Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 44485 times)
Spud

« Reply #390 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 08:01:06 »

Always said that Cheltenham fans were the biggest bunch of deluded pricks in Football and this statement still stands.

We weren't very good, yet still beat you. We won't win the league? Go and check the latest league table out?

And going into the Di Canio thing at the end, if you give abuse out, then expect to take it when it comes back round. To be honest though, all I could see from the Cheltenham fans going mental was about 10 15 year olds trying to breach the barrier! Trollolololololol!
Spencer_White

« Reply #391 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 08:55:05 »

You can see how Cheltenham have got up to 2nd. They were tough to beat. Made for a poor game, but nevermind. Good home attendance.

Risser if you are playing central defence, you cannot let the ball bounce, ever.

Cannot believe I left before Paolo had done his celebrating. Heard the huge roar in the car park. Im not leaving another game this season until Paolo's left the pitch.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 09:32:57 »

You can see how Cheltenham have got up to 2nd. They were tough to beat. Made for a poor game, but nevermind. Good home attendance.

Risser if you are playing central defence, you cannot let the ball bounce, ever.

Cannot believe I left before Paolo had done his celebrating. Heard the huge roar in the car park. Im not leaving another game this season until Paolo's left the pitch.
I said exactly that during the game. Very solid and well organized without being massively threatening up front although at the time you're always worried they're going to sneak one while it's only 1-0. I was convinced they were going to nick one right at the end.

On another day it could easily have been a draw and we couldn't have complained. Any promotion team is going to have days like that during the season though and the fact is we dug in and got the win and that's all that matters.

Risser did ok at CB but I wonder if PDC will switch Macca back there for the next game? Maybe stick Nathan Thompson in at RB?

And it was bloody good support as well, both in numbers and that fact that they got behind the team when not playing brilliantly. I also made the mistake of leaving when I thought everyone had left the pitch and missed Paolo's little cameo. All in all though, very happy with that.
lambourn red

« Reply #393 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 10:00:15 »

It is worth waiting until all the players have left the field just to see Paolo celebrate . What i dont understand is how people leave a game like yesterdays with 5 minutes to go the County Ground has got to be one of the best grounds to get away from even when we have a big crowd never takes more than 10 minutes to get on your way so there is no logic in it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 10:03:45 »

It is worth waiting until all the players have left the field just to see Paolo celebrate . What i dont understand is how people leave a game like yesterdays with 5 minutes to go the County Ground has got to be one of the best grounds to get away from even when we have a big crowd never takes more than 10 minutes to get on your way so there is no logic in it.

The DRS is a pain to get out of from the back, but as you say 10 mins tops. Just enough to clap the players and watch Paolo.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 10:03:57 »

When you see statements like this..."Swindon will not win the title, its between us and Shrewsbury."...I suspect they don't really get the hang of tables.

That's because they are used to Rugby, and league positions don't matter at the end of the season, they have play-offs to decide the title Wink
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 10:06:03 »

Totally agree with the statement about leaving early!!  Although it could be that they don't like taking their life in their own hands crossing the CG car park, some of those pricks that park there and have to get away straight away are bloody dangerous, ignore hundreds of people walking across and literally drive through them, round them or over them.  Bloody stewards should put a stop to that before somebody is hurt.
Spencer_White

« Reply #397 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 10:08:46 »

Cant believe people pay so much money for the Club car park. There were still cars queing to get out when I was on my second pint in the CGH garden.

To all the Cheltenham lurkers on here, you aint a football Town and you never will be. Your fans move their arms, but no noise come out. If you dont like going to industrial working class Towns then chose another sport. That said, I hope you go up because I like going on the piss in Cheltenham.

Dont really want to see this Tehoue. I want to see Alan Connell. Tehoue was unfit, and he struggled to get into the box. Connell would have been in there. Cmon Paolo.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 10:10:57 »

When was the last time STFC were first and second in the League?

j

Could possibly have happened in 78/79, that was the epic season that saw us, Gills, Toshack's Swansea, Graham Taylor's Watford, and unbelievaibly, Graham Turner's Shrews, scrap it out til the last game.

Of course, then there were no PO's and also 2 points for a win...in typical Town fashion we ended up 5th, yet would havegone up automatically, with the same record 3 years later.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 10:11:02 »

I doubt that we'll have to fight that hard for a win again this season (or come up against a team as good as Cheltenham) and we weren't very good either but got the result which is what Champions do. I can't see anyone catching us before the end of the season.

Caddis is a massive loss and his absence upset the balance on the right. Risser is a very limited footballer but contributed to keeping a clean sheet against a very good side. The substitution of Smith pretty much handed control of the game to Cheltenham and put us under unecessary pressure.

The referee was a hopeless case who needs to sit down, grow a pair and study the rulebook - never a penalty, inconsistent bookings, failed to comprehend the advantage rule and what happened at the end with Devera and Risser? Was allowing them to stay on an act of kindness or apology for the penalty decision? Strange.

edit: Tehoue looked crap. I don't understand the Connell neglect.
Spencer_White

« Reply #400 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 10:12:11 »

Could possibly have happened in 78/79, that was the epic season that saw us, Gills, Toshack's Swansea, Graham Taylor's Watford, and unbelievaibly, Graham Turner's Shrews, scrap it out til the last game.

Of course, then there were no PO's and also 2 points for a win...in typical Town fashion we ended up 5th, yet would havegone up automatically, with the same record 3 years later.

When did Swansea become a City?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 10:14:17 »

Totally agree with the statement about leaving early!!  Although it could be that they don't like taking their life in their own hands crossing the CG car park, some of those pricks that park there and have to get away straight away are bloody dangerous, ignore hundreds of people walking across and literally drive through them, round them or over them.  Bloody stewards should put a stop to that before somebody is hurt.

I always seem to get at least one person in my row (if not more) who arrives at about 3.04, leaves their seat for a piss/cup of tea half way through the half, leaves again just before half time, get's back just after half time and repeats the ritual of the first half then leaves 5 minutes from the end.

OK I've possibly exaggerated that slightly but some people are un-fucking-believable. You really wonder why they go. That's just reminded me of the time I sat just behind a woman who, presumably having paid her £25 or whatever, spent the whole time reading her Kindle. Unreal. Roll Eyes
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 10:14:41 »

60's some time.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 10:17:07 »

A cursory look at the Table of Average Attendances for the division

I find it quite interesting that Oxford average roughly the same as us given the geographical locality between us both, the fact they were non-league for many years and the number of Town fans in Oxfordshire. Do they get a lot of fans from outside of Oxfordshire?
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 10:18:29 »

1969. Decent year.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: