:30:40 »

Think he is studying and hoping long term to become a Doctor Lee. Apparently one of the brighter footballers out there.

How ironic.

Lets hope the rumours are true and he is progesing well.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: