Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 44250 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 11:15:58 »

Funny isn't it? I thought it was a penalty at the time and I've watched it a couple of times on the FL Show and I still think it was.

I think the foul starts outside the box.

Risser has arm across him. Duffy is backing in.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 11:17:55 »

Alfred was born in the village of Wantage. Somewhere near 6, Fyfield Close    soapy tit wank  

Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 11:19:26 »

We played pretty crap throughout the second half. There were a few spells of quality, but Cheltenham were a good side and I honestly thought that by the full time whistle it would be 1-1. Fotheringham was absolute class, made some brill saves. He was definately worth a tweet last night!! I see Cheltenham fans are very bitter though. Seen comments such as Paolo is a discrace to football & Swindon are a very very lucky side yesterday and to be 1st in league 2. Yeh because we have been lucky all season!! I suppose they have been great all season too hence their loss to Morecambe. I guess a good side also will battle to hold on to a victory even when playing not so good, and we did what we had to do yesterday. Job done.

Well said, I dont know why but this whole Swindon are lucky and rubbish argument is really getting my goat today (see my earlier post.) Why Chelts fans are judging our team based on one off day as opposed to looking at the league table is totally beyond me.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 11:21:47 »

Yeah apparently by losing to us yesterday Cheltenham proved they are the best side in the league.

Personally I think beating 2nd place whilst missing your captain/most influential player and playing 2 midfielders in defence AND playing pretty appallingly proves who is the best side in this league.

That and being 8 points clear of 2nd with 11 games to go.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 11:28:09 »

I think the foul starts outside the box.

Risser has arm across him. Duffy is backing in.
it pains me to say it, but i agree with DV.
duffy was loving the backing in all game

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 11:31:24 »

it pains me to say it, but i agree with DV.
duffy was loving the backing in all game
Well it all worked out for the best seeing as Sir Wes saved it, it got the crowd going and we had our best spell of the game culminating in the goal.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 11:33:48 »

Well said, I dont know why but this whole Swindon are lucky and rubbish argument is really getting my goat today (see my earlier post.) Why Chelts fans are judging our team based on one off day as opposed to looking at the league table is totally beyond me.

Personally I love it, a reflection of all the other fans inability to admit that Swindon (what fucking Swindon?) are not only top but pissing all over this league. So out come the excuses - luck, it was an off-day, the ref's a 'homer' (ha ha! yeah right), the ref's from Wiltshire, Paolo put us off by being too passionate and so on. Meanwhile we continue to quietly hoover up the results. Fine by me.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 11:52:00 »

Did anyone see to 30-40 year old mascot yesterday? 

It must have been a dare.

There was a little bit in the programme, it was a surprise 30th present Smiley
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 13:19:31 »

Personally I love it, a reflection of all the other fans inability to admit that Swindon (what fucking Swindon?) are not only top but pissing all over this league. So out come the excuses - luck, it was an off-day, the ref's a 'homer' (ha ha! yeah right), the ref's from Wiltshire, Paolo put us off by being too passionate and so on. Meanwhile we continue to quietly hoover up the results. Fine by me.

Yeah, you're right, I normally have the same attitude but for some reason the Chelts reaction has wound me up. Especially the tweets from the Cheltenham Lib Dem MP.... I fucking hate politicians at the best of the time but the bitter crap he has spouted, coupled with the fact that when you reply back he just sends a picture of the Di Canio Lazio Nazi salute back to you (yawn)- it just smacks of childishness. You'd think he'd have more constructive things to do like fiddle some expenses or something.

Some examples of many -

Christopher Coleman ‏ @libdemchris
Swindon fans should be careful. Last season's Chesterfield side were a far superior side to their lot! #straightbackdown
Retweeted by Swindon Town Fans

Christopher Coleman ‏ @libdemchris  
The @football_league and @thefadotcom need to urgently look at the referee in today's Swindon v Cheltenham game. An awful display!

« Last Edit: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 13:27:05 by Arch Stanton » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 14:24:03 »

He needs reminding by a twitter users that we have 5 more points than that 'superior' Chesterfield side did after 35 games.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 14:32:20 »

If we look at this from the same point of view as Cheatenham (the reversing Duffy/diving wingers et al) and pick one game to sum up the season then presumably they are lucky to be 2nd bearing in mind we should have beaten them at their place and for ages looked to me one of the worst teams Town played this season.

And yes the ref was absolutely shit.....for us!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 14:33:38 »

I don't understand why anyone gives a fuck what other fans think of us.

It is a little odd as I recall Di Canio being admired by many opposition fans when he was at West Ham or is my mind playing tricks?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 14:37:22 »

Hopefully he'll stick on a few quid on 'superior' Chesterfield beating us in two weeks time...only to lose it all !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 14:41:50 »

According to the Cheltenham forum, they haven't sent anybody along with Marlon Pack to the FL awards tonight, do he is sat with our lot (including Ritchie). If ever there was a chance to lay some groundwork for so summer move, this is it! I suspect he'll be inundated with better offers though. He was superb yesterday.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 14:45:36 »

According to the Cheltenham forum, they haven't sent anybody along with Marlon Pack to the FL awards tonight, do he is sat with our lot (including Ritchie). If ever there was a chance to lay some groundwork for so summer move, this is it! I suspect he'll be inundated with better offers though. He was superb yesterday.
Ritchie and Pack grew up together and played together at Pompey...hopefully he'll have a good word.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: