Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Beer and Booze Thread  (Read 13591 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, January 30, 2014, 08:51:16 »

Where's that wigster?  Will have to take a look  Yes

By the Town Hall, right by the parking by the front window.

It is owned by the same people that have started the K&A micro-brewery in Seend. Spit and sawdust pub upstairs, with just a beer & cider licence. 4 or 5 ales + a few scrumpies. An ever growing selection of bottled beers downstairs in the old wine vaults.

Well worth a visit, but be warned, they close at 9pm.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, January 30, 2014, 10:01:47 »

Talking of Devizes, whatever happened to 6X? You used to be able to get it all over the country, but it seems to have disappeared from everywhere but Wiltshire now. Shame, I'd have filled the car with it on my way back last week.

It's interesting, Wadworths seems to have kept itself local unlike say, St. Austell breweries, who are slowly spreading around the country. I don't know whether it's because they want to remain primarily a brewer instead of having a portfolio of pubs.

St. Austell and Wadworths are of a similar age as well, which makes life more intruiging.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, January 30, 2014, 12:48:00 »

It's interesting, Wadworths seems to have kept itself local unlike say, St. Austell breweries, who are slowly spreading around the country. I don't know whether it's because they want to remain primarily a brewer instead of having a portfolio of pubs.

St. Austell and Wadworths are of a similar age as well, which makes life more intruiging.

As long as they keep going and supply the Swindon area that's fine by me. Had a couple of pints of Old Timer the other day, first time for ages......YUM
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, January 30, 2014, 13:23:31 »

Talking of Devizes, whatever happened to 6X? You used to be able to get it all over the country, but it seems to have disappeared from everywhere but Wiltshire now. Shame, I'd have filled the car with it on my way back last week.

It's still in the Sainsbury's in Sheffield, so I'm guessing that's probably national, I can't think why it would be up here otherwise.

..never go back.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, January 30, 2014, 13:25:26 »

It's still in the Sainsbury's in Sheffield, so I'm guessing that's probably national, I can't think why it would be up here otherwise.

Hmm, maybe there's hope. I couldn't find any in Sainsbury's or Tesco's Ashford last week.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, January 30, 2014, 14:49:03 »

Local majestic here does it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 19:59:20 »

Having a couple, I say couple but I mean three big bottles, of Birra Moretti. Nice lager. Didn't realise it was owned by Heineken.

Will be on the rum soon.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 20:38:09 »

Unfortunately had to drink Arkells ale in the pub today, when will they produce a decent ale? Can't be that hard can it?

On a Tribute right now though... this is not the greatest drink in the wooooorld, this is just a tribute...
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 23:24:03 »

Unfortunately had to drink Arkells ale in the pub today, when will they produce a decent ale? Can't be that hard can it?

Although you don't hear too much praise for Arkells beer, one edition of the Good Beer Guide stated that Noėl Ale was worth spending Christmas in Swindon for.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, February 9, 2014, 00:12:52 »

Been mixing strongbow and 6x tonight.  Pint Quite enjoying beer again  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: