Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Are we as good as we think?  (Read 9799 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 12:52:26 »

I do tend to try not to comment on other teams finances.  Though I probably have done.

Lets face it I don't really know about our finances so I don't have time to study the finances of every other team in our division.  If I did, that'd be really quite sad.

Never knowingly overstated.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 12:56:47 »

I would argue that I doubt we know much about their finances, in the same way they no jack shit about ours - despite their knowledge of us blowing our budget and paying Magera £2,00,00000,00,0000 a day.

Wrong wrong bazza.

Its 10 players on 6k a week. fact!
Flashheart

« Reply #77 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 13:00:37 »

We must be gzillions in debt by now
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 13:07:46 »

We must be gzillions in debt by now

It's ok. Big crowd to sell the coffers today in the biggest derby of the season. Don't see why we didn't put tickets on sale back in May 1997 for this one. Would have saved us all a lot of grief.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 13:08:01 »

To be honest we are almost certainly losing money that the owners are covering. I'd imagine the amount of loss will reduce over time as they sort out more and more of the mess.

We are lucky at the moment. Long may it continue.

However the thought we are going bust is alive only in the fantasies of Oxford fans. Except Eric obviously, he's dreaming of taking the whole of Swindon, but only when nobody is watching.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 14:07:28 »

Have you got your bus pass yet?

No, and I'm fully expecting the Right Honorable Member for Witney, to have removed that privilege from Her Majesty's  honest, hard working, loyal subjects of my generation, by the time I qualify for it.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 14:23:00 »

To be honest we are almost certainly losing money that the owners are covering. I'd imagine the amount of loss will reduce over time as they sort out more and more of the mess.

We are lucky at the moment. Long may it continue.

However the thought we are going bust is alive only in the fantasies of Oxford fans. Except Eric obviously, he's dreaming of taking the whole of Swindon, but only when nobody is watching.

We may lose money this year, but don't underestimate the combined value of getting to the JPT final (tickets, prize money, merchandise), playing those games against Wigan and Leicester, playing a few games on TV, having numerous shirt sponsors, and averaging 7-8k at home. All sources of income that most clubs in this division aren't receiving.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #82 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:02:35 »

Ummmmm fuck yeah!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: