Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Playing Celtic next year?  (Read 8889 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 21:07:32 »

Too greedy.

Celtic kicked up a stink this week because the other clubs wanted to change the league structure and the way money is spread out i think
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 20:58:32 »

Yes, the ugly sisters get something like 80% of the TV money. Most people want the league expanded to 16 teams playing each other twice, but Rantic and Celgers wont have it as they want the 4 OF games.

Interestingly, Sky apparantly will pull the plug on the TV deals if they dont have 4 OF games a season.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 22:12:47 »

Ta, tans

So surely if they split the TV money equally it would make more of a competitive league one presumes, or are the big two just so greedy that aren't interested in parity?

You need to remember that the OF have the power to control the league. The voting system is structured around allowing them to make the decisions (11/1 majority). They're never going to vote to give themselves less money. 'The good of the game' doesn't interest them at all, and to be honest, most SPL chairmen feel the same.

I'd love it if the ugly sisters died/left and we turned into something like the Irish league. It might get shown on council telly then.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: