Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hereford Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 46519 times)
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 00:06:44 »

I've really not considered that our players have been diving but don't like the fact that a number of opposing fans seem to come away from the matches complaining about us cheating.  Usually the fingers are pointed mainly at Caddis and Ritchie.  This is probably because the typical League 2 player can't cope with them and end up bringing them to ground.

Today I noticed that in the last half hour or so the Hereford fans seem to take exception to any of our players lying on the ground after being felled by their cloggers. Cibo and Macca seemed to get the worst of the stick - in both cases they were hit so hard I could almost feel it on the other side of the ground.  The neanderthal fans must think that League 2 football is all about hoofing and kicking lumps out of the opposition so we're going against the spirit of the game to try to pass the ball and not join in with the thuggery.

I also think the ref should have done a lot more to protect the players by using his cards sooner and more consistently.
Just glad we came away without any serious damage done to any of our players.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 00:41:49 »

The thing is sides have recently tried lots of different formations and tactics to try and compete with us but now it seems managers are quite happy for their players to try and kick us off the park. Evans and alike was aloud to get away with it by the ref and it took their manager taking him off to stop him, and that was certainly not for our benefit.suppose getting kicked up in the air is part and parcel of league two football.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 01:08:15 »

I think we should if that's his name. Is that his name?? I think it is...what do you think?

Stop giving me shit if you don't even know his name. I thought people called him Boetang just has a play on word(s). I guess reading was a difficult task. I get a lot of unfounde (open for debate) unless stupidity is a sin.

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 01:10:42 »

Nice to see on the FLS that Torquay's 'outstanding' run gets quite a few mentions whereas our form which is even better, gets absolutly nothing. You'd think people didnt like us wouldnt you?

Smug Fuck Off
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 01:12:57 »

Nice to see on the FLS that Torquay's 'outstanding' run gets quite a few mentions whereas our form which is even better, gets absolutly nothing. You'd think people didnt like us wouldnt you?

Smug Fuck Off

To be fair, we've equalled their run of 7 straight wins, so it has the potential to be better, but isn't yet. Although our overall form has indeed been better

SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 04:19:59 »

Paul Benson (best bit of January business in the division by far btw)

I'd personally go with Foderingham over Benson..

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 06:53:32 »

I'd personally go with Foderingham over Benson..

fair point, kind of forgot about Fods because he was here anyway...

Tough call though.
Spencer_White

« Reply #457 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 08:02:40 »

I thought the pitch was OK when I got in the ground. Then as I sobered up during the game I realised it had huge ruts in it.

Do Hereford fans honestly expect STFC players to let them kick them? They were very lucky to keep 11 on the field the entire game. To be fair, they gave us a real test. The last 30 minutes in particular, they were picking up the balls in midfield and going forward. Saw in a match preview that a Hereford fan wasnt sure if they played long ball or not, and I could see what he meant. Some of the long balls didnt even go in the right direction at times.

I didnt think the temporary stand was as bad as it could have been, because pretty much everyone stood up. How come the away end failed the safety certificate but the home end didnt? Someone said they didnt understand why Hereford fans had no enthusiasm, but Ive got a lot of sympathy for them. They are hoping on a miracle that some money will pop up from somewhere so they can do something with the ground. I did notice the car park had been tarmacked. In 2007 we went through that car park and it was an absolute dust bowl.

Great 3 points. Glad we scored down our end. Tough game tuesday.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 09:24:54 »

3 points all the matters when we go to teams down the bottom of the table, so great to come away with them and get back into the top 3!

Hereford: Shite pitch, shite ground, shite fans (it was like a morgue from their end!)

Onwards to Tuesday...3 home games now that will hopefully equal 3 more wins  Cheesy

#VivaKenBarlow!
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 09:30:50 »

Just had a look at the thread on their forum (both pages!) and most comments seem fair.
Their fans seemed to think that they battled in the last 20 mins and were disappointed not to come away with anything but are worried about their general lack of quality. Fair assessment I think.  They thought we were nothing special - probably right yesterday but as Paolo said its winning on days like this that gets you championships.

The only 2 comments on cheating were the ones posted earlier in this thread.  One said our players rolled around after every tackle - they must have their own definition of that word in Hereford. Had to laugh at the assessment of the Evans / Cibo encounter as a 50/50 that was a good tackle - that was one of the worst challenges I've seen all season.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 09:37:29 »

Does the booking for Caddis yesterday take him to 5? If so, it' ll be interesting to see who plays right back on Tuesday? Devera, Thompson, Kennedy?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 10:10:21 »

Does the booking for Caddis yesterday take him to 5? If so, it' ll be interesting to see who plays right back on Tuesday? Devera, Thompson, Kennedy?
Caddis will play, amnesty for five bookings kicked in on 1st Jan.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 10:15:07 »

Had a pretty nice day before the game. Hereford seems like a nice enough place and we stopped in a pub for a quick pint, then the yoof showed up so we moved on down to The Imperial, had a lovely Texan Chilli burger and another pint. The day got rather depressing once I took my spot at the back of the temp stand though. Jesus what a fucking shit hole that place is.
A horrible, ugly game caused by the "pitch" and their inability to execute a sliding tackle. A win's a win though and that's all that counts on days like that.

Benno and Macca were my top 2 performers with Cibo not far behind - he fucking loves it does Cibo.

Evans only stayed on the pitch due to the refs incompetance - he knew what he'd done judging by his reaction, yet to my utter astonishment the ref didn't even give a free kick let alone the deserved 2nd yellow!

It's games like that, that win you leagues. Huge HUGE game on Tuesday and I am absolutely gutted that I'm missing it.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #463 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 10:50:46 »

What's the club record for league wins in a row? 7 in a row with 3 home games to come. Be dissapointed if it's not 10 the way our form is right now, especially at home.

Our best league runs of consecutive wins so far -

7 wins in a row in 68-69 in the old Div 3
7 wins in a row in 86-87 in the old Div 3
8 wins in a row in 85-86 in the old Div 4
7 wins in a row in 2011-12 in Div 2 Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #464 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 12:00:59 »

They really fucking hate us at hereford don't they!

I know I should be used to everyone hating us but this is a new low and I just see it as jealousy...

Great game to watch; Swine showed themselves to be the horrible, disgusting, vile club I thought they would be. Absolutely criminal how they rolled around after every tackle - the 50/50 with Evans and their left back was particularly bad considering it was a good tackle; it was just embarrassing to watch!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: