Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday thread.  (Read 96625 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 07:05:01 »

Premonition 0-4
Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 07:08:51 »

3-0. Benson, Bodin, Duberry
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 07:19:07 »

Would be happy with a draw, but can't see past a Swindon win. 2-0.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 07:21:56 »

1-1 (Smith 90+7)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 07:26:22 »

I have also daydreamed that we would replicate the score of last weekends north london derby. 2-0 down then come back to win 2-5, that would shut the XXXXs up

You have pretty much described our outing to the Manor Ground early in 1990/91 (give or take a goal.)

Had to end my self-imposed internet holiday a few hours early.  Both my boys came in to the room and gave it a rousing COYR even before I was out of bed.  Set the day up nicely.

I don't predict results, but I'm hoping we don't just win...but that we take them to pieces.  Early goal, watch their heads drop after all the overblown hype, and then push on from there.

And when it is over, I won't be looking back.  I want this game finished, over, put to bed.  And then, once again, I want us in a different division to Oxford next year.  Three points today would help with that enormously.  They need the points more than we do - 7th place harder to achieve for them than 3rd place is to achieve for us.  So the pressure's on them.  Let's do it.
Azza

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 07:36:11 »

Well here it is, ever since the final whistle back in August I've wanted to play them again.

There is no doubt Paolo will have our players pumped and up for this game and I'm glad we have him in our dressing room than Wilder.

The players will be up for teaching Oxford a lesson and will start at 100mph, take an early lead and finish 3-0 winners.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 07:39:58 »

Can't predict the score today. Anyway, see you all there and hopefully back here safely with the 3 points!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 07:40:19 »

On our current form even including the fact we haven't played wonderfully the last few games, there's no reason we won't extend our winning run today.  However it would just be as typical to have the luck go against us and Oxford to beat us by an odd goal again.  For that reason I am feeling very nervous.  

I'm also concerned that today I'm stuck in bed recovering from an operation.  This discounts my usual keeping myself busy when Swindon are playing away and checking in randomly on here to find out the score.  Do I run the risk of listening fully on the radio, which I'm convinced brings them bad luck or try watching a live stream, which I've never done before.  1.5 hours of lying in bed pretending it's not happening will be unbearable.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 07:40:51 »

The difference between August and now is almost immeasurable. We have a far far superior defence, a dangerous midfield and a bit of firepower. We have a confident team and a good team. Back then it was early days with no fluency whatsoever.

None of this means we will win, but if the worst happens I can see at least see past it to Tuesday night and another win. Oxford may win the battle, we will win the war if we get promoted and they don't.

But I hope we fucking smash them.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 07:42:27 by Batch » Logged
guylewis1

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 07:41:25 »

Take a look at the poxford united wikipedia page!  it may not last long though
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 07:43:05 »

Take a look at the poxford united wikipedia page!  it may not last long though

Te he, though they did ours a couple of times yesterday.
Essexred

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 07:43:43 »

3 points- I'd love to destroy them but would settle for a scrappy 1-0. I can't believe how relieved I was when I checked who started this thread. In SSWS we trust!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 07:58:01 »

3-1 win, Benson & Connell. Get in, get the job done and get out.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 08:01:44 »

2-0

Benson 86, Connell 89
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 08:06:53 »

I never try to predict results, just to say let's fucking destroy 'em

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 52   Go Up