Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 78 to 88 points  (Read 20483 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 22:07:36 »

Seem to remember they were the only side to beat us at home during the 1995/96 promotion season.
Dozno9

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 22:47:16 »

Of the 10 home games left we've beaten 4 of those teams so far. Looking at the early days we lost against some crap.
fatbasher

« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 00:19:29 »

I think we'll get another 40 points thus putting us on 98 for the season. Will that be enough to win the league? Who knows, enough to get promoted for sure.

On a foot note I had a conversation late last week with one of my OU supporting customers. He told me at their last home game the conversation had swung full circle recently from what score they'd beat us by to how many we'd bang in against them for NO reply starting at 0-3. This guy is a genuine supporter and a decent bloke who says things as he sees them. "I hate to admit this" he said to me "but you're nailed on to win the league". Does give you warm cosy feeling when you get unsolicited comments confirming what you (as in I ) have felt for most of the season even when we had that five game losing streak back in August/September from the enemy.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 04:19:15 »

Franchise won the league with 97 points in 07/08.

I reckon we'll need around that figure this time.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 10:19:51 »

I think we'll clinch promotion at Pikeys and win the league at home to Port Vale.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 10:25:55 »

The super-confident talk on this thread is making me nervous.  Still 1/3 of the season to go, and plenty of opportunity to trip up, starting tomorrow.  My 'lose to Oxford in the play off final' nightmare continues to haunt me.  We have to keep turning these results out.  Not anywhere near in the bag at the moment.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 10:31:30 »

I genuinely can't see us losing again this season, maybe a couple of draws, away at the Pox maybe, but I think we can win every game left this season.

The run in from now favours us being that we only have to play the Pox away in the top 11 teams in the league.
The other 11 teams we have either played twice (and won both) or we have already played them away, and with our form of not conceding at home since 8th October, 8 games or 720 mins of football without letting in a goal, and 5 of our next 6 games are at the CG too we SHOULD be top by March.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 10:32:44 »

The super-confident talk on this thread is making me nervous.  Still 1/3 of the season to go, and plenty of opportunity to trip up, starting tomorrow.  My 'lose to Oxford in the play off final' nightmare continues to haunt me.  We have to keep turning these results out.  Not anywhere near in the bag at the moment.

I agree but I am allowing a little bit of confidence to creep in (against my better judgement) we both know full well that being a Swindon fan is never as easy as it should be!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 10:50:04 »

I sort of agree with you however when you watch us play it really does make you believe that the league is ours for the taking, we're so strong in every position.... the quality of the opposition has been dire this season aswell, we've sometimes not even played at our best and won comfortably..... really can't see us throwing it away.
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 10:50:17 »

I agree but I am allowing a little bit of confidence to creep in (against my better judgement) we both know full well that being a Swindon fan is never as easy as it should be!

Totally agree with this ^^^^^^^
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 10:59:06 »

Ive been confident for a while that we'd get to at least 90 points. The only change to that recently is Im now thinking we're more likely to get 95+.

If somebody else is good enough to get more and win the league then fair play to them, but with the number of home games we've got left it would take a huge dip in form for us to finish outside the top 3.

This table makes for good viewing at the moment. Projected points totals based on recent form suggests we could even match our 102 points from 85/86!
http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D3/runin.html
Flashheart

« Reply #26 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 10:59:40 »

It's playing against the lesser teams that worry me most. Even Hereford gave us a scare, one day we may just not be able to find that odd goal. And look at Macclesfield, one freak wonder strike or lucky deflection from them and we would have dropped two points.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 11:14:49 »

That's always the concern Flashheart however this group of players look as though they can see out games, we've been pretty comfortable going into the last 5 minutes or so in games. I remember under Paul Sturrock in 2007 where we were just doing enough to win... unbearable to watch.
Coca Fola

« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 15:36:53 »

Franchise won the league with 97 points in 07/08.

I reckon we'll need around that figure this time.
Didn't they also win the JPT that season... Funny that.  Hmmm
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 16:15:50 »

It'll be fine Ardiles.  We've been through the same seasons, the same ups and downs.  And I can you, without fear of being wrong, that we will piss this tinpot league.  We will.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: