Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fabrice muamba  (Read 24754 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 13:20:19 »

God forbid it happening to any other player but as everyone has rightly been praising the emergency services I have been wondering if clubs lower down (like us) would or could act so promptly?

Hope so.

Interesting post.

Was it last year at the CG where an ambulance was called after an Franchise player (Lewington I think) was concussed following a clash of heads?

I seem to recall it taking forever as there was not an ambulance on stand by at the ground?  Which did at the time strike me as being a bit odd.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 13:21:31 »

http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/03/dear-scum-an-open-letter-to-the-sun/

The scum showing its true colours once again

Never knowingly overstated.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 13:35:15 »

Thought it was a legal requirement, Can't ever remember when the Ambulance is not parked around the corner between the Arkells and The Town End on a match day. Remember when Lewington went down, it was in front of us and looked nasty at the time. Think he missed a couple of games because of the head blow.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 19, 2012, 13:38:34 by Notts red » Logged
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 13:40:21 »

I can't remember if it was following the Hilsborough or the Bradford Disaster, but there was a nationwide review and it was was decided that we didn't need to have an ambulance on stand-by at the ground as the ambulance station was so close whereas this is not the case for the vast majority of clubs.

It was Lewington who was taken to the GWH following a clash of heads, and it did seem to take a while for the ambulance to arrive, BUT we don't know how long it took for somebody to call the ambulance.  I would expect their physio was looking at him for quite a while first, and you would expect an ambulance to arrive sooner for a stopped heart than it would for someone with concussion.  Also, when something like Lewington (or heaven forbid) Muamba happens, time does SEEM to slow down because of the nature of the event whereas in reality it may not actually take that long.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 15:31:15 »

Showing small signs of improvement now, moving his arms and legs apparently.

Great news.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 16:25:12 »

He's playing the 'I didn't have my phone'

Before that though he tried to say it was all just a joke.

Little twat

He's admitted that it was him and is potentially facing a spell at Her Majesty's pleasure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17434587
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #111 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 16:39:36 »

I can't remember if it was following the Hilsborough or the Bradford Disaster, but there was a nationwide review and it was was decided that we didn't need to have an ambulance on stand-by at the ground as the ambulance station was so close whereas this is not the case for the vast majority of clubs.

It was Lewington who was taken to the GWH following a clash of heads, and it did seem to take a while for the ambulance to arrive, BUT we don't know how long it took for somebody to call the ambulance.  I would expect their physio was looking at him for quite a while first, and you would expect an ambulance to arrive sooner for a stopped heart than it would for someone with concussion.  Also, when something like Lewington (or heaven forbid) Muamba happens, time does SEEM to slow down because of the nature of the event whereas in reality it may not actually take that long.
It was after Petr Cech's injury at Reading that it was reccommended ambulanes be in attendance at games -not sure if its just prem though. 
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #112 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 16:47:23 »

He's admitted that it was him and is potentially facing a spell at Her Majesty's pleasure.

"I'm not racist and some of my friends are from different cultural backgrounds."

That's alright then, as long as some of your mates are from different cultural backgrounds, we'll let you off then. Fool.  Doh
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 16:54:27 »

Utterly ridiculous (not you Samdy). The bloke's clearly an utter gobshite and deserves to be exposed, vilified and publicly humiliated. But does this really merit taking up the police's and courts' time? Really?
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 16:57:39 »

couldn't we put the cunt in the stocks in a middle of a town centre outside the reebok stadium and let the bolton fans pelt him with rotten eggs
DMR

« Reply #115 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 16:57:55 »

Fuck me, I've exchanged joke texts worse than that, OK a text is private, and again I expect to get abused for such an opinion but I do think sending the bloke to prison over some comments on Twitter is a bit much.

It's just words and all that jazz.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 17:00:27 »

I must be wrong, I find myself being agreed with by and in complete agreement with DMR Smiley
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 17:02:04 »

Utterly ridiculous (not you Samdy). The bloke's clearly an utter gobshite and deserves to be exposed, vilified and publicly humiliated. But does this really merit taking up the police's and courts' time? Really?

Welcome back Pauld, and well said

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
DMR

« Reply #118 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 17:02:24 »

Good gravy.

You're back then Mr D. Just in time for Wembley, plastic lefty cunt!
Dozno9

« Reply #119 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 17:02:48 »

Yes. I pay my taxes so shit like this get locked up and as he's admitted the offence so minimal time will be taken up by the courts.

But I'm sure if he's not in court taking up the time I'm sure there's a OAP who hasnt paid their council tax who could be dealt with instead.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: