Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Accrington Official Matchday thread.  (Read 23598 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 09:42:22 »

Ferry and PDC had a full-on row early in the second half, lots of aggressive arm-waving from both camps - he was certainly not happy with something. Then when Ferry misplaced one more pass he subbed him.

Yeah I saw this. People keep saying Ferry asked to come off, he certainly didn't! PDC and Ferry had a massive ongoing argument for about ten minutes during the second half, which resulted in him being subbed and no hand shake. When his number went up you could see how pissed off Ferry was!
For me Rissers lack of mobility really stood out yesterday, offers a good aerial presence in midfield but he seemed to struggle in places
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 09:47:58 by Trashbat? » Logged
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 10:35:42 »

Comfortable enough win yesterday. We played some great football in the first half and could have had a hat full. I hope Ferry and PDC can sort it out, because we lack so much creativity without him.

Benson had a great game and I thought Ritchie looked really dangerous every time he got the ball. There was no way there were 80 Accrington fans there!

Massive week for us, need to focus on Tuesday before we even start talking about Saturday.
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 11:22:12 »

I counted around 50. Fair play to them though! Clap
stfcinbmth

« Reply #213 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 11:40:14 »

I counted around 50. Fair play to them though! Clap

Quite agree and nice they got a round of applause
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #214 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 12:02:10 »

Yeah I saw this. People keep saying Ferry asked to come off, he certainly didn't! PDC and Ferry had a massive ongoing argument for about ten minutes during the second half, which resulted in him being subbed and no hand shake. When his number went up you could see how pissed off Ferry was!
For me Rissers lack of mobility really stood out yesterday, offers a good aerial presence in midfield but he seemed to struggle in places

I sit about 20 feet from the dug out. Topboi certainly did not ask to come off but to suggest that there was a full blown argument is slightly OTT.
SF & Connell certainly appeared to take the brunt of the flak but Benno was also singled out. SF DID answer back and was clearly unhappy but NOT aggressive. I did cringe when he started to answer back but there was only ever going to be one winner in that debate.
It appears to me and a number of others that Topboi does not like playing with Risser. Whilst you can't fault Rissers commitment his skill levels are an absolute minimum. If you didn't know better you would say that he was the Samsung win a pro winner!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 12:05:11 »

Wouldnt read too much into the PDC and Ferry incident. Paolo knows that to expect from Ferry and he didnt play too well yesterday. Certainly not his best anyway. I think it will all blow over.

Easy win for us though in the end. We didnt even need to get out of first gear in the second half so why knacker ourselves out with more big games coming up in the next few weeks.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 12:25:30 »

I suspect the issue is one that often comes with Success.  We have some exceptionally good players in the team now, annd playing as a team has got us where we are.  But most of the players are young and want to demonstrate their individual credentials, and thus it is easy for discipline to be lost as a result.  The brilliant trio of Caddis, Ferry and ritchie was not working as well as it can do yesterday second half.  I am not skilled enough to know why, but my guess is that this has something to do with it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 12:54:42 »

I think we all know by now that no one wins an argument with Di-Canio. I think the situation has to sort itself out though. Whilst we've all seen for ourselves that Di-Canio is a fiery, passionate individual (I guess we all knew that anyway) he has also proved that he is certainly not stupid.

Slinging Clarke, Timlin and Kerrouche out on their ear was one thing but he knows full well that Ferry is far too important to this team to be falling out with him on a long term basis. And besides, these kinds of incidents must occur at every club around the country. I'm sure they'll work things out between them.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #218 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 15:09:57 »

Just about sobered up now. In the first half we wiped the floor with them apart from a 5 minute spell. The second half was crap but we'd done the job already and if they had scored we'd have gone up the other end and put one in.
I don't think we got out of 2nd gear all game and were probably in first gear for the second half.
A very comfortable easy win.
I can understand what PdC is saying but I think its a bit harsh given we're playing twice a week. I'd take the same again in the resot of our games.
Ardiles - my 4 year old nephew really enjoyed himself. He had a bag of sweets and his dads mobile phone to play some games on and was no trouble at all. It looks like he might well be going a bit more often now. his dad is Spurs so I think its my uncle duty to put him on the right path. 
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 15:50:47 »

Ardiles - my 4 year old nephew really enjoyed himself. He had a bag of sweets and his dads mobile phone to play some games on and was no trouble at all. It looks like he might well be going a bit more often now. his dad is Spurs so I think its my uncle duty to put him on the right path. 

Good work!  After this afternoon's result, you might even be able to persuade his Dad to switch as well!   Smiley
Dazzza

« Reply #220 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:06:06 »

I sit about 20 feet from the dug out. Topboi certainly did not ask to come off but to suggest that there was a full blown argument is slightly OTT.
SF & Connell certainly appeared to take the brunt of the flak but Benno was also singled out. SF DID answer back and was clearly unhappy but NOT aggressive. I did cringe when he started to answer back but there was only ever going to be one winner in that debate.
It appears to me and a number of others that Topboi does not like playing with Risser. Whilst you can't fault Rissers commitment his skill levels are an absolute minimum. If you didn't know better you would say that he was the Samsung win a pro winner!

Ta for that, sounds like it was something of nothing then?

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:07:29 »

It can always get a bit heated. No matter what level. I told one of my best mates to fuck off the other day because he moaned at me for not making a run.

It means naff all.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
The Frog

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 21:36:08 »

can i add there was never in a million years 80 away fans there
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 22:07:11 »

The away count would include hospitality and board members etc. too.  They still get a ticket, even though they don't pay for it.  It still gets added to teh matchday count.  I counted 50 in the away section and it's not inconceivable that there were 30 in the directors box to do with hospitality/directors/sponsorship/backroom staff.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 23:00:08 »

All a bit f an anti climax...

The players and the fans just never really got going in the second half.

Job done ..... Points n the bag and I predicted a draw.

Roll on Tuesday night.....driving back from ST Austell for that one.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: