Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: wanky chesterfield  (Read 13690 times)
colin frizzel

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 16:25:03 »

Come on, we all know Sarfend are the biggest club in League 2, or as they are formally known as "The Thames Estuary Galacticos"
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 16:31:01 »

I thought Crawley were the biggest club and therefore the biggest scalp, in league 2?  Hmmm
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 16:31:38 »

I thought Crawley were the biggest club and therefore the biggest scalp, in league 2?  Hmmm

They certainly have the biggest manager

I come from a land down-under
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 17:19:46 »

Bradford are the biggest club in League Two.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/all-time-table
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 17:46:13 »

So Cheltenham was our 1000th home win, I didn't know this.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 18:17:52 »

So Cheltenham was our 1000th home win, I didn't know this.
They did mention it on the radio but nothing was posted on here that I know of.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 18:32:56 »

According to those stats they are also bigger than Spurs and Leeds.

Which just goes to show you can make stats prove any point you like (Something which politicians have been doing for years).

It's All Good..............
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 21:47:14 »

Pah, facts!  You can prove anything with facts.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 21:57:33 »

Newport County, Halifax Town and Chester City all bigger teams than Pox........... Obviously.

Even though two are reborn.

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 22:03:07 »

Pah, facts!  You can prove anything with facts.

Even the truth*

*Trademark 'Yes Prime Minister'

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 09:45:34 »

Jeez after 120 years we've won 1400, lost 1400, with a goal difference of +39, was it worth all that effort Smiley
Coloquix

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 19:46:24 »

Evening all,
Okay, so a valid question which is no doubt on many of your lips, or fingers as it were is, “why would a fan of a different team bother to set up an account on here and post a reply to a thread about his team?” Well, you're right, I probably should be out living my life but I'm ill at the minute, so that's my excuse haha.
Anyway chaps, I am indeed a Chesterfield fan and I've read this thread with interest, especially all the Saltergate memories. I'm only 26 myself so I'm sure it hit many of our fans harder than me, but I grew up with that place and though it was one of the worst grounds in the country in many ways, it was 100% our dump! Loved it, even the outside bogs!
If any of you have had the misfortune of popping on our message board, you will no doubt have already witnessed a bit of bragging and chest pumping from some members. We're not all like that you know. I reckon the general consensus amongst my fellow Spireites is that you guys will give us a pasting, and for some reason many of us seem to be alright with that. Tis undeniably hard to get overly excited when our league position is so pish poor...but it'll be a grand day I'm sure, as long as you don't tank us. Many Spireites seem to be in the strange position of bargaining with some higher being...we'll give up the trophy if we can stay up instead. Not sure how that works, but I think goes some of the way to explaining why we're not taking quite as many fans as we expected. I admit it, I'm not going as I cannot afford a Wembley trip and the next game at Sheff Utd as well and, living in Sheffield, I stumped for the easier option. Besides, I saw us get thumped by Charlton away earlier in the year so I'm in no rush to watch us lose in London again haha.
Right enough nattering, I should probably go and medicate myself rather than cluttering up your board. Fingers crossed it's a good game (my prediction by the way is a win on penalties for us...I might be ever so slightly wrong).
Hope you're all good!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 19:51:05 »

I don't really post on other teams boards but I've got a couple of accounts, don't really see the problem, we're all there to talk football and usually sign up some time around the fixture. No need to justify yourself here matey.

I think we're all reasonably confident heading into this game, perhaps not to the point of referring to you as "wanky Chesterfield"! I think we'll win, I don't think it'll be a pasting though!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 19:54:41 »

Even the truth*

*Trademark 'Yes Prime Minister'

Good work, my Simpsons quote matched to Yes Prime Minister.  Two quality shows right there.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 20:20:47 »

Evening all,
Okay, so a valid question which is no doubt on many of your lips, or fingers as it were is, “why would a fan of a different team bother to set up an account on here and post a reply to a thread about his team?” Well, you're right, I probably should be out living my life but I'm ill at the minute, so that's my excuse haha.
Anyway chaps, I am indeed a Chesterfield fan and I've read this thread with interest, especially all the Saltergate memories. I'm only 26 myself so I'm sure it hit many of our fans harder than me, but I grew up with that place and though it was one of the worst grounds in the country in many ways, it was 100% our dump! Loved it, even the outside bogs!
If any of you have had the misfortune of popping on our message board, you will no doubt have already witnessed a bit of bragging and chest pumping from some members. We're not all like that you know. I reckon the general consensus amongst my fellow Spireites is that you guys will give us a pasting, and for some reason many of us seem to be alright with that. Tis undeniably hard to get overly excited when our league position is so pish poor...but it'll be a grand day I'm sure, as long as you don't tank us. Many Spireites seem to be in the strange position of bargaining with some higher being...we'll give up the trophy if we can stay up instead. Not sure how that works, but I think goes some of the way to explaining why we're not taking quite as many fans as we expected. I admit it, I'm not going as I cannot afford a Wembley trip and the next game at Sheff Utd as well and, living in Sheffield, I stumped for the easier option. Besides, I saw us get thumped by Charlton away earlier in the year so I'm in no rush to watch us lose in London again haha.
Right enough nattering, I should probably go and medicate myself rather than cluttering up your board. Fingers crossed it's a good game (my prediction by the way is a win on penalties for us...I might be ever so slightly wrong).
Hope you're all good!

Well let us hope it is a good game whatever the result.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: