Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo at The Brunel Centre  (Read 9094 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 19:25:13 »

Joined the masses today in town, did anyone else bother?

After a couple of pics with the kids, my 6 year old son decided to ask PDC a question (The rehearsed question was how is Aden Flint doing), except it came out as "will you still be our manager next season Paolo?" The reason for his question was because he has got his first season ticket for next season. Paolo at first bent down and said "what was that Thomas", so he repeated the question and his instant response was "If the board want me here", this is where i braved up and assured him we all want him here, he shook my hand, he has a very firm grip, and all i managed to come out with was, "well done mate", he winked and said thank you.

After £120 of Wembley related paraphenalia we spotted Raffa De Vita checking out the Wembley Car Flags and he and Paolo were discussing something in Italian accross the shop, Paolo's stern looking PA took some convincing when we tried to get a just purchased STFC school bag signed by Paolo, but fair play to PDC, he stopped what he was doing, and signed my boys school bag, although we had already been through the queue, asked what we wanted writing on the bag and gave us the thumbs up. As you can imagine, the boy is buzzing about taking his bag to school tomorrow, all of a sudden a few kids in his class are starting to follow STFC, rather than the normal Man Utd/Liverpool etc.

I got to see the PDC effect first hand today, if anyone from the Board does read these forums, do whatever you have to do to tie PDC down until he is pushing daises, can you imagine lining up in the streets of Crawley to see that fat cunt Evans? We have a gem on our hands and you get the feeling he is a loyal sort of guy to those that keep there promises.

Great time to follow STFC aint it  Grin
Dozno9

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 19:31:37 »

Nice post and chuffed to bits for your lad.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 19:41:17 »

Nice story. Massive kudos to Jeremy Wray for appointing him. In all honesty, I would have gone for Didi Hamman - thank God I'm not Chairman of STFC.

What we're going through right now is close to 'football nirvana'. It doesn't get that much better as a football fan than it is right now (although some people it would seem find it a bit 'boring' Roll Eyes) It sure as hell has been a long time coming.

Personally, I'm pretty confident that Paolo will be here for another couple of seasons at least (as long as Big Sam keeps doing the business at West Ham).
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 19:42:54 »

Personally, I'm pretty confident that Paolo will be here for another couple of seasons at least (as long as Big Sam keeps doing the business at West Ham).

I don't think i've ever wanted another team to keep winning as I do with West Ham at the moment.

Keep up the good work Big Sam!
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 20:35:08 »

Nice story. Massive kudos to Jeremy Wray for appointing him. In all honesty, I would have gone for Didi Hamman - thank God I'm not Chairman of STFC.

What we're going through right now is close to 'football nirvana'. It doesn't get that much better as a football fan than it is right now (although some people it would seem find it a bit 'boring' Roll Eyes) It sure as hell has been a long time coming.

Totally agree. I remember the Lou Macari, Ozzie Ardeles, Glen Hoddle era's and this is right up there with them. Enjoying every minute. Boring, this is not.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 20:36:30 »

To be fair we didn't interview either of them. I personally think we would have come up with the same answer.

Great story, great man and great time to be a town fan.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 20:47:57 »

To be fair we didn't interview either of them. I personally think we would have come up with the same answer.

Great story, great man and great time to be a town fan.

Chairman's office just after Paolo's interview: "Cancel the interviews for God and Didi ... WE'VE GOT PAOLO DI CANIO!"

Great time indeed .... I might even unemigrate.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 21:05:34 »

My mate designed a load of t-shirts that were going on sale today.  Apparently Paolo's pre-ordered loads for all his friends and family coming over from Wembley.  My mate's chuffed to bits because he had a personal thanks from him.

It's nice to see him doing his bit out and about round the town mixing with everyone and seeming to enjoy it.

I'm slightly ashamed to say I thought he was a very risky appointment last summer and was convinced it would be a disaster.  As somebody else said, good job Mr Wray took that risk and gave us the journey we've had so far this season.  The best is yet to come ........
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 21:26:52 »

Great post and great for your lad.

Both my boys still treasure the photo they have of Paolo after the Accrington away game as well as the kiss he gave my Mrs !!

I remember when we sponsored the Bradford game this year and met Paolo for the first time.
As we walked into his office he was about to shake our hands when I told him that we are not a Company but normal Supporters who have sponsored the game today and we all felt honoured to meet him.

Well........is if you would have known him for years. He just suddenly changed and laughed and said we had passion he was so happy to talk about the players, sign autographs have photo's.
I remember Adam (Marketing) was trying to get us out the door but Paolo seemed so happy to talk to us as we were Supporters. Adam said after, that up to that game he has never seen Paolo so open as in that meeting probably because we were Supporters.

We are the Matchday Programme sponsor for the last home game against Port Vale. What a party that could turn out to be !!

This Di Canio era is fantastic and loving every minute of it.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 21:31:15 »

My mate designed a load of t-shirts that were going on sale today.  Apparently Paolo's pre-ordered loads for all his friends and family coming over from Wembley.  My mate's chuffed to bits because he had a personal thanks from him.

It's nice to see him doing his bit out and about round the town mixing with everyone and seeming to enjoy it.

I'm slightly ashamed to say I thought he was a very risky appointment last summer and was convinced it would be a disaster.  As somebody else said, good job Mr Wray took that risk and gave us the journey we've had so far this season.  The best is yet to come ........

The Open Day pre season was when i thought....WOW,this is going to be good and i havn't been wrong.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 23:02:45 »

Great post and great for your lad.

Both my boys still treasure the photo they have of Paolo after the Accrington away game as well as the kiss he gave my Mrs !!

I remember when we sponsored the Bradford game this year and met Paolo for the first time.
As we walked into his office he was about to shake our hands when I told him that we are not a Company but normal Supporters who have sponsored the game today and we all felt honoured to meet him.

Well........is if you would have known him for years. He just suddenly changed and laughed and said we had passion he was so happy to talk about the players, sign autographs have photo's.
I remember Adam (Marketing) was trying to get us out the door but Paolo seemed so happy to talk to us as we were Supporters. Adam said after, that up to that game he has never seen Paolo so open as in that meeting probably because we were Supporters.

We are the Matchday Programme sponsor for the last home game against Port Vale. What a party that could turn out to be !!

This Di Canio era is fantastic and loving every minute of it.

And long may it continue.... When it was my 10yr ols girls turn for a photo he whispered in her ear "you are beautiful", didnt find this out until i was queing up for a Happy Meal, wondered why she went a bit red!

Sounds like Port Vale will be a great day for all
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 9, 2012, 11:45:52 »

I dont get this whole 'boring' to be a Town fan nonsense. Fuck that, as a lifelong and mostly long suffering Town fan, i fully appriciate when the times are good.

A big part of this is Paolo. He obviously loves the club and the fans and really goes for the interaction, everyone is behind him from the Chairman to the tea lady. And whilst occasionally over the top, I love his passion for the club. I love the Di Canio 'circus' and im loving this season.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 9, 2012, 12:14:59 »

I'll say it again - I don't find the season boring, I don't find Paolo boring, I didn't find Northampton away boring, it's merely the nature of most of our home wins. Hence why I've found myself doing a lot more away games this season. They tend to be more difficult.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 9, 2012, 12:42:55 »

I'll say it again - I don't find the season boring, I don't find Paolo boring, I didn't find Northampton away boring, it's merely the nature of most of our home wins. Hence why I've found myself doing a lot more away games this season. They tend to be more difficult.

I think thats probably what I was getting at with my thread the other day. That and the fact that it is only league two, which tones it down a bit for me. Still enjoying the season as a whole though

Things get better but they never get good
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 9, 2012, 12:48:43 »

And long may it continue.... When it was my 10yr ols girls turn for a photo he whispered in her ear "you are beautiful", didnt find this out until i was queing up for a Happy Meal, wondered why she went a bit red!

Paedo Di Canio?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: