Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 44167 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 14:56:05 »

http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9280

Pretty sure we've got half a mill lying around right?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 15:30:03 »

I thought we were supposed to be the diving, whinging surround the ref cheats?  Did no one tell Chelt that thats our role?  They were doing it all game.

TO be fair they were good, had a lot of possesion by over running our midfield, but most importantly, our patched up defence didnt concede despite a crappy ref. 

Never knowingly overstated.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 15:38:41 »

I don't understand why anyone gives a fuck what other fans think of us.

Well said Sonic. Reading through some of these posts is a little cringeworthy. It's pretty obvious why other teams supporters cast envious eyes in our direction. Everyone hates the team at the top, especially a team that when your team play them, look no better than yours. 'Why can't we do what they do?' is a question you ask yourself? 'If only we were consistantly getting results, it'd be us up there and not them' would be running through your mind.

And we all know this as most of us probably felt that way when Luton ran away with L1 a few years ago, and when Plymouth did likewise. We looked better than Luton that year, as did many sides, but Luton were stronger fitter and got results.

Let the other supporters think what they want, that's football.

Have to say though the actions of that Lib Dem MP annoys me though, he should have more important things to worry about rather than get involved with this sort of thing.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 15:41:06 »

First half we were decent enough. We passed it well and kept possesion. Not really sure why the ref gave them a penalty as it looked like Duffy just fell into Risser although Risser did look as if he was holding him. The game changing moment was the penalty save from Wes and then a great ball from Chibo for another Benson goal a few minutes later.

Second half they battled more in midfield and won the ball far too often. They had all the possession but didnt.really create too much. Whilst we didnt get going we still produced 2 decent efforts on goal. Not a great performance overall but at this stage its the points that count. Winning when not playing great is becoming a nice habit for us.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 15:58:54 »

Aaah, that explains the tweets joking with Ferry that they wanted to see the highlights of him holding the hand of an adult masscot.

That was me, and the FLS didn't even show it!

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 16:07:40 »

Another highlight was the post-match interview with an alarmingly amnesiac Devera.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #441 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 16:20:24 »

According to the Cheltenham forum, they haven't sent anybody along with Marlon Pack to the FL awards tonight, do he is sat with our lot (including Ritchie). If ever there was a chance to lay some groundwork for so summer move, this is it! I suspect he'll be inundated with better offers though. He was superb yesterday.
The person that posted that on the Cheltnumb forum  is a Swindon season ticket holder Superkoz, he used to be on here occassionally but his "other" team is Cheltnumb, he runs a pub in West Swindon.

So don't read too much into that post.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 16:28:01 »

It is a little odd as I recall Di Canio being admired by many opposition fans when he was at West Ham or is my mind playing tricks?
I just think it's interesting to get a different perspective on our club. In fact, I find it quite fascinating to have a look on other clubs' boards to see how they view things. If other people don't give a fuck then that's fine.

You're right about Di Canio, he was admired by a lot of clubs' fans as a player and to be fair, a lot still do as a manager. It's just that you get the OTT, somewhat cretinous comments highlighted on here.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #443 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 16:30:41 »

I just think it's interesting to get a different perspective on our club. In fact, I find it quite fascinating to have a look on other clubs' boards to see how they view things. If other people don't give a fuck then that's fine.

I agree 100%.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 16:44:49 »

I saw someone having a word with one of the Cheltenham staff as he walked up the DRS, making some diving impressions, the guy looked pretty pissed off, i'm going to assume that was Posh Red  Smiley

Yes

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 16:55:37 »

it pains me to say it, but i agree with DV.
duffy was loving the backing in all game
Duffy was looking to go down at every opportunity and I didnt think it was a pen then and even more so now I have seen it again, Soft is what I would call it. Cheltenham have adapted to become a good second division side but we were there for the taking yesterday especially second half and they blew it, that's what has pissed them off more than anything.
Never leave before Paolo has gone down the tunnel as anything could happen right to the last. " we are Swindon, we're top of the league "
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 17:33:29 »

The person that posted that on the Cheltnumb forum  is a Swindon season ticket holder Superkoz, he used to be on here occassionally but his "other" team is Cheltnumb, he runs a pub in West Swindon.

So don't read too much into that post.

It's not exactly a pub, it's the bar at the De Vere hotel.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 17:36:57 »

You're sooo right, I really shouldn't rise to it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 17:37:06 »

I saw someone having a word with one of the Cheltenham staff as he walked up the DRS, making some diving impressions, the guy looked pretty pissed off, i'm going to assume that was Posh Red  Smiley
Why were the Cheltenham staff in the DRS?? I thought they would be in the Arkells?
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 17:47:32 »

Dunno why Foderingham got the 'MoM' award.  Duffy's ball handling skills were far superior!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: