Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Evans Again  (Read 6252 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 13:33:47 »

Getting a crowd of 2,000 last night tells me everything I need to know about Crawley.

Tinpot minnows who are punching way above their weight.
DMR

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 15:54:18 »

Perhaps Posh Red will pen another letter to the FA.

He does have half a point PDC's been pretty clear about how we're going to win the league, they'll be some egg on faces if we don't do it (I should clarify I think we'll piss it by April).
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 16:06:55 »

Still not right because when he slags our club off he is slagging us off as well!
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 16:17:52 »

We did our talking on the pitch
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 16:26:14 »

Getting a crowd of 2,000 last night tells me everything I need to know about Crawley.

Tinpot minnows who are punching way above their weight.

When the bubble bursts and the money runs out, mark my words, Crawley will dissapear down quicker than a lead balloon...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 16:59:11 »

Don't close your mind Ralphy....

Gideon Mantell, in the early 19th century uncovered the fossil bones of a creature in the Wealden rocks of what is now modern Crawley...and called it Iguanadon, one of the first dinosaurs to be discovered

[url width=900 height=628]http://dinocasts.com/images/products/exhibits/Iguanodon-Gruppe_KL.jpg[/url]

More than a passing resemblance to Steve Evans...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 17:03:05 »

Bit too lean Reg in appearance but spot on in mentality.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 17:47:45 »

Even has his 2 mates running around the technical area with him!  Nice.

Never knowingly overstated.
Forza_Swindon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 18:00:01 »

Pox vs Crawley in the playoff final. The only year the FA decide that neither should be promoted to league one because they are both shit.

*sigh* if ONLY that could happen.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 18:32:49 »

Here's Evans ....

[url width=600 height=398]http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_jabba_large.jpg[/url]
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 20:03:46 »

I give you the mildly amusing Steve Evans phrasebook

http://www.impstalk.co.uk/20042005/features/phrasebook.htm
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 20:18:50 »

I give you the mildly amusing Steve Evans phrasebook

http://www.impstalk.co.uk/20042005/features/phrasebook.htm

That website is really quite funny. I like the away fans guide to Boston: http://www.impstalk.co.uk/rough_guides/boston.htm
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 21:09:44 »

Superb stuff on there. Liked the guide to Boston, well the Skeggie bi tin particular

'If your ideal night out is lying unconscious, face-down in a pool of rancid Barcadi Breezer-saturated vomit in the middle of a preposterously dreadful nightclub playing Bonkers Vol 1 thru 52 at 3.30am, surrounded by violent bigots fighting 300-pound bouncers, you will be delighted to learn that Skegness is a mere 45 minutes up the road.

Skegness is a popular destination for Bostonians who feel the curious need to marry their liver-melting alcohol consumption with a revolting combination of tacky, run-down mudflat resort and parochial Lincolnshire market town.

Put simply, no-one should ever go to Skegness. Not even the train from Boston wants to go there, the track forging stubbornly north until steering eastwards, sharply and reluctantly, at the last possible moment.

Skegness is perhaps best summed up by its pier, a pitiful structure mortally wounded in a storm years ago and yet never repaired. It barely reaches the beach, let alone the sea, poking half-heartedly from land with an almost apologetic shrugging-of-the-shoulders; a shameless statement of hopeless underachievement. That's Skeggy.'
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 06:18:35 »

Paolo has a real dig at Evans in todays Adver....

“I am not rough, I am not an uneducated person and I am not bad to watch in my opinion. How can I be similar to this guy?"
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 08:30:26 »

Superb stuff on there. Liked the guide to Boston, well the Skeggie bi tin particular

'If your ideal night out is lying unconscious, face-down in a pool of rancid Barcadi Breezer-saturated vomit in the middle of a preposterously dreadful nightclub playing Bonkers Vol 1 thru 52 at 3.30am, surrounded by violent bigots fighting 300-pound bouncers, you will be delighted to learn that Skegness is a mere 45 minutes up the road.

Skegness is a popular destination for Bostonians who feel the curious need to marry their liver-melting alcohol consumption with a revolting combination of tacky, run-down mudflat resort and parochial Lincolnshire market town.

Put simply, no-one should ever go to Skegness. Not even the train from Boston wants to go there, the track forging stubbornly north until steering eastwards, sharply and reluctantly, at the last possible moment.

Skegness is perhaps best summed up by its pier, a pitiful structure mortally wounded in a storm years ago and yet never repaired. It barely reaches the beach, let alone the sea, poking half-heartedly from land with an almost apologetic shrugging-of-the-shoulders; a shameless statement of hopeless underachievement. That's Skeggy.'

Bloody hell that's good. I want this bloke's first novel.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: