Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Homles  (Read 33562 times)
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 08:24:14 »

In your opinion.
Of course.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 08:28:22 »

Paolo's been looking for a big powerful Centre Forward all season. I'm witholding judgement on Holmes until I see how he gets on with someone to throw crosses at.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 10:13:09 »

He has had a few decent games but i have to say he hasnt impressed me that much. Is it me or does he seem really slow and sluggish at times? Maybe its a fitness issue.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 11:02:13 »

Has had lots of injuries in his career. I think that's why he's so cautious when running at teams, dosent want a reoccurence of injury. Seems slower/less exciting than he was when last here...
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 11:02:58 »

He has had a few decent games but i have to say he hasnt impressed me that much. Is it me or does he seem really slow and sluggish at times? Maybe its a fitness issue.

No it isn't just you.  He also seems completely unable to get past a defender.  If he can't get past a League 2 defender then what good will he be in League 1.

He's put in a few decent crosses, but far more that have been cleared with ease.

Personally I would have hoped we could pick somebody up who offers a bit more for next season.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 11:12:58 »

No it isn't just you.  He also seems completely unable to get past a defender.  If he can't get past a League 2 defender then what good will he be in League 1.

He's put in a few decent crosses, but far more that have been cleared with ease.

Personally I would have hoped we could pick somebody up who offers a bit more for next season.

His crosses can be good. Sometimes they are really good but there is no one on the end of them. That's a big problem too.

He is predictable that's my main worry other than his fitness. He hugs the touchline too much and defenders know how to defend him. If he cut in more like Ritchie and Rooney then that would improve his game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 11:15:25 »

But I think Rooney is incredibly predictable, cuts inside and practically never goes outside.

That said, Paul Allen didn't do too bad doing that.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 11:18:55 »

I don't think Holmes has done that bad, I just think people had massively high expectations of him which he's struggled to meet through no fault of his own

Things get better but they never get good
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #278 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 16:05:59 »

Rooney has 7 assists and 2 goals in 13 starts (and 5 sub appearances) which is impressive.

Some people only seem to be remembering the last few games and the whole team hasn't performed.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #279 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 16:08:09 »

Holmes has 1 goal and 1 assist in 9 starts (and 3 sub appearances). Doing better isn't he?

p.s. not slating Holmes as I think he is a decent player and has had some good moments for us but he isn't better than Rooney based on this evidence.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 16:17:28 »

Rooney is a good player, no doubt. Only 21 so lets see how he develops. McNamee was 24ish when he got here.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 16:35:12 »

Holmes has 1 goal and 1 assist in 9 starts (and 3 sub appearances). Doing better isn't he?

p.s. not slating Holmes as I think he is a decent player and has had some good moments for us but he isn't better than Rooney based on this evidence.

Have to agree,not consistant enough for me.
He looks class at times but you wonder how he ended up in lge 2.....maybe the injury toll.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 16:37:25 »

Rooney is a good player, no doubt. Only 21 so lets see how he develops. McNamee was 24ish when he got here.
Didnt realise Rooney is only 21, thought he was 24ish. Lots of time to improve then!

None of our wingers are particularly fast which could be something to look for, although i suppose the final ball is more important than pace, Alan O'brien for example
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 18:04:01 »

Rooney is precisely the kind of player who can grow with the club.  Think Digby and Ling in the mid 1980s, and Bodin a couple of seasons later.  (I'm making a vastly optimistic assumption about our trajectory during the next few years.)  Smiley
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 18:35:22 »

How much will players grow next year when they have a little bit more time and space on the ball?

I don't think it is any coincidence that our best perfornace have been against higher opposition. I think that Rooney and Homles will be even better next year, along with Ferry, Ritchie and hopefully Risser/Smith.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: