Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FM2012/Steam and multiple use  (Read 1517 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 16, 2012, 09:13:54 »

My oldest son is getting into FM2012 and has set up his own Steam account, so we can both play at the same time.

However, when he tries to link FM2012 he gets a message saying the authentication code has already been used. Seems a bit tight that a game you have legitimately purchased is restricted in this way.

Anyone know if there is a way round this? I guess he could play on my Steam account while I play offline?

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 16, 2012, 09:15:16 »

My oldest son is getting into FM2012 and has set up his own Steam account, so we can both play at the same time.

However, when he tries to link FM2012 he gets a message saying the authentication code has already been used. Seems a bit tight that a game you have legitimately purchased is restricted in this way.

Anyone know if there is a way round this? I guess he could play on my Steam account while I play offline?

You can gift it to him from your steam for £4.99, but if you don't fancy paying a fiver again for the game I guess the only way is the online/offline jobby.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 16, 2012, 12:19:54 »

The way I managed the use it, was just use the same account for Football Manager, you can deactive the Steam Guard if it says you can't login on a different computer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: