Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do We Need Another Parkin, Mooney or Cox to Ensure Promotion Next Year?  (Read 6157 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 13:17:49 »

We got one.Paul Benson. Close the thread

we've got 2, but Connell will never get a fair chance here it seems.
DRS

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 13:29:52 »

Connell imo is no where near in the same bracket as Benson as far as goal scoring goes.

I like Conell and want him to do well but for he misses too may sitters and isn't your typical poacher,his goals last season shows he is better as a 2nd striker and personally i don't think he is good enough to play as the main striker 
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 13:39:06 »

Connell imo is no where near in the same bracket as Benson as far as goal scoring goes.

I like Conell and want him to do well but for he misses too may sitters and isn't your typical poacher,his goals last season shows he is better as a 2nd striker and personally i don't think he is good enough to play as the main striker 

I've been here before mate.

Connell pops up with some important goals which seems to paper over the cracks and make people forget his sometimes average performances and missed sitters.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 13:46:18 »

I think he's better than you two credit him with. That said the boss doesn't play him much so i don't think he rates him, and with us flying i don't care really. i expect him to be moved on in the summer and decent money spent on another forward to partner benson.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 13:50:17 »

I have to admit I don't rate Connell that highly myself. Yes he scores some good goals but the amount of clear(ish) cut chances he misses is pretty high compaired to what he converts and he doesn't contribute as much as he could do.

He isn't a bad player but I don't think he deserves to be playing every game, unlike Benson who is our best striker by a country mile.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DRS

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 14:27:34 »

I rate him arriba just don't think he has played the role suited to him
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 14:35:13 »

Good league 2 striker who probably has deserved a few more starts than he has had.

He won’t be of much use next season though assuming we are looking towards the higher end of league 1 as our target.
Barry Scott

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 14:39:57 »

I like Connell and often think he deserves more time. However, I've yet to find fault in anything Paolo has done and if Paolo doesn't play him, he obviously has good reasons (and knows Connell far better than we ever will) and that's good enough for me.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 14:41:23 »

Not trying to be argumentative, but I can't immediately remember any glaring sitters Connel has missed this season.

Feel free to enlighten me

Things get better but they never get good
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 14:41:59 »

I dunno, I'm with Arriba on this one. I rate Connell highly myself. But it's unfair to compare Connell and Benson in terms of the way in which they play.
Benson is all about his positioning, composure, anticipation etc etc, which is ideal for when balls are played into the box, whereas Connell is more about his work ethic and linking up outside of the box, so you're bound to get different results.

Benson is by no means lazy, just to clarify! But Connell chases down everything. His work ethic is very good, and is probably the reason he looks fucked after 20 minutes!

That said, I've no qualms with a tired Benson being hauled off for an eager Alan Connell. Connell will be an asset in League One, especially coming off the bench.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 14:44:17 »

Benson up top with Holmes, Ritchie and Rooney playing as a three behind him does sound fucking good, mind!

Barry Scott

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 14:47:28 »

Benson up top with Holmes, Ritchie and Rooney playing as a three behind him does sound fucking good, mind!

Can you imagine a manager's reaction when he's prepared for the game by picking 2 men to mark Richie only to discover Richie's in the hole and we have Homlés and Rooney on the wings? I like the idea of that amount of creativity buzzing around and trying to be marked out of the game.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 14:55:06 »

Yep, indeed Barry! Likin' the idea very much. With Ferry and Smith cleaning up behind these four. Jobs a gooden! But we shall see I guess. I like how we've kept it fairly simple this season. It's worked wonders. But then I guess the higher up you go, the more a 'plan B' is required.

Exciting stuff nevertheless

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 15:07:06 »

I do like the sound of Rooney sat behind Benson with Holmes on the left and Ritchie on the right, or Ritchie behind Benson with Rooney on the right.

It is a variation away from the 4-4-2 that Paolo likes to play though, would he be willing to change the formation this late in the season when it has been doing so well for us until now?

Are Rooney/Ritchie capable of playing in that role? yes they have the ability thats not in doubt but do they have the right footballing brain to be able to adapt to the new role.

Of them all I feel Ritchie would relish being given a free role behind a striker.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 15:13:16 »

I'd definetly keep it how it is for the remainder of the season. Like they say, if it ent broken, don't fix it, I suppose. But as a future formation, I think it has the ability to work. Rooney sometimes goes 'walkabouts' when the ball is at his feet, and to great effect as well, so I think he'd suit it, as would Ritchie, like you say.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: