Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32573 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:27:49 »

PDC "at this moment I am the worst manager in the world"

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:28:02 »

PDC:
- Took long time to get going
- Dont want to talk about last 25 mins when hit cross bar twice and had chances
- Team at top of league should have started better than that rather than just looking good when there was nothing to play for
- Now up to PDC to motivate the players
- Needs to be careful as he doesnt want to lose what they have built this season
- Singled out Benson as being the only one who seemed committed
- Thought Kennedy didnt seize his chance
- Has to be less kind and more straight
- Today we deserved to lose
- Going to give them a roasting
- Tehoue not a natural goalscorer but is a physical presence
- Maybe shouldnt have made 3 changes for today
- Talked about arrogant players that he has to change their attitude
- Knew that Crewe play good football. Should have been prepared for them starting quickly
- 'Straight away we were crap'
- Players didn't listen to what they were told
- Caddis is crucial. He was going to play Thompson but he was injured. Had been thinking about Connell coming in too...(but I couldnt work out what he said next)
- Will decide whether to bring in other loanees in the week
- If we carry on like this we will not end up in the top 3
- Looked like we were at the beginning of the season. PDC has to work out why
- Will watch game back tonight, which is important when you play 'crap like this'. Main players played absolutely rubbish!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #317 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:29:00 »

eh?? Anything happen between him and fans/PDC?
Not sure but apparently there was booing again from Town fans at the final whistle.....madness.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:31:31 »

PDC:

-  Had been thinking about Connell coming in too...(but I couldnt work out what he said next)

I think he said Connell and corrected himself to McCormack. He was talking about bringing him back into the middle as he isn't a right back.

Not sure but apparently there was booing again from Town fans at the final whistle.....madness.

Very disappointing.

Have we as a fan base become so arrogant that we think we just need to turn up and we will win. Crewe are a decent team and we were on their patch. Always going to be difficult.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:34:44 »

PDC:
- - Tehoue not a natural goalscorer but is a physical presence

Have I missed something?  Wasn't the purpose of bringing in another striker to supposedly ease the burden on Benson and score some goals?  Or maybe PDC has now realised that Tehoue is not going to do that hence the comment?  

It truly does feel like another Pericard.

I wish Shaun Hodgetts had asked PDC why Connell didn't feature.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:36:31 »

Why do we have Tehoue?

I havent read back through all of this thread but ...... Connell?Huh???

I agree with people who says Connell misses a lot of chances .... But he is a much better option than Tehoue or Murray!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:40:24 »

Disappointed to have listened to that....

It was tough and it seemed we didnt get going at all.

Crewe sat back a bit and then we pissed all over them but it was all too little too late.

Fuck the day out in Wembley....lets get promotion thats priority.

I reckon PC will tear them a new arse and they will be fired up for Torquay...

Fingers crossed....

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #322 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:43:38 »

If Ritchie did indeed throw a bit of a strop then its time to play Rooney wide right and holmes wide left, maybe that will give Ritchie the kick up the bum he needs to kick start his season a bit.

The last few games he has not been himself by the sound of it, and yes he does miss Caddis behind him but he hasn't really been playing that well for several games before Caddis got injured.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #323 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:43:44 »

Don't understand this at all
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:44:54 »

Why would anyone boo? Every team loses a game every now and again. It wont help matters.

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:48:04 »

Does Connell miss alot of chances? I must be watching something different as he doesn't squander chances more than other forwards at the club imo.
I agree with joteddyreds post above and was going to say something similar.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:48:11 »

Why would anyone boo? Every team loses a game every now and again. It wont help matters.

because they're cunts, this is the 2nd loss of 2012, we're still top, it could be worse we be pompey fans
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:52:44 »

No one should panic.  Oxford served as a kick up the arse, and so should this.  PDC should (and, no doubt, will) be telling the players this evening that the Torquay game is now an audition for Wembley.  No one should take their place in the starting line up for granted.

As for Connell, I would have to echo the comments by joteddyred & others.  It's not often I'll gripe at a decision of PDC's because, on the whole, he seems to get it right.  But Connell's lack of subs appearances baffles me.  He has shown his worth as an impact sub time & again...so why not today when we really needed it?  I don't want to be too down on Téhoué because he's hardly had enough chances to settle in just yet - and he could come good in time.  But Connell already has come good.
Flashheart

« Reply #328 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:55:11 »

Does Connell miss alot of chances? I must be watching something different as he doesn't squander chances more than other forwards at the club imo.

Yes, he does

Can't remember the specifics and I haven't been keeping notes on it, but I do remember him missing enough that it prompted the commentary team to have a discussion about it. They were wondering if it was perhaps down to confidence. The last game he played in (I think) he missed a sitter and was subbed shortly after. He really does miss a lot of chances.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 17:59:40 »

I agree with joteddyreds post above and was going to say something similar.

Away at Wimbledon he scored one but should have had at least 3 (his words after the game)

Apart from that game, no. He is no more wasteful than our other strikers.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: