Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ox**** game will kids be safe  (Read 24440 times)
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 10:16:34 »

I find the yellowsforum quite educational; who would have believed that small toff town* is at the heart of the football hooliganism community?!  I'm amazed they chose an Ox as their mascot considering the amount of testicular fortitude they have.. who'd of thought

* City in name, before a 'nice but dim' tells me oxford must be bigger than swindon cos it's only a town (which has happend btw). It's rough up there in Bronxford

kerry red

« Reply #76 on: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 10:18:42 »

I'm travelling a long way for this game - but I'm having second thoughts as their flag scares me and I hope none of their nasty wuff fans have those large foam hands - I don't like them either

« Last Edit: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 10:20:14 by kerry red » Logged
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 12:50:51 »

I quite often find myself agreeing with ardiles, bit not on this one.

This is the league game that when viewed in isolation I want to win more than any other, and want to lose even less. This is the one that will have me walking on air for a week, or have me grumpy  for the same.

I hate that they won at the cg for the first time in my lifetime. I want revenge.

In the context of our season there is only 3 points at stake. But this game is so much more to me.

So being it on, even the stupid posts and nonsensical witterings.

All I ask is any violence stays away from those not looking for it. Stays away full stop.

I concur mostly. This is the game I really really want to win, particularly as I live in Oxfordshire and know many who are Poxford fans.

I do however think Ardiles has a point. We're defined by being Swindon fans first and foremost and an offshoot of that is we really want to beat Poxford. Poxford fans however appear to be defined in the main by hating us which takes prominence over love for their own team - the hate consumes them - supporting their team almost seems an afterthought.

There's a fine line between a healthy rivalry and an obsession. If Oxford suddenly didn't exist my love for Swindon would continue unabated. If we didn't exist however, I genuinely believe Poxford fans would need support lines set up (like when Take That split) and the increase in suicides would dramatically increase - their supporting lives would no longer have any meaning such is how their lives are obsessively defined by us.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 12:54:24 »

Di Cuntio - ranks up there with Aljokefree as the worst insulting names ever doesnt it?

I also enjoyed the 'more thicker' in the 2nd quoted post. I'm not sure how he's come on the conclusion we arent as passionate as them?
Flashheart

« Reply #79 on: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 13:00:02 »

Di Cuntio - ranks up there with Aljokefree as the worst insulting names ever doesnt it?

Di Clownio is also a classic.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 13:30:19 »

DickFannyo has also been mentioned on there, they are hilarious!
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 13:35:26 »

On the Cheltenham forum he's Insanio
Flashheart

« Reply #82 on: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 13:38:44 »

I like that one
kerry red

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 13:59:38 »

And here we have PdC who has played in the Rome derby and Rangers-Celtic and they reckon rural Oxfordshire's finest will intimidate him on Saturday!

He's probably crapped scarier stuff!

Oh no!!! They might have a drum there as well - I'm quaking in my running shoes!

Flag and drum - don't they have any pity?
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 14:45:38 by kerry red » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 15:10:48 »

They have a massively high self belief over there and they rival the Adver forum for being whinging cunts, heres a few comments I found there earlier about playing us next week.....

I'm going because I think we're going to destroy them.

Swindon will bottle and they're bound to go through a major blip. We got every chance to win that title.

And many of us have had the misfortune to go to Swindon. We understand why there are so many mugs to pay the £25 - the people of Swindon are not very bright and the place is such a dump there is very little us to amuse their tiny minds.

Thought that might take everyones mind off the Pox game for 5 mins Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 18:46:01 »

Why dont those Cheltenham fans just admit they used to watch Swindon and be done with it.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 18:51:08 »

You can buy a fridge magnet
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 19:17:52 »

You can buy a fridge magnet

That made me laugh. If you don't fancy a magnet, you could get a commemorative key ring...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: