Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday thread.  (Read 99354 times)
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:30:26 »

Little bit pissed now after shocking day when:

(a) my team didn't turn up for a local derby; and
(b) had to take my little one to A&E after getting a bump on his head.  (He's fine.)

Whilst gutted, I just want to say:

(c) the beer that our friends visiting this weekend from Swindon brought along is delicious (it's from the place that used to be the Archer's brewery near Rodbourne), apparently, now a micro brewery...you lot will know what it's called;
(d) thanks to all the other sides at the top for sweetening the pill of defeat: Chelts, Crawley, Shrews...you did us proud; and
(e) I still fucking love you, Swindon.

Just because you got bashed about a bit by a munter/harridan called Oxford today, it doesn't make you any less beautiful to me.

If grown men want bash the shit out of eachother that's up to them, throwing objects indiscriminately into a crowd of people especially where there are woman & children is pure cowardice;
Pox chavs are just like their castrated mascot... No balls
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:31:00 »

I remember he missed a few against Wimbledon.

On a side note - I'm not going to go through the thread so could someone post a quick summery of the Matt Ritchie ball boy incident.

I've read everything from he tried to take the ball back, to he assaulted him, to he kicked him in the face, to he raped him.
The Ball boy took his time to get the ball back, Ricthie push him and picked the ball up, yellow card.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:33:06 »

He misses too many sitters. Lots.

Must have missed this myself. No more guilty than another striker imho.

There are definitely games he struggles in, like Burton, but at this point in time he is in my opinion more likely to score than bodin or Murray.

This isn't a reaction to today's game, just how I see it. That said 30 out of 33 is a good argument to say Paolo has got it right
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #618 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:34:40 »

The Ball boy took his time to get the ball back, Ricthie push him and picked the ball up, yellow card.
Maybe Eric Read could give him a little cuddle and regale him with tales of derring do
stfcinbmth

« Reply #619 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:37:01 »

There are definitely games he struggles in, like Burton, but at this point in time he is in my opinion more likely to score than bodin or Murray.

This isn't a reaction to today's game, just how I see it. That said 30 out of 33 is a good argument to say Paolo has got it right

Yes

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:37:09 »

I agree with you completely. Although i want connell on the park the results have meant that doesn't really matter. Just frustrates me more today with losing.
The fella has a great attitude and seems to just get on with it. If it were me i'd be fuming
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:38:27 »

I was on my way to our game when the last sub was made on the radio - shocked it wasnt Connell. I'd have had him on for Cibbo after 20 minutes!
phelpsieboy

« Reply #622 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:38:55 »

Dont see why Murray gets picked over Connell more often than not, really dont rate Murray, he is supposedly Ipswich's best finisher, but if thats the case, I fear for their other strikers :p
Connell does a great job of bringing the best out of others, and he helps out Benson greatly, whereas Murray doesn't really offer anything.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #623 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:43:14 »

Dont see why Murray gets picked over Connell more often than not, really dont rate Murray, he is supposedly Ipswich's best finisher, but if thats the case, I fear for their other strikers :p
Connell does a great job of bringing the best out of others, and he helps out Benson greatly, whereas Murray doesn't really offer anything.
I think today sums up why we need the extra striker. Benson was poor but Duberry made him look poor - he looked fucking knackered today which isn't surprising given the number of games he's played. Murray and Connel both look better coming off the bench - both have played well but also played shit whilst benson has been consistent apart from today. Bodin again is up and down, which as a young player you'd expect. If we could get Steve Howard from Leicester on loan I'd be a very happy man. 
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:43:31 »

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:47:50 »

Ha ha, that kid in the cap in the first part was dragged away by his mum...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #626 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:48:45 »

Chalkie hit the nail on the head with the word consistency.

Benson is consistent, the rest aren't including Connell. Benson has made it easy for PDC to put his name down first, the rest haven't.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:50:24 »

Its so deflating and devestating losing that game, but Paolo's post match show of passion raving the fans up soon ended that feeling and instilled alot of fan unity and passion in the stands.

Had we played a quicker tempo today and stopped fannying about with the ball at the back, allowing oxford to get back to their defensive positions, we may well of scored, but hey ho, we are still top of the league !

Thoughts go out to Rockin Robins mum who got her head smashed in by a ripped up chair being flung at her by an oxford mong

I took Rockin Robin's Mum home after the game. Yes she was hit by a seat and cut her head. Clearly shaken but OK.
I guess hard Man Eric Read will be proud of that and be creaming himself on that result.

Well it hurts getting beat by the scum but we must move on.
Di Canio done us proud at the end and fair play to him.

Thougt we looked a little jaded today but hope an off day. Results were kind as well.

Credit to Poxfords Cental Defence and keeper they played very well.
So back to the wine and the kids.
Just phoned Rockin's Mum and Husband they are both OK.

Anyway Police looking through CCTV and I hope they get the wanker who threw it.

Lets bounce back Tuesday and if we go up and the scum stay down I would accept that.
1,200 outsung the Pox so we Supporters done our bit today and the lads will return the compliment by taking us up.

COYR's

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:51:00 »

Chalkie hit the nail on the head with the word consistency.

Benson is consistent, the rest aren't including Connell. Benson has made it easy for PDC to put his name down first, the rest haven't.

disagree. Connell has had good games then been benched in the next match. Has happend a few times.
How can anyone build up consistency when they are not given the chance to have consistency?
phelpsieboy

« Reply #629 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:52:42 »

Ha ha, that kid in the cap in the first part was dragged away by his mum...

Haha I saw that unfold, was so so funny
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: