Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: wanky chesterfield  (Read 13603 times)
Madrobin

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 20:34:53 »

Will be a decent day regardless of result in my opinion. THere won't be the pressure of the play-off final, which should make for a better game. The fact we aren't playing Milwall should also make it a decent atmosphere in and around the ground. I, for one, am rather looking forward to it!

Derbyshire Reds - On Tour
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, March 16, 2012, 07:42:24 »

Will be a decent day regardless of result in my opinion. THere won't be the pressure of the play-off final, which should make for a better game. The fact we aren't playing Milwall should also make it a decent atmosphere in and around the ground. I, for one, am rather looking forward to it!

Word....

Apart from the older generation they were the biggest cunts I have seen.

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, March 16, 2012, 08:38:17 »

Evening all,
Okay, so a valid question which is no doubt on many of your lips, or fingers as it were is, “why would a fan of a different team bother to set up an account on here and post a reply to a thread about his team?” Well, you're right, I probably should be out living my life but I'm ill at the minute, so that's my excuse haha.
Anyway chaps, I am indeed a Chesterfield fan and I've read this thread with interest, especially all the Saltergate memories. I'm only 26 myself so I'm sure it hit many of our fans harder than me, but I grew up with that place and though it was one of the worst grounds in the country in many ways, it was 100% our dump! Loved it, even the outside bogs!
If any of you have had the misfortune of popping on our message board, you will no doubt have already witnessed a bit of bragging and chest pumping from some members. We're not all like that you know. I reckon the general consensus amongst my fellow Spireites is that you guys will give us a pasting, and for some reason many of us seem to be alright with that. Tis undeniably hard to get overly excited when our league position is so pish poor...but it'll be a grand day I'm sure, as long as you don't tank us. Many Spireites seem to be in the strange position of bargaining with some higher being...we'll give up the trophy if we can stay up instead. Not sure how that works, but I think goes some of the way to explaining why we're not taking quite as many fans as we expected. I admit it, I'm not going as I cannot afford a Wembley trip and the next game at Sheff Utd as well and, living in Sheffield, I stumped for the easier option. Besides, I saw us get thumped by Charlton away earlier in the year so I'm in no rush to watch us lose in London again haha.
Right enough nattering, I should probably go and medicate myself rather than cluttering up your board. Fingers crossed it's a good game (my prediction by the way is a win on penalties for us...I might be ever so slightly wrong).
Hope you're all good!

I am very much a fan of traditional old grounds, although our south stand was erected in about 1995 I always have had a soft spot for the Shrivingham Road terrace with it's metal roof and abandoned wooden seats. There was a thread on here a couple of months ago that had a link to a website that had a lot of old photos of grounds as they used to look. Although it's more "comfy" nowadays I actually used to like standing on an old concrete terrace with the wind cutting me in half whilst eating some rank food, it was an escape from a cosy lifestyle I guess  Smiley . There was always a buzz from jumping around like a kid at Christmas when your team scored; favourite games for that were the 4-0 win at Bristol City in 91 and the game at Burnden Park in 95 (and obviously the games at Oxford when we won). Plus if you had some annoying twat stood near you or somebody with a stinky arse , it was easy to move to a different part of the terrace Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: