Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 44171 times)
corner

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 18:32:00 »

The person that posted that on the Cheltnumb forum  is a Swindon season ticket holder Superkoz, he used to be on here occassionally but his "other" team is Cheltnumb, he runs a pub in West Swindon.

So don't read too much into that post.
I herd the same at the game, some guy was saying that cheltnum couldnt afford a table or sumut.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 18:56:42 »

Reg - Having spent all my school years in Wantage I think the residents of that good town would contest your fact of Alfred the Great being born in Abingdon, there is actually a bloody great statue in the market square in Wantage to commemorate him.

What I said was that Alfred was born in Berkshire, indeed Wantage, and as far as I'm concerned all of his ancestral lands are still in Berkshire....not fucking O*fordshire.
kerry red

« Reply #452 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 19:24:07 »

So just how did he become Batman's butler?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 19:28:32 »

Who, Reg?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 19:29:29 »

Why were the Cheltenham staff in the DRS?? I thought they would be in the Arkells?

I hope the club charged him £25 for watching the game in the DRS.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 19:58:03 »

So just how did he become Batman's butler?
Batman was in the Arkells stand yesterday.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 20:47:45 »

Faringdon was in Berkshire as was Wantage, Abingdon (only just ) and Didcot. And to confirm that the mighty Hagbourne's and Harwell was a good catchment for loyal STFC support. We generally got out numbered by Pox and Reading fans.  Smiley     

We stood firm my friend......Smiley - Backed up by a few in Didcot. Still a few now.

East & West Hagbourne hot beds of football.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 08:47:05 »

According to the Gloucester Citizen

'Cheltenham were superior in every department against a side who have been close to invincible at home this season, but they were unable to prevent them marching to their 13th consecutive victory at the County Ground.'

Now this sort of shit really pisses me off.  The standards of journalism in this country.  Let me rewrite it for you Gloucester Citizen

'It could be argued that in every department, apart from the all important scoring a goal and stopping goals being scored against you, Cheltenham were far superior.  They certainly had the edge in moaning at the referee and diving.'

Never knowingly overstated.
ScillyRed

« Reply #458 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 08:51:06 »

Scilly is twinned with Harwell for STFC purposes  Smiley
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 08:56:40 »

Ah, let them believe what the like.
We got the three points, so fuck 'em.

I actually quite liked Cheltenham, but reading some of their reports and their fans comments, they seem very deluded.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 08:59:48 »

Just watched the highlight on the official site.  Did'nt realise at the time just how bad the follow up tackle after the pen was by that little cunt duffy.  He dived from behind with 2 feet off the air.  He's a horrible little shit isn't he.  If the ref had any balls he would have been off for that.

Never knowingly overstated.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 09:18:20 »

Just watched the highlights too. That was never a penalty - Duffy was backing into Risser then fell over once he saw that he was in the area. Shit penalty though, routine save for Wes.

But the follow up tackle from Duffy was dangerous and he should've been off.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 09:20:33 »

Just watched the highlights too. That was never a penalty - Duffy was backing into Risser then fell over once he saw that he was in the area. Shit penalty though, routine save for Wes.

But the follow up tackle from Duffy was dangerous and he should've been off.

Did the ref even book him? If not the FA might impose a ban/fine after the event.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 09:22:05 »

agree with samdy, looks worse than I remember it on the highlights...and yes wiggy, he was booked for that..
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 09:22:52 »

Why were the Cheltenham staff in the DRS?? I thought they would be in the Arkells?

No idea, think he was going up to the camera gantry.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: