Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JPT in Singapore  (Read 2447 times)
JanTheMan

Ignore
« on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 13:24:11 »

I'm currently in Singapore on a bit of a jolly.  Thought I was going to be in Sydney by the 25th, but turns out I’ll still be here.  Obviously a long shot, but any town fans planning on watching the game over here?  If not, does anyone have any suggestions of a good sports bar to watch it in?  Sure I can find something, but only just got here and still finding my way about.  Not expecting much of a resposne, but you never know!!
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 14:36:38 »

I can't help for giving you someone to watch the game with, but your best bet to get it on somewhere would probably be down at Boat Quay where there are a few pubs/bars that show more or less all the football.  The Penny Black is right down the end by the Fullerton Bridge and is okay (pricey mind!) but I'm sure if you walk up the riverside you'll spot somewhere that you like showing it.

There was a sports bar in Clarke Quay that I can't remember the name of now but it was pretty good with loads of screens etc and was right next to one of those "slingshot" machines that fire you up into the air like a reverse bungee jump.  Not that that helps much, but that's where I'd go.  It was right near a bridge at Clarke Quay and was mostly outside.

never trust a nun...
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 10:22:35 »

Thanks Timmy, very useful.  Will probably head to the quay area
ChinaWhitenRed

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 16, 2012, 11:27:45 »

Thanks Timmy, very useful.  Will probably head to the quay area
Penny Black will be your best bet. I was there a few months ago and they are open to requests for which games they show.

Anybody in Shanghai who knows where it might be showing? I am stuck in a shitty shipyard and cannot get home for the game Crying

Change must come through the barrel of a gun
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 16, 2012, 12:07:42 »

I'm currently in Singapore on a bit of a jolly.  Thought I was going to be in Sydney by the 25th, but turns out I’ll still be here.  Obviously a long shot, but any town fans planning on watching the game over here?  If not, does anyone have any suggestions of a good sports bar to watch it in?  Sure I can find something, but only just got here and still finding my way about.  Not expecting much of a resposne, but you never know!!

I live in Singers. I've been trying to find out whether it's on live at all here. Our FA Cup games were and they tend to show every single live football game in the world on one channel or another. It's just whether the pub has got the more obscure ones like Goal TV and Supersports. Hopefully the JPT will be on somewhere. If it is, I'll be going out to watch it, probably down Boat Quay - our football club's pub is Sahara Bar, but we may go to Penny Black's or maybe Muddy Murphy's at the top of Orchard Road. You're more than welcome to join us, mate. Will keep in touch via this thread if you like.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 16, 2012, 13:08:18 »

I can't help for giving you someone to watch the game with, but your best bet to get it on somewhere would probably be down at Boat Quay where there are a few pubs/bars that show more or less all the football.  The Penny Black is right down the end by the Fullerton Bridge and is okay (pricey mind!) but I'm sure if you walk up the riverside you'll spot somewhere that you like showing it.

There was a sports bar in Clarke Quay that I can't remember the name of now but it was pretty good with loads of screens etc and was right next to one of those "slingshot" machines that fire you up into the air like a reverse bungee jump.  Not that that helps much, but that's where I'd go.  It was right near a bridge at Clarke Quay and was mostly outside.

I'd go for the Penny Black personally, Clarks key is horrible, brand new, plastic, false, indoor street shitehole.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 16, 2012, 16:03:59 »

I live in Singers. I've been trying to find out whether it's on live at all here. Our FA Cup games were and they tend to show every single live football game in the world on one channel or another. It's just whether the pub has got the more obscure ones like Goal TV and Supersports. Hopefully the JPT will be on somewhere. If it is, I'll be going out to watch it, probably down Boat Quay - our football club's pub is Sahara Bar, but we may go to Penny Black's or maybe Muddy Murphy's at the top of Orchard Road. You're more than welcome to join us, mate. Will keep in touch via this thread if you like.

Cheers bobby. I'll be with at least one other town fan (my bro), so let us know where you're heading nearer the time.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 17:50:22 »

Hello mate - are you still planning on watching in the Penny B/Muddy M?

Very jealous of those able to attend!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: