Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: F1 2012  (Read 21410 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 19:26:45 »

I see Vettel has been put to the back of the grid for tomorrow. Really spices up the championship battle a treat!

Still expect him to score a few points but Alonso should still finish ahead of him, meaning the last 2 races should be very interesting.

A surprise...the old "not enough fuel" trick that Hamilton got done for in Barcelona with the same punishment. Eddie Jordan was adamant on the BBC coverage that it wasn't a fuel issue - oops

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 19:39:37 »

Ridiculous that they could be stupid enough to do this, the title was there's to loose.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 19:57:32 »

Ridiculous that they could be stupid enough to do this, the title was there's to loose.

Absolutely, all they have do is score decent points, pole is not necessary. Obviously margins are very tight in F1 but they just have to bring Vetall in on race day close to Alonso' position, not necessarily to be ahead, but close enough to win both driver & constructor championships. What a fuck up on their behalf.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 20:00:28 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 22:30:16 »

Fair play to Vettel today, starting in the pit lane and finishing on the podium is hugely impressive.

Agree that it was a big fuck up on the team's part, a driver who performs like that despite the best efforts of whoever calculates his fuel deserves a lot of credit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 07:23:38 »

Good drive from Vettel, but he also got quite lucky too what with the double safety car, the Webber crash and getting away with nearly rear ending Ricciardo
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 08:49:36 »

Yeah he drove past everyone really well as they pitted.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #66 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 09:11:02 »

I nearly lumped on him getting a podium! Anyone know what the odds were?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 09:21:10 »

If there were no safety cars then Vettel was getting nowhere near the top ten. A shame, because I can't stand his smug face. I don't get EJ creaming all over him saying that he's now proved he's a racer and doesn't only win from the front. Apart from the pass on Button, the rest were all easy passes because of his longer top gear.

Anyway, good to see Kimi winning again. Loved hearing him basically telling his race engineer to fuck off and leave him alone over the radio.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 09:32:42 »

I don't get EJ creaming all over him saying that he's now proved he's a racer and doesn't only win from the front.

EJ doesn’t come across as knowledgeable as he should considering his background.

Plus he is a cock
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 09:50:48 »

I enjoyed the expletive-filled podium interview...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 14:12:57 »

Anyway, good to see Kimi winning again. Loved hearing him basically telling his race engineer to fuck off and leave him alone over the radio.

That was brilliant. I love Kimi, so great to see him win again.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 20:02:26 »

Well, not a bad way to end the season.

Vettel had everything thrown at him today, felt for Alonso who I thought was brilliant this year, that car had no right to be anywhere near the championship battle.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 20:46:13 »

Great race to end on. Shame Vettel won again but he produced a good drive under pressure. Bit of a shame for Hamilton to go out in such a way in his final race for McLaren. That summed his season up to be honest. Can't see why he's going to Mercedes next season. The more I think about it the more stupid the move seems.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 21:14:47 »

Can't see why he's going to Mercedes next season. The more I think about it the more stupid the move seems.

I thought this today a lot too.

The guy he's replacing (Shumi) started 14th today, Hamilton was on pole.

It makes no sense to me, but I guess when the new engines come in it may well prove to be an inspired move.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 21:22:40 »

I thought this today a lot too.

The guy he's replacing (Shumi) started 14th today, Hamilton was on pole.

It makes no sense to me, but I guess when the new engines come in it may well prove to be an inspired move.

Still got another year to wait for that though. So I hope he is prepared for another frustrating season next year. Having said that it'll be interesting to see how he fares compared to Schumacher and Rosberg in that car. I don't Schumi had his magic when he returned.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: