Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 78 to 88 points  (Read 20487 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 19:25:59 »

Is the points needed for automatic promotion from this division finishing in 3rd place since 04/05 season to present.

07/08 was a freak season where Hereford finished 3rd on a very high 88 points.

04/05 Yeovil won the league with 83 points.

Where do we see this season panning out ? I reckon 85 points will clinch 3rd place.

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 19:28:48 »

At the rate we are going we're going to get more than that...and anyway we're going for the title.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 19:51:40 »

Was just looking on the BBC football site at our fixture list. They don't have the missing Barnet away fixture on there yet but can't think of our other game in hand? I think on current form we should be winning 8 of our 10 remaining home games so that would be 82 points plus whatever we pick up away. 88 points or more is realistic.
kerry red

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 19:54:17 »

So you think we will only pick up another 6 points away from home!!!

Don't be so pessimistic guys - we are in the zone this season. Difficult to see who is going to beat us - it's a crap division.

Undefeated for the remainder of the season and start thinking about promotion next season too
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 19:56:55 »

109 is the maximum we can achieve
kerry red

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 20:00:05 »

109 it is then
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 20:00:36 »

Is the points needed for automatic promotion from this division finishing in 3rd place since 04/05 season to present.

07/08 was a freak season where Hereford finished 3rd on a very high 88 points.

04/05 Yeovil won the league with 83 points.

Where do we see this season panning out ? I reckon 85 points will clinch 3rd place.

I can see this being a season like the 07/08 season.  There are at least 7 clubs more than capable of making a break for it, I do think we will win the league with a game or two in hand!  I believe only the last play-off position is up for grabs unless a couple of the top clubs absolutely blow-up!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 20:02:44 »

So you think we will only pick up another 6 points away from home!!!

Don't be so pessimistic guys - we are in the zone this season. Difficult to see who is going to beat us - it's a crap division.

Undefeated for the remainder of the season and start thinking about promotion next season too
We still have a few tough away games so I'm still thinking the majority of our home games will have to be won.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 20:03:07 »

Was just looking on the BBC football site at our fixture list. They don't have the missing Barnet away fixture on there yet but can't think of our other game in hand? I think on current form we should be winning 8 of our 10 remaining home games so that would be 82 points plus whatever we pick up away. 88 points or more is realistic.

It's Burton at home.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 20:07:38 »

It's Burton at home.
Thank you, found that now Tues 28th Feb
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 20:08:00 »

I can see this being a season like the 07/08 season.  There are at least 7 clubs more than capable of making a break for it, I do think we will win the league with a game or two in hand!  I believe only the last play-off position is up for grabs unless a couple of the top clubs absolutely blow-up!

If anyone do blow, It will be torquay. They only have 6 home games remaining.
kerry red

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 20:10:57 »

Still can't believe there are still unbelievers - we are witnessing the dawn of an era here, guys.

Give it 4 weeks and the rest will be staring at our arse
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 21:53:18 »

Still can't believe there are still unbelievers - we are witnessing the dawn of an era here, guys.

Give it 4 weeks and the rest will be staring at our arse

I think it's the pain of experience, whilst I'm currently enjoying the ride, I can't get carried away until promotion is in the bag. Besides none of us truly knows what Di Canio will do at the end of the season if offered a better job elsewhere.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 21:59:15 »

I think it's the pain of experience, whilst I'm currently enjoying the ride, I can't get carried away until promotion is in the bag. Besides none of us truly knows what Di Canio will do at the end of the season if offered a better job elsewhere.
That's the problem, over the years it's hardly ever been straight forward. Either ups or downs but not many in betweens.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 22:00:18 »

Shrewsbury have beaten us once this season already. We're good enough to beat them, but I won't be getting carried away with any of this 109 points business until we've got that one out of the way!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: