Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Other teams fans please explain the problem with PDC  (Read 7066 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 13:20:03 »

I loved it yesterday when there was a break in play - I forget who was down injured but all the players went over to Paolo and he just exploded! So much so that he walked back to the dug out punched it (which could he heard from the back of the DRS) and continued to chew the ear off of about 5 different people.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 13:45:34 »

In fairness, when reading other teams' forums, quite a lot of opposition fans like him. As has been said, Swindon fans would be exactly the same towards him if he was manager of an opposing team and equally, the fans of any other club would love him if he was their manager.

He's always going to prevoke a response or opinion of some kind from the opposition, unlike [shudder]Paul Hart[/shudder] or Danny Wilson or Maurice Backpass.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 13:47:13 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 14:11:11 »

Easily explained:

He's successful

He's highly visible

He says things other managers would keep to themselves

Biggest problem for Swindon - how do you replace him when the time comes? Bit like Cloughie
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 14:22:03 »

No body likes a winner.

He's winning, we're winning - the other teams arent. Jealous.

Alot people dont like Sir Alex, because he's a winner.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 14:22:40 »

Alot people dont like Sir Alex, because he's a winner.
i don't like him because he's a cunt

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 14:25:09 »

you think he's a cunt because he's a winner.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 14:36:42 »

I dread the day I hear people sing 'no one likes us, we don't care'.

It's horribly ironic. In the bad way.
Flashheart

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 14:47:07 »

I don't like Ferguson because he is a hypocritical prick and a whinger.

Fuck all to do whit whether or not he is a winner, I couldn't give a toss about any club in the premiership.
Navyred stfc

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 15:45:08 »

Why stop at the premiership? I couldn't give a toss about any other club, period.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 15:45:20 »

I really don't think we need to ask other clubs' supporters why they dislike PDC so much, it's obvious.

He's loud, in your face, never stops, likes to hog a fair amount of the attention (standing in the centre of the pitch when Oxford beat us at CG), rubs it in when we win, wears his heart on his sleeve. Has a certain arrogance/over confidence and most annoyingly, they've all been waiting to see him fail but...

... he seems to know whats he's doing, whilst the other managers in the division don't, or are doing an ok job as they head towards retirement.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 16:10:32 »

I don't like Ferguson because he is a hypocritical prick and a whinger.

Fuck all to do whit whether or not he is a winner, I couldn't give a toss about any club in the premiership.
Yarp agreed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 16:33:52 »

Mourinho wasn't in our division, bad example.

Martin Allen is a good example.

Allen wasn't a good example at Cheltenham.  All of their fans hated him as he tore apart the ethos of the club which Yates has rebuilt.

Also, I find it incredibly hard to believe that even his only fans would love Fat Boy @ Crawley.  Wouldn't happen, but if he ever became manager of STFC I'd quit at least until he was gone.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 17:00:09 »

Di canio is a big name in british football so he immediately gets peoples attention. The fact that he is who he is,we are flying and he is animated means our rival teams will dislike him. If he was doing what he is here at one of our rivals we would be exactly the same as other clubs fans. We have him and they dont so Smug Fuck Off to all of them
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 17:08:59 »

Di canio is a big name in british football so he immediately gets peoples attention. The fact that he is who he is,we are flying and he is animated means our rival teams will dislike him. If he was doing what he is here at one of our rivals we would be exactly the same as other clubs fans. We have him and they dont so Smug Fuck Off to all of them
Probably find its only the other 2nd division sides fans that dislike Paolo, pretty much every prem supporter I know thinks he is a breath of fresh air not only to our league but English football, Managers like Paolo is what will help to keep English football so appealing.
Spencer_White

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 19:06:02 »

I wouldnt swap Paolo Di Canio for any other manager in the World right now.

Apart from Paul Hart.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: