Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: wanky chesterfield  (Read 13602 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 21:42:58 »

Did anyone go on the Friday when it got called off due to floodlight failure.....and we all stayed over the night and watched it next day on the Saturday....light years ago mind you Cheesy
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 21:51:32 »

Did anyone go on the Friday when it got called off due to floodlight failure.....and we all stayed over the night and watched it next day on the Saturday....light years ago mind you Cheesy
Slept in the cop shop that night as we'd drunk all our money. One of our lot threw up all over the floor. The cops were alright up there.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 21:57:37 »

We stayed in an old guest house....still have the scars from all the knit bites!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 22:02:57 »

69 er is clearly a pointless fucking troll and is the same person as Navyred STFC, ignore.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 22:34:48 »

Saltergate was ace. Loved it when the bloke in the wheelchair did a pitch invasion and got a clip round the ear from his helper. Might have been during their last match before the stadium move.

Agree with 69er on this one, I looked at their forum a few days back and they said they would outsell us

Think I know the one you mean. He had supports Chesterfield AND Manchester United in the little profile bit under his name though so you can only laugh.
STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 07:55:25 »

Agree with 69er on this one, I looked at their forum a few days back and they said they would outsell us and a thread about hating the mighty one due to his Wednesday connections.

Can't quite see the point of this question, have no strong views on them either way; just hope we win.

Navyred - Wouldn't you have a dislike for a Manager who has Oxford Connections?
Navyred stfc

« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 08:07:28 »

Of course they are our arch rivals whereas Wednesday see Chesterfield as a pub team.
STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 08:26:33 »

Of course they are our arch rivals whereas Wednesday see Chesterfield as a pub team.

I use to work with someone from Barnsley and he told me that all the Yorkshire teams hated Sheffield Wednesday, not just United
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 09:28:06 »

Did anyone go on the Friday when it got called off due to floodlight failure

I had to drive up from London that evening – terrible traffic on the A1, well behind schedule to get there for kick-off. Couldn’t believe it when the radio announced the delay. Got there 30 mins late just about when the pp was announced, and Lou came over and said the club would pay for returning coaches Sat morning.

I had family in Nottingham so was staying over anyway. I’d always had a soft spot for C’field as a counter to the local arrogance of Forest / Derby / the 2 Sheffs which was always stuffed down my throat on family visits. As a lad, being taken for a treat to see a game there and having to stand on that Saltergate terrace in the middle of winter with the wind blowing off the Peak District was the coldest place I’ve ever watched football (except for Oldham).
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 09:53:42 »

Won the league there once did we not...or was it promotion??

Open air bogs i remember.

Clems Army!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 09:59:02 »

Indeed, i loved Saltergate.  Its a real shame grounds like this disappear.  Were couple of great boozers on the short walk from the town centre as well.
kerry red

« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 10:09:54 »

Won the league there once did we not...or was it promotion??

You thinking of Mansfield - won league there with Macari.

Scrapping with the Notts cops who were hot off the picket line during Miners Strike - right bunch of bastards
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 10:12:39 »

I believe we also won promotion there in 95/96
3-1 win I think

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 10:13:09 »

Scrapping with the Notts cops who were hot off the picket line during Miners Strike - right bunch of bastards

I think that was 96 when we got a point at Saltergate to secure promotion. We then won the league at Blackpool I think?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 10:13:21 »

No hes thinking of Chesterfield when we won promotion there under Muckmarn in 96 we won there 3-1.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?Tab=Photos&MatchID=19960143

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: