Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Other teams fans please explain the problem with PDC  (Read 7069 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 12:18:53 »

Just for people fans of other teams and visitors from other forums, here is a totally genuine question

Just what is you problem with PDC?

I am honestly interested.  I go to our matches and see a manager who is always on his feet issuing instructions to his players, waving his arms about and making changes to the team.  I may be naive, but isn't that his job?

Id love someone to come on here explain why they have a problem with PDC's actions on the side of the pitch.  Fair enough the celebration at Northampton was a bit much (but fucking excellent all the same) but I really cannot understand the problems people seem to have with his actions.

Never knowingly overstated.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 12:25:06 »

If he was at one of the other decent league 2 teams we'd all be calling him an arse and get pissed off.

Di Canio is brilliant for us and infuriating for the opposition. Which is all the more satisfying.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 12:25:40 »

If he was at one of the other decent league 2 teams we'd all be calling him an arse and get pissed off.

Di Canio is brilliant for us and infuriating for the opposition. Which is all the more satisfying.

This.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 12:33:48 »

Exactly, pretty simple really. Any set of fans would hate the opposition manager to act like it but love it when it's your own.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 12:36:06 »

Was/is the same with the Portuguese nut job when he was at Chelsea,his antics riled many but not Chelsea fans of course.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 12:43:17 »

Exactly, pretty simple really. Any set of fans would hate the opposition manager to act like it but love it when it's your own.

TBH, I don't see it that way.  If he was another team's manager, I would still like him, as I do for the likes of Ian Holloway.  If the bloke is entertaining then I like him.  Simple as that.

Therefore, the only thing I can think why they don't like PDC is jealousy.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 12:44:32 »

TBH, I don't see it that way.  If he was another team's manager, I would still like him, as I do for the likes of Ian Holloway.  If the bloke is entertaining then I like him.  Simple as that.

Therefore, the only thing I can think why they don't like PDC is jealousy.

Yeah exactly, I was always a fan of Mourinho and it should be a laugh if he comes back again in the summer.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 12:48:41 »

Mourinho wasn't in our division, bad example.

Martin Allen is a good example.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 12:51:40 »

Mourinho wasn't in our division, bad example.

Martin Allen is a good example.

Sorry about that Grin
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 12:53:47 »

Unfortunately PDC did come with some baggage from his premier league days and his own history (does Paul D. still come to footy?), but I think his animated expressions on the touch line are what rile the fans and I think it can be summed up in one word - SUCCESS!!
Let's face it we did give Fatty Evans the bird, in fact I am sure we got to him and his team.  Made me laugh yesterday their manager was stood up on the touch line the whole time, yet the dumb fucks from 'Nam were telling PDC to sit down - and I loved his reaction to them at the end of the game, almost a "stick that up your arse and smoke it" reaction!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 12:54:29 »

It reminds me perfectly of Mourinho. As entertaining if not more, just the rest of the plastic prem fans aren't in on it which makes it better.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 12:58:15 »

Fat boy is a good example, I imagine their fans love him.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 12:58:34 »

I've found alot of the negativity towards him has come from fans in the same league as us. So thats one thing - jealousy and bitterness usually after we have beat them!! But I still don't see why thats an excuse.  A few local southampton fans & city fans round here say he is hilarious and like watching him on the box! The fact of the matter is, he is the perfect manager. He shouts screams and gets stuck in and thats what u want to see! And so far its proving very effective Smiley

RED ARMY
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 13:01:00 »

Its the comments that his actions are a 'disgrace to football'.  Um, he's doing his job.  One thing Ive noticed is that he doesn't, or rarely, screams and shouts at the ref.  Its all at his players.  Where's the disgrace?

Never knowingly overstated.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 13:04:27 »

Yeah exactly, I was always a fan of Mourinho and it should be a laugh if he comes back again in the summer.

Same as that.  I don't support Chelses, but Mourinho was great for the game  (although he started moaning about everything just before he left).
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: