Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: F1 2012  (Read 21649 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, May 13, 2012, 21:07:46 »

Think you mean maldonado reeves

I do indeed. It's late. Ish.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, May 13, 2012, 21:17:07 »

Yeah yeah Wink
woolster

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 07:25:37 »

Eek
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 07:55:10 »

After that race, Seranovich was called to see the Clark of the Course. He ended up flipping him off, I don't imagine he'll be back for a while...

Coca Fola

« Reply #49 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 22:31:09 »

Another fantastic race tonight. Good to see Perez on the podium again, he really is something special.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 22:56:35 »

Yeah I tried to avoid the result as I've got it recorded for when I get home but I was stupid enough to go on Twitter. Still, sounds like it was a good race. Montreal usually is.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 07:09:01 »

So, Hamilton to Mercedes in 2013. I think it is the right move for him. He might suffer next year but in 2014 the new engines will come in and Mercedes will definitely be the team to be at then.

And Sergio Perez to replace him at McLaren, that could be a great a combination, I think Perez is a very quick driver and now he will have a consistently quick car.
Dozno9

« Reply #52 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 07:16:32 »

He's been there years and really had to move to stand a chance to have a realistic pop at the Championship.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 07:54:09 »

what? McLaren are perennial front runners, despite the odd fuck up their drivers are generally there or there abouts. Although next year they're gonna be a Mercedes engine customer rather than a partner, they're still gonna be good! this deal is just all about money, I think...

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 08:21:32 »

Perez at McClaren is an exciting prospect, love his driving style.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 08:27:28 »

what? McLaren are perennial front runners, despite the odd fuck up their drivers are generally there or there abouts. Although next year they're gonna be a Mercedes engine customer rather than a partner, they're still gonna be good! this deal is just all about money, I think...

Agreed. I think Hamilton is a bit of a petulent child with the charisma of plankton. Great driver but for some reason just don't like him.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 08:37:20 »

To me it's more than about money. Ultimately the 2 deals on the table were largely the same, albeit Mercedes offered Lewis more flexibility in personal endorsements. For all the talk about McClaren having a quick car the statistics are brutal - they haven't won the Championship since 1997, and only had one driver winner (Lewis) since 1999.

Lewis has looked an increasingly frustrated and forlorn figure with McClaren over the last few seasons and they have developed a habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The impression is something is fundamentally not quite right particularly when Whitmarsh took over.

I think Langers has it right, Lewis (after a year of settling in) has his eye on Brawn pulling something out the hat when the new engines come in (like he did when he delivered Button's Championship). It's a gamble, and a rather bold one, but it may just payoff.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 08:47:30 »

I think Langers has it right, Lewis (after a year of settling in) has his eye on Brawn pulling something out the hat when the new engines come in (like he did when he delivered Button's Championship). It's a gamble, and a rather bold one, but it may just payoff.

Who knows, the dominance of Ferrari from a few years ago could be just around the corner again...

schumacher to Sauber now?  Crying
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 10:06:38 »

The problem he would have at mclaren in 2014 is that it would be a customer team, so all the updates are going to go to the works team (Mercedes) first. For 2014 and probably the next few years after, the sport will be dominated by the works teams (Mercedes, Ferrari etc)

Another factor is the fact that Mercedes will give him more commercial freedom, which is what his management team want. It allows them to build brand 'hamilton'.

I'm sure money had something to do with it as well.  Smiley
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 19:19:59 »

I see Vettel has been put to the back of the grid for tomorrow. Really spices up the championship battle a treat!

Still expect him to score a few points but Alonso should still finish ahead of him, meaning the last 2 races should be very interesting.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: